Final Fantasy I-VI Pixel Remaster Series

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
All this marathoning and you still haven't touched the greatest FF game of all time.

Depressing.

I've played almost all of them though.

FFs I haven't played yet:

FF14
FF11
FF Crystal Chronicles
FF4: After Years 3D

Which of those is the greatest of all time?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

FF14
FF11
FF Crystal Chronicles

ff14shb.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

FF14
FF11
FF Crystal Chronicles

How anyone can be this big of a final fantasy fan, and have not played the greatest final fantasy ever made, let alone the best fantasy story in a video game ever, is amazing.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
God dammit faggots, name the game! I'm not an FF connoisseur like some of you, despite having played the shit out of FF1-7.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
God dammit faggots, name the game! I'm not an FF connoisseur like some of you, despite having played the shit out of FF1-7.

It's like being married to a woman for 20 years "I shouldn't have to tell you! You should just know!"

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
It's like being married to a woman for 20 years "I shouldn't have to tell you! You should just know!"

I've been trying to decide if I should finally take a look at 13 and/or 15, and maybe 16 when it comes out. I've been enjoying the discourse in this thread to help inform me, but this is annoying.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Hmm. I played some FFXI when it came out and loved it, but it proved to be nigh unplayable without a good static group to play with and I couldn't convince my friends to stick with it.

What is the prospect of good people to group with in FFXIV? I'm not really interested in soloing since the coolest part of FFXI was the group combat combo mechanics, assuming they kept stuff like that in 14.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hmm. I played some FFXI when it came out and loved it, but it proved to be nigh unplayable without a good static group to play with and I couldn't convince my friends to stick with it.

What is the prospect of good people to group with in FFXIV? I'm not really interested in soloing since the coolest part of FFXI was the group combat combo mechanics, assuming they kept stuff like that in 14.
bleaaaaaaaah.

The way FF14 is set up is simultaneously it's biggest strength and biggest flaw. You can't just jump in and start playing, you have to chew your way through all of A Realm Reborn, Heavensward, and Stormblood before you get to start on Shadowbringers. You can buy story skips but that would destroy what made Shadowbringers so memorable, like if Infinity War came out without 10 years of building up the MCU first but beyond even that because they plainly didn't have all this planned out at the start but Ishikawa takes all these disparate threads from the previous three expansions and weaves them together into a fantastic overarching story.

You don't need a static group for anything in FF14 except the highest difficulty optional content. FF11 was more in the old school Everquest style of MMOs wasn't it? FF14 is very much a contemporary design with a story (main scenario quests) that will provide more than enough xp to keep you from having to grind to level your primary job, and there's an xp bonus when you're still working your way through old content so you can keep two or even three jobs leveled at once.

but god damn ARR is a fucking slog, even with all the work they've done over the years to slim it down and speed it up. A Realm Reborn is like the first two seasons of Deep Space Nine.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
bleaaaaaaaah.

The way FF14 is set up is simultaneously it's biggest strength and biggest flaw. You can't just jump in and start playing, you have to chew your way through all of A Realm Reborn, Heavensward, and Stormblood before you get to start on Shadowbringers. You can buy story skips but that would destroy what made Shadowbringers so memorable, like if Infinity War came out without 10 years of building up the MCU first but beyond even that because they plainly didn't have all this planned out at the start but Ishikawa takes all these disparate threads from the previous three expansions and weaves them together into a fantastic overarching story.

You don't need a static group for anything in FF14 except the highest difficulty optional content. FF11 was more in the old school Everquest style of MMOs wasn't it? FF14 is very much a contemporary design with a story (main scenario quests) that will provide more than enough xp to keep you from having to grind to level your primary job, and there's an xp bonus when you're still working your way through old content so you can keep two or even three jobs leveled at once.

but god damn ARR is a fucking slog, even with all the work they've done over the years to slim it down and speed it up. A Realm Reborn is like the first two seasons of Deep Space Nine.

Hmm, intriguing. Is it best played on PC or Playstation?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Hmm, intriguing. Is it best played on PC or Playstation?

PC is better, we also have a small FC on Gilgamesh that can put up buffs for you and answer any questions you might have.

Sadly I think Gilgamesh might be locked down AGAIN since the patch just came out and everyone is playing.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
PC is better, we also have a small FC on Gilgamesh that can put up buffs for you and answer any questions you might have.

Sadly I think Gilgamesh might be locked down AGAIN since the patch just came out and everyone is playing.
Yes! Join us on Gilgamesh if you can!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've been trying to decide if I should finally take a look at 13 and/or 15, and maybe 16 when it comes out. I've been enjoying the discourse in this thread to help inform me, but this is annoying.
Dude 13 is a pile of shit with extremely annoying characters that make it very hard to play. 15 is a pile of shit with bros.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dude 13 is a pile of shit with extremely annoying characters that make it very hard to play. 15 is a pile of shit with bros.

And they can't compete with a soundtrack that bangs like this!

• 3Solidarity

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Good to know. Is 16 looking any good to you FF experts? I haven't tried one of the games with the full action combat yet but just the concept rustles my jimmies. Wondering if it will be worthwhile to try out.

Siliconemelons

Good to know. Is 16 looking any good to you FF experts? I haven't tried one of the games with the full action combat yet but just the concept rustles my jimmies. Wondering if it will be worthwhile to try out.
If you liked FF8 you will love everything released in the past decade.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Never really played 8 much, the draw system turned me off so that started my distancing from the series. Loved 1, 4, 6, and 7 as a kid/teen.
If you liked the SNES era you will hate everything released in the past decade.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Rustled

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The only thing I remember about FF 13 was the entire first half of the game being on literal rails. What a terrible game.