Favorite fan made cinematics

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What kind of psychopath plays EQ in first person?

This was a masterpiece and reminds me of a few other vids that fit this thread.

This isn't quite a video, but instead a story with accompanying vids:

I've always thought Ben Drowned would be a really interesting premise for a game. Some kind of conventional, open-world RPG with a possessed spirit that interacts with you and changes behavior based on your choices in the game. To progress through the game you have to not only solve the conventional RPG but also discover more about the spirit.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Despite using in world graphics, a lot of the effects, closeups, etc were apparently touched up by the video maker, as well as a lot of things like the screenshakes, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
What kind of psychopath plays EQ in first person?

Way late on this comment, but I watched a friend play EQ for the first time ever during Kunark, and he played in first person. As I was still playing UO occasionally at that point, being able to play in first person intrigued me, so when I picked it up I did the same. I ended up trying to play in third person a couple years later, and couldn't do it. So the ten or so years I played EQ, it was all first person. I also did some absolutely fucking retarded control stuff that today I don't have any idea how it worked. I know for a fact that I didn't like WASD back then and used the actual arrow keys next to the numpad. Yeah, I don't know how the fuck I managed all that as an SK with a full complement of buttons to press, and towards the end having to do that while running in circles like a bitch during raids because we were masters of aggro. In first person!

I don't even have the "I was young and dumb" excuse, as I was fucking 30 when EQ came out :( I guess I hadn't played too many first person games on the computer before that, it was mostly on consoles, so I wasn't used to the control scheme yet.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Way late on this comment, but I watched a friend play EQ for the first time ever during Kunark, and he played in first person. As I was still playing UO occasionally at that point, being able to play in first person intrigued me, so when I picked it up I did the same. I ended up trying to play in third person a couple years later, and couldn't do it. So the ten or so years I played EQ, it was all first person. I also did some absolutely fucking retarded control stuff that today I don't have any idea how it worked. I know for a fact that I didn't like WASD back then and used the actual arrow keys next to the numpad. Yeah, I don't know how the fuck I managed all that as an SK with a full complement of buttons to press, and towards the end having to do that while running in circles like a bitch during raids because we were masters of aggro. In first person!

I don't even have the "I was young and dumb" excuse, as I was fucking 30 when EQ came out :( I guess I hadn't played too many first person games on the computer before that, it was mostly on consoles, so I wasn't used to the control scheme yet.
Also played EQ in first person, mostly. Sometimes the area was too tight to turn a quad kite comfortably, so I would temporarily switch to 3rd for that corner.