Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

theawddone_sl

shitlord
Extreme flex spot (W/R/T) dilemma this weekend, standard scoring yahoo league: Edelman, Martellus Bennett, Daryl Richardson, or Mike Wallace....the first two seem the most 'reliable' to get me a few points, but I really want the highest upside potential as I am going against a team with payton and wes welker, which means this is likely to be a high scoring bout.

theawddone_sl

shitlord
MJD was just a bad pick

any advice for my team this week RG3 and AP are both on bye and Im playing the guy who has the best record.

rrr_img_45141.jpg

also just got a trade offfer MJD for dwayne bowe and steven jackson
Sounds like an awesome deal, steven jackson should be good later in the season. Your team is scarily very similar to mine (AP, Gates, Edelman, Richardson). I would think hard about playing richardson over pierce, since richardson apparently isn't the unqualifed starter after last week's work...otherwise, you're in for some tough decisions no matter what.

jrbuddha

Silver Knight of the Realm
So my receivers kinda suck..so help me pick 2
K. Thompkins
H. Nicks
J. Kerley
S. Smith
Thanks

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Who to flex? 0.5 ppr w/ decimal scoring.http://i.imgur.com/mNHv9cT.png
You have the guy in there I would play, although his upside is limited with a healthy Bush out there. Only other choice might be Matthews but I think he is losing his job to Woodhead. Broyles still needs to prove it (and has had a poor showing of it so far), I haven't started an ARI RB in years now and only way Bush is getting any points is by vulturing a TD, which I wouldn't depend on.

Allen could be a sneaky play, but feels like you'd be getting to cute in making that play.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was really looking forward to getting 2nd game out of Amendola, but he's supposed to be limited and they're going to be playing in the rain apparently.

Back to Shorts it is=/

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
My flex is a mess this week, standard scoring, have a choice of J. Rodgers, Tavon Austin, D. Hopkins, or Vernon Davis. Austin has the best matchup but he hasn't really done shit this year so far.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Hopkins isn't a bad play. I'm playing Austin myself this week. Not expecting a big game, but he might steal a TD at some point.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
CJ out incase you live under a rock..

Sucks I need to start Kendell Wright.. I'm on the fence between J. Rodgers or Brandon Bolden. Think Bolden might get a TD today

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I want to think the Falcons will hang some points on the Jets and Rodgers will have a good game because they will be running it a lot but the offense looked pretty bad last week.

schnarkie_sl

shitlord
Hmmm Jennings tonight or Powell tomorrow night? Down by 4 points. Aren't Chargers like 25th in the rush and Atlanta around 5th?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What in the fuck is going on here? Get your shit together, ESPN.
Steelers bye week so we had our first annual fantasy bye week get together(half the league showed for an hour then went to Pirates game), and that Chiefs 30 points was fucking with us. Stayed that way for like the entire first half, said they had 3 TD when the team had 10 points total.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I'm all tied up. I have J.Rodgers going and he has Matt Bryant. Hopefully Rodgers rips off an early TD or something.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I'm in a virtual tie going into the game tonight, I have ATL D/ST, my opponent has T. Gonzalez. Not looking good, losing will drop me to 1-4 despite being the 3rd highest scoring team in my 10-team league.

TrainWreck1.gif

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I have been offered Ray Rice for Knowshon Moreno and Josh Gordon. WR heavy league only 1 RB slot and no flex. Replacements for Gordon in my starting lineup would be Cecil Shorts, Denarius Moore or TY Hilton.

Kinda inclining to accept it. Thoughts?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Ehhh...I don't know about that one. Ray Rice hasn't exactly been lighting it up this year.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I have been offered Ray Rice for Knowshon Moreno and Josh Gordon. WR heavy league only 1 RB slot and no flex. Replacements for Gordon in my starting lineup would be Cecil Shorts, Denarius Moore or TY Hilton.

Kinda inclining to accept it. Thoughts?
Yeah, that is kind of a tough one. Sounds like guy offering trade is going for a "sell high" on Ray Rice banking on someone buying into the fact that 'he is back.' He did get a lot of work/points this weekend, but his YPC were still abysmal and I am not convinced Caldwell is going to continue to call Rice's number like last week.

Meanwhile Moreno is a top-10 back, producing despite the Denver RB by committee and seems to have the trust of Manning (which increases the odds that he is on the field more than the other guys).

If you think that Ray Rice is back to form I would consider trading for him, as Moreno is in a time-share and still depends on happening to be on the field when Manning goes no-huddle in order to be the guy who gets points. In other words, he is a boom-or-bust guy and I personally would rather take consistency rather than hoping for the homerun. But I think that price for RR is too steep, not with the way Moreno has produced thus far. If you want RR I would counter with Moreno for Rice straight up. If you don't trust that RR is back to form than don't take it, like I said, so far Moreno is top-10.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rice got two short yardage td runs last week and his yards per carry was bad. The only thing that is back right now is the ravens willingness to rush. I'd hold off for one more week. Moreno is going to put up solid points on the jags this week.

I'm saying this as a ray rice owner.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been waiting for Moreno to get hurt. I'm shocked it hasn't happen yet.
Calvin Johnson is another game time.. I don't have a deep bench. Just Kendell Wright and Lenord Hankerson. I'm actually thinking about picking up Miles Austin and staring him next to Dez if CJ doesn't play..