Far Cry 4

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Bah, was hoping this would have out-of-the-box SLI support since it's basically on just a modified version of the Far Cry 3 engine, which had amazing SLI support and scaling.

No default SLI support, and forcing SLI through the Nvidia control panel = total shit. Actually makes the framerate worse at the moment.

I'm officially sick of SLI, back to a single card for me soon. Anyone want to buy a couple of 3GB 660Tis for cheap? In theory they benchmark faster than a 780Ti for gaming, if a game supports SLI correctly. :/

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Bah, was hoping this would have out-of-the-box SLI support since it's basically on just a modified version of the Far Cry 3 engine, which had amazing SLI support and scaling.

No default SLI support, and forcing SLI through the Nvidia control panel = total shit. Actually makes the framerate worse at the moment.

I'm officially sick of SLI, back to a single card for me soon. Anyone want to buy a couple of 3GB 660Tis for cheap? In theory they benchmark faster than a 780Ti for gaming, if a game supports SLI correctly. :/
Yeah, I gave up on SLI a few months ago. Pretty much every new release lacks support. I suppose it's an ok investment if you just buy games a few years later when they're on sale, but it's a cutting edge tech that doesn't work with cutting edge releases? ok!

Got one GTX 980 and not looking back
wink.png

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I got a couple of hours into the game last night and the world seems pretty damn big. Daunting, almost.

spronk

FPS noob
played through the prologue on ps4 today, seems like a great game. I haven't yet played FC2 or FC3, I did play FC1 but don't really remember anything other than "i went to an island and killed a lot of people and drove a boat". Probably swap a lot between this and GTA5 for the next 2 weeks and then trade FC4 off and rebuy it on PC later down the road, it sounds like the PC port is pretty good. I wish they had picked a different time to release like Jan or March, this is a packed month and I think its gonna hurt sales.

if anyone is on PSN and wants to try a demo just send me a msg (thediamondage) i can gift out 10 2-hour trials of the co-op game, dunno what exactly you get

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Goddamn buggy game. Started up and played fine for 2-3 hours, but now I crash every 5-10 minutes. Game just shuts down and says "Farcry 4 has stopped responding"

Post all over Ubisofts site with other people having this problem, and no known fixes :/

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i've died way more to animals than humans. i dunno how the fuck these people live, it is completely hilarious though when you see some poor villager killed by a pack of dogs or a rhino charge up a road smashing up cars. in the beginning I'd always rush to help people but now I just don't care and skip most of those karma events.

lovin the game but probably gonna trade it in soon, i feel like i am constantly distracted by side quests which in turn get distracted by more side quests. i do love the setting and stuff though, shangri la especially is very cool and interesting. gonna trade in so i can play gta 5, and return to far cry 4 next year when its got a GOTY with season pass. A far cry vet told me the stories are pretty much independent and you don't need to have played any of the previous FCs to get the story, and that seems true so far - I assumed a lot of the backstory (mom/dad) came from FC3 but I guess not, you get more of it as you progress in game.

oh for whoever PMd me about a demo key i'll add you next time I'm online, dunno how exactly it works though

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Fuck Rhinos. Emptied an entire 150 bullet inventory from my ak47 into a Rhino and it still wasn't dead. Had to run to town, buy more ammo to finish it off. Also had to use like 2 health packs. and I need 3 more for some crafting crap. Not worth it.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
They're entirely different stories, although Willis the CIA operative from FC 3 makes a brief return. He even calls Jason (FC 3 protagonist) a SoCal douchebag.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Completely agree on the Rhino. That thing is grade A ridiculous.

Playing this on the PS4, it looks stunning. Some of the environments are top notch. I am not too sure why people are griping about the story, I think it is fine so far. Although I just only recently took over my first camp. I need to get some of the crafting done. Also, the poker app on mobile? Completely awesome addicting fun, and I suggest everyone tries it. Plus you can cash out and earn cash for your Far Cry 4 game. It's like tetris meets poker.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
The graphics are great and so is the world but holy shit the game play is kind of sucky and the animal gimmick is just so over bearing.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Eh, I don't think the animals pose much of a threat. Rhinos can be tough to kill but they're not all that common.

My favorite combo has been the recurve bow and grenade launcher. Unfortunately, I just crossed into North Kyrat where it seems like every enemy can withstand a couple of arrows.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
This game is just ridiculously huge. I'm about 20 hours in and I haven't even seen at least half of the map, maybe more. This game is the Skyrim of FPS shooters.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What turned me off on FarCry3 was it seemed like the individual challenges of go here, kill this animal, go here, do this silly thing got really repetitive and it was hard for me to just skip it and move on. Is it pretty much the same with FarCry4?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
What turned me off on FarCry3 was it seemed like the individual challenges of go here, kill this animal, go here, do this silly thing got really repetitive and it was hard for me to just skip it and move on. Is it pretty much the same with FarCry4?
Yeah if you didn't like Far Cry 3, there isn't anything here that is much different aside from a new story, new landscapes, and some new weapons/vehicles. I loved Far Cry 3, so for me though, it's still a beautiful game and fun to play. They do have some changes in some of the questing.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I just finished it and while the scope of the world is amazing, it seems Ubisoft has no idea what to do with it other than filling it with a bunch of fairly pointless collectibles. Let's hope they can come up with something new for Far Cry 5, both 3 and 4 were just refining the concept for Far Cry 2 without adding a whole lot else.