Father beats up man found molesting his son

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Juries don't have much sympathy for kidnappers and kiddy rapists. Working as intended.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
vOqMG.gif

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Juries don't have much sympathy for kidnappers and kiddy rapists. Working as intended.
Yea, dangerous to rely on rabble rousing all the time... but in this case I'd say it's fairly cut and dry when A) dude's caught in the act and B) admits to doing it for 3 years. He could have ripped off the dudes head and shit down his neck and the jury would have let him off. And if there's one thing that's more important than justice to a DA, it's their win ratio!
rolleyes.png

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
If I were on the jury for something like this I wouldn't vote to convict regardless if he killed him or not.

Sad thing is in some states this guy might of gone to jail or been arrested and had to deal with a bunch of shit. Complete bull shit.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is a rather large difference between catching a perpetrator in your house and lying in wait at an airport.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
There is a rather large difference between catching a perpetrator in your house and lying in wait at an airport.
Yes. I would never convict someone that caught someone raping their kid if I was on their jury. It wouldn't matter what the guy did when he caught him. Ambushing him somewhere else is an entirely different story.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Article I read mentioned the guy was a family member, as well. So often it's someone you trust...

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure the dad could just claim temporary mental instability as a defense if he had to.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I would vote to convict lay-in-wait-at-airport guy. Wouldn't vote to convict catch-in-the-act guy.

iannis

Musty Nester
I would vote to convict lay-in-wait-at-airport guy. Wouldn't vote to convict catch-in-the-act guy.
Honestly, same here.

My initial response would be not to convict either of them. But they don't usually give you a 5 minute timeclock in the jury room. And after thinking about it for... 5 minutes... I'd at least like to think that I'd see the difference between revenge and a reaction to a situation in progress.

Though I would 100% understand why lay-in-wait guy did it, I couldn't in good conscience say he wasn't guilty of doinganythingwrong. And I'd pretty much expect the same treatment if I ever found myself in that hell. At that point, I imagine, you're long past giving a fuck.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sure the dad could just claim temporary mental instability as a defense if he had to.
You are allowed to use violence to defend somebody else, especially somebody who cannot defend themselves. He was protecting his son.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
God, 3 years that had been going on? That poor kid is in for a lot of therapy.

Good on the dad for laying into him like that, but I bet he still feels terrible for not realizing it was happening for so long. It's not even remotely his fault, but I know I'd be second guessing my own instincts an awful lot if I heard that.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Imagine if you will that you walked in on someone molesting your son. Imagine you beat them to within an inch of their life. Imagine you managed to stop yourself from killing them.

Everyday for the rest of your life you will live with the knowledge you nearly killed the man who molested your child.

What possible punishment is worst then living with the knowledge that you didn't finish the job?

I'm fairly straightforward on child molesters.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Same here, but then if asked to set the punishment for lay-in-wait-at-airport guy, I'd give the minimum sentence I could under the law.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Regardless of the right and wrong of these examples (vigilantism vs justice) - bottom line is we all know that this fucker is not going to make it in prison should the rest of the "normal" inmates get a hold of him.