Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Lots of tips and tricks for those just starting out. Looking at you Rengak.
Awakening units to 6 stars gets much easier with time when you have a good chunk of materials saved up. FFBE basically has two levels 1 and 100 so awakening any units you intend on using long term is a must.

The only exception to this is when a unit has a desirable Limit Break. Then it's nice to level up their LB using LB pots before awakening to the next rarity. It just takes less experience to level the LB at lower rarity levels. But each rarity increases the LB max level by 5, so you can only save so much time this way. Also, don't hold back awakening a unit if they are critical to your advancing through content. It's not worth leveling an LB if you are stuck without a decent team.

King mog events are the best place for materials, but lots of story events and the new rookie quests drop them as well. Prismatic horns and rainbow blossoms seem to be consumed at a greater rate than the other materials so if you have to choose try to stock up on those a bit more, but make sure you have at least around 30 in each first.

As for character priority... 5 star chainers are best, which you have already. Next is a good tank [Warrior of Light or Veritas of the Earth] and healer [Ayaka]. Then some support. Support characters to look for are anyone who can handle damage reductions [the veritas brothers, rikku, ect.], stat buffs [Fire Veritas], stat breaks [Warrior of Light, Orlandeau], elemental protections[ Marie, Orran], elemental imperils[Ace or most good chaining skills have one baked in] and mana battery duty[Ace, Ilas, Bran]. Ayaka can refresh everyone elses mana, but it costs her 99mp per whack, so she will run dry rather quickly doing that and healing. Mana regen helps a lot for really long trial bosses mostly and getting the "no item" rewards from them.

As Gonzy said, pick your best chaining character and work on them slot by slot to gain the most benefit for the least investment. For Orlandeau, priority #1 is a source of dual wield. That's either Zidane's TMR or Gilgamesh at this point. #2 is getting an Excalibur. You should be able to use some FOH friendship power to clear a the Trials to just before Gilgamesh. That will net you some demon mail. If you ask someone might be able to equip a a carry to get you through Beasts of the dark. That would get you ifrit claw and large sword mastery. After that, double back and grind your way through the Gilgamesh fight. Ayaka and WoL will make that a breeze. Just make sure warrior of light has reraise, light is with us and used brave presence right before you pass one of the threasholds. It completely nullifies all of the attacks without missing a beat. Look up the whole elemental sealing thing though. The only tricky one is lightning. That will net you an atk +30% and the Genji Blade. Between all that you will have like 6 slots taken care of with really decent gear.

Plowing ahead through the story in between events is a must to the leveling ups. Also, while you are grinding through make sure to complete the Vault quests so you can get your apocalypse great sword if the excalibur is proving to be elusive.

The other thing to focus on is getting good at chaining. Orlandeau is great because you can chain him without any assistance. Some chainers need macros to hit perfect chains consistently. Anyways best tip there, place Your Orlandeau in slot 3 in the party screen, this will place him right next to the friend orlandeau/ dv/ agrias you bring along in spot 6. Then select divine ruination with the first Orlandeau, when you select divine ruination with the second Orlandeau pause right before selecting the skill. Once you select the skill the screen transitions back to the character select menu of the battle where you activate the skills. This transition creates a small amount of delay, where you can tap on two characters immediately after selecting a skill and both of the selected skills happen simultaneously, if you are fairly quick. This is not so important until you get dual wield. Chaining single cast Divine Ruinations is fairly simple, its when both Orlandeaus are dual wielding, trying to get the perfect 27 hit chain becomes a bit trickier and the above tip comes into play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinen

God is dead
172,367,558 is mine. Have Ayaka up right now for shits. I have like 10 slots open now since I haven't been macroing events recently and have let my list shrink. (I boot people after 5 or so days of not playing).

Normally have BIS Fry or near BIS DV/Oldman up. (I didn't pull Prishe so no more BIS ATK based units)

Molten Core Raider
Sent you both invites. Ill have Fryevia back as my lead in another week or so when I finish a couple Letters and Arms, til then Dark Veritas is at the wheel.

My ID is 473,189,065 if any newer players want to add me. I'm not as well decked out as most folks are here, but the more FoH friends the merrier.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
My friend ID is 302,363,072 -- try to have FoH somewhere in your player comment so I know to accept the request.

My lead is also usually Fryevia with almost BIS, though I may swap it to Trance Terra after her enhancements.

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
Added you guys. I have Oldman as my lead for another week or so while I finish the TMs for my Fryevia.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
391,651,396 is my code

Currently have a 999 atk Orlandeau with Excalibur finally.

I started about 3 months ago so I am not as flexible with my friend offerings as some of the other players here.

I wish they had a friend party with its own equipment profile just like the arena teams. Then people could pick a character from your team of 5 for their friend slot.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Wow, I didn't realize I didn't have so many of you on my friends list, that was a lot of incoming requests! Anyhow, I made room and accepted everyone.

I went ahead and moogled up a Sorcery sword, so now my Fryevia is only like 10 mag from truly BIS !

I wish they had a friend party with its own equipment profile just like the arena teams. Then people could pick a character from your team of 5 for their friend slot.
This would be amazing. Brave Frontier patched in a global exclusive system very similar to this eventually (you could set 3 different companion leads and your friends could pick any of the 3 when they brought you on a quest). Global exclusive addition eventually? We can hope.

Last edited:

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm

I'm about 3 weeks into the game so my lineup is pretty crappy but I'm working hard every day. I'm happy to add anyone here regardless of rank.

Sinzar and Nyx, you both have full friends lists.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Not sure how many i am missing from here but i have slots open now. I usually have Orlandeau or Fryevia available. Both around 1k of their best stat.

Vinen

God is dead
Accepted a bunch I assume from here as they had FOH or similar in their comment. Still have a few slots.

Vinen

God is dead
For anyone new and interested in being in a chat channel. Here is the Reddit FFBE subreddit discord channel.

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

I'm here the majority of the day so if you have any questions feel free to login and reach out to me directly. As a FYI try and avoid asking newb questions in the global-discussion channel. Many of the residents (myself included) can be complete dicks at times.