Fantasy Football: 2015 Advice Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trade Carson Palmer they said....Big Ben never gets hurt they said.....

Whats worse is Tyler Eifert (who I traded Palmer for) didn't do anything this week.....
I did said. And I traded Mariota for Eifert. My team is based around Ben to AB. This is not ideal for me. I'm 8 of 8 in the waiver order, I don't think I'll get Vick before someone else grabs him to cockblock me.

My top scorer this week is the Cards D with 28. I should win, just need Mason Crosby to finish within 34 points of Aaron Rodgers.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I have Lacy on the bench and Abdullah in. Anyone think Lacy will get enough snaps on Monday if he plays at all?
Talk is Lacy won't see much play time, and Starks is a great play (especially in daily fantasy), so that probably means Lacy scores 3 TDs & makes you cry.

First fantasy league, person I was playing had Randle, AJ Green, & Arizona's D... so that was a lost cause immediately. 2nd league was a battle of the "we are overrated backs, hope you didn't draft us". Forsett & Anderson are just absolutely destroying the world to a tune of 2 & 1 fantasy points (non-ppr), and Big Ben was my QB so, fuck yeah! Somehow in an 8-team league my opponent and I won't even break 145 points combined, which is embarrassing, but a wins a win.

DFS fucking sucked today also. Definitely the two worst weeks I have had in DFS. And shout out to Blount for stealing all those fucking TDs. Fucking dropped him last week, because the Patriots' backs are so fucking unpredictable. Sad, sad fucking week.

Crazily

N00b
I did said. And I traded Mariota for Eifert. My team is based around Ben to AB. This is not ideal for me. I'm 8 of 8 in the waiver order, I don't think I'll get Vick before someone else grabs him to cockblock me.

My top scorer this week is the Cards D with 28. I should win, just need Mason Crosby to finish within 34 points of Aaron Rodgers.
I picked up Tyrod Taylor after trading Palmer so I guess I hope that offense continues to put up points. I still have L.Mcoy, AP, Andre Ellington and Arian Foster to lean on....

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was up a hundred fucking points going into tonight's game and my opponent had Rodgers, Cobb, Kelce and the Packers defense. Granted, it's PPR/6 pts for passing TD's, but nevertheless, he just went ahead of me.

Motherfuck.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Dropped Forsett for the Freeman.

What a fucking disappointment, Forsett and CJ Anderson have been.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
This is my RB situation currently.

Carlos Hyde- he is the 8th ranked overall RB, but only because of what he did in week 1, when he was on my bench.
DeMarco Murray- Complete dumpster fire and now hurt.
C.J. Anderson- 54th ranked RB. Not really even worth a roster spot at this point based on performance so far. Thankfully he only cost me a 14th round pick though.
Jonathan Stewart- Despite being one of the few RB's in the league not in a time share, still hasn't even been worth RB2 status, might end up getting out-rushed by his QB by the end of the season.

My team is getting carried by Keenan Allen, Larry Fitzgerald, and Randell Cobb right now so I'm still getting some wins, but I am so screwed at RB.

In the meantime, here is what our auto-drafted guy did this week. Previous all time high score in my league was 210...

rrr_img_111200.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Julio AND AJ? WTF.
A lot of generally good players and experts still buy in to the RUNNING BACKS ABOVE ALL mentality. So you get a lot of teams that didn't get a top 5 RB who end up with sick WR corps. Which I fully support if you didn't manage to land AP, Bell, or Charles. Guys like AB, Green, Julio, and ODB are consistent enough and have higher ceilings, they're totally on par with those top RB's. And after those top tiers the WR depth is way way better.

People taking 2nd/3rd rate RB's in the late first and early second when top tier WRs are still on the board are not doing themselves any favors. Just try to imagine how many leagues out there had Murray, McCoy, Lynch, Hill, Anderson, Forsett etc on rosters ahead of those top WR's. Folks need to get on board with the new fantasy paradigm!

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Here is how the draft went. It isn't showing the snake correctly since I manually entered in all the results due to the power being out when we drafted. He got Julio with the 9th pick and Green with the 12th. Keep in mind this is a keeper league, which is why some obvious names aren't there.

rrr_img_111257.jpg

Sterling

El Presidente
A lot of generally good players and experts still buy in to the RUNNING BACKS ABOVE ALL mentality. So you get a lot of teams that didn't get a top 5 RB who end up with sick WR corps. Which I fully support if you didn't manage to land AP, Bell, or Charles. Guys like AB, Green, Julio, and ODB are consistent enough and have higher ceilings, they're totally on par with those top RB's. And after those top tiers the WR depth is way way better.

People taking 2nd/3rd rate RB's in the late first and early second when top tier WRs are still on the board are not doing themselves any favors. Just try to imagine how many leagues out there had Murray, McCoy, Lynch, Hill, Anderson, Forsett etc on rosters ahead of those top WR's. Folks need to get on board with the new fantasy paradigm!
Well the idea is about depth. Having a 12 PPG RB and a 10 PPG receiver is better than having a 13 PPG WR and a 7 PPG RB. Anderson has been pure shit though.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol Hopkins, AJ, Julio, and Olsen. What a fucking stack. A lucked out with the Murray and Freeman picks. 10 man league, still impressive.

I personally have Hopkins and AJ as well, went Charles in the first round and Eifert for my TE. My real weak point is my RB2, which is currently T.J. Yeldon with Blount, Williams(Buffalo), D. Johnson(Arizona) sitting on the bench. Not sure how to approach that shitty situation honestly. May start Williams this week against the Giants should Shady not play.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well the idea is about depth. Having a 12 PPG RB and a 10 PPG receiver is better than having a 13 PPG WR and a 7 PPG RB. Anderson has been pure shit though.
Holy shit 22 points is more than 20? That IS depthy!

There's 8 RB's averaging 13 right now. Vs. 13 WR's. 14 vs 21 for double digits. And 3 vs 7 for 15+ a week. And 2 of those RB's were averaging less than 10 before this week(Freeman/Randle).

WR is just a deeper position with how the league is now. Points are points. People are obsessed with this idea that RB points are somehow guaranteed and outside of the very best that just hasn't been the case for a few seasons now.

Adjust yo perceptions!

Sterling

El Presidente
Holy shit 22 points is more than 20? That IS depthy!

There's 8 RB's averaging 13 right now. Vs. 13 WR's. 14 vs 21 for double digits. And 3 vs 7 for 15+ a week. And 2 of those RB's were averaging less than 10 before this week(Freeman/Randle).

WR is just a deeper position with how the league is now. Points are points. People are obsessed with this idea that RB points are somehow guaranteed and outside of the very best that just hasn't been the case for a few seasons now.

Adjust yo perceptions!
I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying a lot of people feel like that still happens. And I certainly wouldn't argue about RB consistency outside of a few of the top guys either since almost everyone is in at least a somewhat timeshare now. If your league requires 2 RBs then depth is certainly an issue though, RB2 is a lot harder to fill than WR2.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying a lot of people feel like that still happens. And I certainly wouldn't argue about RB consistency outside of a few of the top guys either since almost everyone is in at least a somewhat timeshare now. If your league requires 2 RBs then depth is certainly an issue though, RB2 is a lot harder to fill than WR2.
This. This. This. TJ Yeldon is killing me lmfao.

But again, stacking WR has won me games. Also, Aaron Rodgers is a match-up proof stud.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeldon hasn't beenthatbad. Better than some of the other tier 2 RB's for sure. Guy in a league i'm in managed to get ODB and A. Brown, pretty much wrote that league off after the draft. People were doing some really dumb shit in the first/second round.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I'm benching him this week in favor of Karlos should McCoy not start. What do you guys think?

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I'm benching Hill for Karlos even if McCoy starts. Hill and Forsett both luxuriating in garbage cans this year has not made this a fun season.