Far Cry 4

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i finished it this weekend too (trades into best buy for $40 + 10% gcu bonus) and while I enjoyed it a lot, especially the pretty unique setting, it is pretty much "go do these fedex/kill quests for me, boy". The first 75% of the story was also really good, but the last 25% was pretty depressing and you feel sorta trapped into making just a series of horrible and terrible decisions. The last few villains were also poorly, poorly fleshed out.

pagan min is pretty awesome though, pretty much a crazier white omar. he really wasn't in the game enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If I buy this in store, does it give you a steam activation code or no? I want to get this on Steam but all new games at Best Buy are $45 for me. I r at a cross roads because if it hits the Christmas sale I doubt it'll be as cheap as that.

spronk

FPS noob
far cry 4 on pc is uplay i'm pretty sure so it doesn't really matter how you buy it, you get a uplay key and download it. it'll definitely be cheaper than $45, both nvidia and samsung SSD gave a free copy of the game as part of their bundles so you can find codes for it for $30 everywhere

ubi is still running its b1g1f offer on uplay games not really worth it for far cry 4 tho imo
Official Ubisoft Online Store

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
if it was uplay only then it couldn't be on Steam then, could it? Unless you meant the physical copies, which would make sense I suppose.

I guess I'll just wait for the Steam sale to see if it hits in a few weeks....Just didn't have anything to play and wanted to start.
frown.png

spronk

FPS noob
pretty sure the steam version just launches uplay, thats pretty standard for all the big ubi games. if you look at the store page if it says other DRM: uplay on the right side then it launches uplay. so far cry 4 does, whereas lara croft temple of osiris or south park are 100% steamworks and don't require uplay

disks don't mean shit nowadays, i got civ beyond earth for free recently from dell and its a steam game but i just tossed the discs (dunno what they even install) and typed the steam key in and it downloaded the game in a few minutes. Its a bit tough decoding whether a game is native to steam, origin, or uplay but pretty much all non-indie pc games live in one of those environments nowadays.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Oh well I just wanted it on Steam thus hadn't bought it. To be honest until you mentioned it, I forgot uplay was even a thing. Damn.

Alright well I'll just start searching cheapest prices for it I guess then.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Spronk!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just got an email about this that was dumb as fuck. "Welcome to Far Cry 4" , and the email talks about how Far Cry 4 is all bad ass, and get the Season pass now! Then you click the Learn More button, and it's all about I assume new Far Cry 5?

Ubisoft done fucked up!