Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Speaking of pod chaining are you able to consistently perfect chain it on a phone or did you make a macro for it?

Seems like for me sometimes it perfectly chains and sometimes it wont. On both my phone and Nox, not really sure what I'm doing wrong.
I made a macro, but even with that, Pod chains are super finicky and seem to have about a 50% success rate on perfect chaining, which I can't figure out. Since using macros, I have a 100% success rate to perfect chain 2 Fryevia's, but even after tweaking the timing and testing a bunch on the training dummy, I can't figure out a timing that always perfect chains 2 pods.

Good news is that it's not too big of a deal, since even with a chain that breaks in the middle, it still goes to 15 hits x2, and that maxes out the chain for a finisher to cap it at +4x damage.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I made a macro, but even with that, Pod chains are super finicky and seem to have about a 50% success rate on perfect chaining, which I can't figure out. Since using macros, I have a 100% success rate to perfect chain 2 Fryevia's, but even after tweaking the timing and testing a bunch on the training dummy, I can't figure out a timing that always perfect chains 2 pods.

Good news is that it's not too big of a deal, since even with a chain that breaks in the middle, it still goes to 15 hits x2, and that maxes out the chain for a finisher to cap it at +4x damage.

Exactly the same situation here. Can't do it via macro or magnification trick. Was going to try the 10 man trial today but apparently I need to be inside the internet like Neo to connect to the game. I finished the story and the new event this morning but when I go to equip my 10 man team I get stuck trying to connect. Closing the app removes all the gear I put on them. Will try Nox when I get home.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It's almost like different units have different startup times and dw gaps or something.
That seems to be the problem, I haven't tried pods on two of the same unit yet, but that wouldn't matter much anyway since 10 man trials are where it matters most. I wonder if putting a bigger delay on starting the 2nd pod unit would help bridge the chains? It's something I'll spend some time on the training dummy playing with later tonight when I have more time in any case.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
The Rookie Missions were awesome for me. I discovered that I never actually went back and did all of the Siren's Tower missions. Hello 250 lapis :) I also found a few other random missions elsewhere that I missed. I'm guessing the Rookie Missions are one and done unless they reset them every month or few months.

Don't miss out on the moogle quests in the Farplane as well. Trust moogles and Rare Summon Tickets get! There is a long chain of quests from one moogle just outside the Mog Palace. Requires multiple explorations, but they are cheap nrg and easy. Very worthwhile.

Last edited:

GonzytheMage

It's almost like different units have different startup times and dw gaps or something.

No shit. Considering we have most of the units in the game we should be able to find some sort of commonality between them to ensure perfect chains.

Spark

Well, the game just took a shit on me again today after doing the fix Sinzar posted last night. Had to re-download everthing again. Hope that's the end of it because I'd really like to get some stuff done today.

Picked up Exdeath and Luka today and would like to get them leveled up and awakened a bit. I have Shantotto as my nuker for now....She's 4* level 57 with 239 magic atm but from what I read so far is that she's not really viable in the endgame because of her low hp? She'll work for now since I'm nowhere near end-game content but I'm assuming Exdeath will be a much better option to level up/awaken?

As for Luka, her healing power is pretty good but not on par with Tilith's for end-game, but still an excellent choice for someone who's been playing for less than 2 weeks, is that a correct assessment?

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Exdeath can evolve all the way to 6*, while Shantotto caps out at 5*. Neither is very relevant in todays end-game, but of the two I'd say Exdeath is better since on any fight that matters he won't die from a single hit. Exdeath is still extremely powerful in arena even today (my arena team runs 2x Exdeath).

Luka's one of the best healers if you don't have the limited healers like Tilith or Yshtola, especially after enhancing her. Ayaka's due out soon (maybe next week), and she's a great healer, but she's a rainbow unit, which means about 0.5% chance of pulling her during her banner. Up to you if you think she's worth chasing or not (never chase a rainbow if F2P is the general rule of thumb).

Last edited:

Spark

I doubt I'll be chasing anyone this early into the game. I'll just take what I get for now since I've got a long way to go.

Which items that you can trade star quartz for are must-have items? Everything I'm looking at is a pretty nice upgrade but I'm sure there are several items with extra abilities that I'm not seeing with the proper foresight.

Also, I have Veritas of the Earth.....Is he a decent tank and worth using at the beginner level?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I would say some key star quartz buys are: Cat Ear Hood, Man Eater, Genji Shield and/or Safety Bit
Veritas of the Earth is probably the second best non-rainbow tank behind WoL, very worth leveling

So I cleared the story mode. The ending reminded me a lot of FF4, which was a nice throwback. Reward is a +100% trust moogle, so everyone gets the TM of their choice for free when they finish up the campaign (if they have the TM unit at least). Got the Raven's Cloak too, which seems like a nifty item, giving +100% camouflage and another source of treasure hunter.

Minor spoiler question about the final boss:
When I fought the last boss, I took like 4-5 rounds to build up a LB bar so I could finish him with a LB for the mission, and every turn the boss did literally nothing but emote "gathering light". Was he bugged, or is he supposed to just sit and get pounded on until he dies? It was extremely anti-climatic.

GonzytheMage

I would say some key star quartz buys are: Cat Ear Hood, Man Eater, Genji Shield and/or Safety Bit
Veritas of the Earth is probably the second best non-rainbow tank behind WoL, very worth leveling

So I cleared the story mode. The ending reminded me a lot of FF4, which was a nice throwback. Reward is a +100% trust moogle, so everyone gets the TM of their choice for free when they finish up the campaign (if they have the TM unit at least). Got the Raven's Cloak too, which seems like a nifty item, giving +100% camouflage and another source of treasure hunter.

Minor spoiler question about the final boss:
When I fought the last boss, I took like 4-5 rounds to build up a LB bar so I could finish him with a LB for the mission, and every turn the boss did literally nothing but emote "gathering light". Was he bugged, or is he supposed to just sit and get pounded on until he dies? It was extremely anti-climatic.

Rerun Malboro and pretend he's the boss you are looking for =P

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
There's a few hidden or easily missed quests with this update for some nice stuff, so here's a few of them:

Raven's Cape -- After finishing every vault key, do this long questline for a great accessory

In the farplane, there's a few quests from moogles for summon tickets / trust moogles. After doing the obvious ones in the farplane, visit every single town in the game and find the hiding moogle (one per town) and send him back to the farplane (unmarked quest). Once every moogle has been sent home, a new quest will pop up in the farplane for another summon ticket. List of where each moogle is hiding Here.

GonzytheMage

Love this new trial. Can't seem to finish it off below 20% such a scramble to recoup mana get a break back up and get chainers going. I really hate everyone with Ace and even Delita.

I would assume I just need to swap units more intelligently and dps harder. Tried to fit Ling in but 30 mana isn't cutting it anymore. Ilias is getting the job done good enough.

Edit: Beat it with Refia, WoL, Wilhelm, Ilias, 9S, Victoria, Noctis, Onion Knight, FV, Marie

Basically I used Victoria to take him from 100-50 using a 9S LB every threshold. Brought the Pod Chainers in when the fruit spawned and AoE'ed them down.

Could not for the life of me get both fruits killed without pushing the boss sub 40%. I kept Ilias ready to go then brought him in to stabilize my tank crew. Prepped Ilias then brought my chainers in after the mana drain, gave them mana and chained for two rounds then swapped the tank crew back in for the drain. Repeat three or four time and I won.

Took alot longer than 20 rounds as you could imagine but that was a very satisfying encounter.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
I swapped my lead out earlier today from Fryevia to Veritas of the Dark. Lots of you guys use Fryevia but mine is just way behind number wise (I've still yet to pull a single Ingus) so I have no idea when she might actually be of use to any of you I've friended. My DV is pretty stout at this point and I think he's supposed to chain well with Fryevia and Orlandeaus so maybe he'll be more helpful :p

Tiphares

Golden Squire
In the farplane, there's a few quests from moogles for summon tickets / trust moogles. After doing the obvious ones in the farplane, visit every single town in the game and find the hiding moogle (one per town) and send him back to the farplane (unmarked quest). Once every moogle has been sent home, a new quest will pop up in the farplane for another summon ticket. List of where each moogle is hiding [bcolor=rgb(24, 24, 24)]Here[/bcolor].
Thanks. I forgot to go look for more after I found the farplane one. I am done with the Autumn Moon event. Got the mace and both materia. I am not a fan of the timed run. Now to finish the story. Not sure who is getting the trust moogle yet.

GonzytheMage

I swapped my lead out earlier today from Fryevia to Veritas of the Dark. Lots of you guys use Fryevia but mine is just way behind number wise (I've still yet to pull a single Ingus) so I have no idea when she might actually be of use to any of you I've friended. My DV is pretty stout at this point and I think he's supposed to chain well with Fryevia and Orlandeaus so maybe he'll be more helpful :p

Just don't be an ass and put Fryevia up without dual wield. You're right though put your strongest unit forward and DV chains with Orlandu and enhanced Agrias so anyone running those units will benefit more.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Just don't be an ass and put Fryevia up without dual wield.
It's especially bad on Fryevia, because you can't really tell at a glance on the friend select window if she's DW or not because her singlewield passive gives her deceptively high magic.

I wonder when they eventually enhance Fryevia if they're going to try to push her singlewield passive, or admit that she needs DW and pretend her singlewield passive doesn't exist.

Molten Core Raider
Hell I've only had dual wield for a week or two now :p Im still working on a lot of the basic TMs and I just finished Light Veritas, Ludmille, and Gaffgarion over the weekend. I'm really starved for good magic TMs atm, hell I was working up a Shantotto just for the 30% magic boost. The Light Veritas TM was a nice bump but without a few Letters and Arms Fryevia's gonna be behind my DV for a while I think.