Final Fantasy I-VI Pixel Remaster Series

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So, I Leaped on a mob called Valeor and he is maybe better than stray cat. His regular attack procs maybe 1 out of 3 attempts, which is a modest physical slashing attack and he also casts silence, but his main move is a multi stone throw that hits for 5-7k. He seems to be a rare spawn, as I havent seen it again and I have fought at least 80 encounters on the Veldt after. He looks like the unseelie mob just brown.

Hero Ring and Sniper scope (or sniper eye?) makes it so it cant miss, and its just filthy. I also grabbed Templar and Corporal, and grabbed both of the dogs (Fido and Don), Mammoth and the Chimera and Beairus mobs. Gau is just out of control now and the game is mostly trivial.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m working my way through ff3(pixie remaster) and it is so much better than 2!
the jobs are cool and of course I like playing the strange gimp ones.

I do find myself keeping a walkthrough open so I don’t miss the missable shit, not sure how I feel about that as I miss just playing a game. My fault obviously as I don’t have to use the guide, but the completionist in me can’t resist.

I am really happy with the ff 1-6 pack so far and with steam stream it plays awesome on my iPad while in bed so I don’t have to sit at the pc. Almost makes me want a steam deck!

I mentioned before but the only ones I played growing up were 1 and 7 so I’m looking forward to some of the more advanced ones 7+. Is there less kissable shit as the series moves on?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I mentioned before but the only ones I played growing up were 1 and 7 so I’m looking forward to some of the more advanced ones 7+. Is there less kissable shit as the series moves on?
Not really. Rydia, Terra, Celes, Rosa. There’s more kissable shit the more you progress.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ff6 has the most missable stuff I think and early in the game too.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So, I Leaped on a mob called Valeor and he is maybe better than stray cat. His regular attack procs maybe 1 out of 3 attempts, which is a modest physical slashing attack and he also casts silence, but his main move is a multi stone throw that hits for 5-7k. He seems to be a rare spawn, as I havent seen it again and I have fought at least 80 encounters on the Veldt after. He looks like the unseelie mob just brown.

Hero Ring and Sniper scope (or sniper eye?) makes it so it cant miss, and its just filthy. I also grabbed Templar and Corporal, and grabbed both of the dogs (Fido and Don), Mammoth and the Chimera and Beairus mobs. Gau is just out of control now and the game is mostly trivial.

Sounds about right... this latest FF6 for me was Gau soloing everything while Mog fell on his face and Setzer tried to kill everyone.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I’m working my way through ff3(pixie remaster) and it is so much better than 2!
the jobs are cool and of course I like playing the strange gimp ones.

I do find myself keeping a walkthrough open so I don’t miss the missable shit, not sure how I feel about that as I miss just playing a game. My fault obviously as I don’t have to use the guide, but the completionist in me can’t resist.

I am really happy with the ff 1-6 pack so far and with steam stream it plays awesome on my iPad while in bed so I don’t have to sit at the pc. Almost makes me want a steam deck!

Missable levels go up as the PRs (1-6) go on. 5 and 6 easily have the most since their worlds are split into 3 and 2 parts respectively and the old parts get locked off.

If you go back in the thread I think I made some lists of missable stuff at some point. FF2 just has a little bit and FF1 had none which is nice.

FF5 was the biggest chore for missables IIRC. FF6 was fine cause I try to do everything in that anyway.

FF7 and 8 plats look fairly easy and don't seem to really have any missables outside of like, the Barret Gold Saucer date and maybe Great Gospel. FF9 and 10 are total beasts to platinum and I haven't even considered doing them yet. Those two are probably harder than 1-8 put together. So if you're doing the whole series you'll be in for it later. X-2 is also quite bad. Not sure about 12. The 13 trilogy I did plat and had fun with all 3. The plat adds a lot to FF13 in particular because it makes the lategame open world become like 60% of the overall game instead of the 10% it is on a regular run. No clue about 15.

If the missable-hunting becomes a chore, don't feel bad about just playing these normally and getting plats on a replay later. Since they're first-time plays, a normal play might serve you better.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good to know and thanks. I did find some missable, non-spoiler guides which help but still feels like keeping them open while I play. Maybe I just give up on the 100% shit

Super looking forward to the later series as well. I play ff14 casually so it’s nice to finally see where some of the raids and backstories come from!

Jozu

I never understood the 100% mindset. When I play through games I live in the moment and just play through whatever circumstances I am facing, even if missing a certain item is causing me to struggle. It makes finding awesome/useful items more gratifying when you do come across them, and makes the playthrough more organic.

There are some items that are just too useful to go without, and in those cases yeah, ill look up a guide or whatever.

The Valeor mob is a great example of this, as I just randomly decided to leap, not knowing the mobs actual worth. Then finding out he can hit multiple enemies at once for 4-7k was hilarious and satisfying.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not really. Rydia, Terra, Celes, Rosa. There’s more kissable shit the more you progress.

I think Adult Rydia is probably the most kissable of that group.

I mean if going by artwork/CGI cutscenes Maria in FF2 is basically a human lollipop and nobody can compete with her. I think Rydia is a close second. Also really dig Terra. For some reason Celes and Rosa both never did much for me visually in any of the artwork. Going by ingame visuals Aerith and Tifa in FF7R are probably tied for tops.

Outside of FF7R, secret hottest FF character (ingame) might be Lebreau in FF13. She's in the game for like 20 minutes, then has a bigger part in FF13-2. She's basically the Maria of the late 3D FFs, really too bad she is a guest character rather than a permanent one.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think Adult Rydia is probably the most kissable of that group.

I mean if going by artwork/CGI cutscenes Maria in FF2 is basically a human lollipop and nobody can compete with her. I think Rydia is a close second. Also really dig Terra. For some reason Celes and Rosa both never did much for me visually in any of the artwork. Going by ingame visuals Aerith and Tifa in FF7R are probably tied for tops.

Outside of FF7R, secret hottest FF character (ingame) might be Lebreau in FF13. She's in the game for like 20 minutes, then has a bigger part in FF13-2. She's basically the Maria of the late 3D FFs, really too bad she is a guest character rather than a permanent one.
When was the last time you had sex with another person?

• 5Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Jozu

Lol My man. Who cares.

I think kissable is a new legendary typo that is now a thing.

Think about it, your talking top tier hot, not FUCKABLE, as in you would probably have sex with her, but NOT KISS her. There have been plenty women I scraped that I wouldnt kiss. So kissable is like maximum hotness, where the girl is not only worthy of being banged, but kissed!

• 3Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm gonna have to hard skip this kissable discussion of video game waiyfus

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Are there any soft skips for FF4 3D?

Also how kissable is Yang's Wife? Not many women are so loyal that they'd give your friends a frying pan to beat you over the head with when you're in a coma.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not very kissable but probably lots of snu snu

1685122828342.png

• 1Worf

Jozu

Talking about kissable, i thought it was pretty rad how Sabin was encouraging Cyan to get some action from a bar wench literally hours after the death of his wife and children.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Talking about kissable, i thought it was pretty rad how Sabin was encouraging Cyan to get some action from a bar wench literally hours after the death of his wife and children.
Bros will always have your back.