Trakanon Raider
Right now but m running the following:

Tyro: Wall
OK: Haste and Blwback for heals
Alphinaud: Reflect damage into BSB
Eiko: BSB
Aerith: BSB
RW: Edge

I only have one native source of Last Stand and that's Minfilia who conflicts with Alphinaud.

If I had Vanille's BSB native I really think he would be more doable for me.

I can consistently get him to about 40% when I just lose control. My healers can't keep up at that point.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Two Last Stand is not enough, you can't beat it that way. I think people RWing Edge also had a native source. I must have used 4-5 Last Stands, always one in P2 and the rest in P3.

However two Reflective Sheild is enough. I used three Reflective Sheild but most I saw on reddit where using Alphinaud RWs. Swap Alphinaud with your Minfilia and RW Alphinaud.

Two BSB healers is enough if they have Knights Charge and Lionheart RMs. I actually had to farm with Squall to get Lionheart after a year+ of not having it.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Whats the best way to step RMs?

Right now I'm doing
Tyro: Mako Might for Wall right away
OK: Ace Striker
Alphinaud: Battleforged
Eiko: Dr. Mogs
Aerith: Knights Charge

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Whats the best way to step RMs?

Right now I'm doing
Tyro: Mako Might for Wall right away
OK: Ace Striker
Alphinaud: Battleforged
Eiko: Dr. Mogs
Aerith: Knights Charge

Lionheart is going to be better for SB building than Ace Striker or Battleforged, since Nemesis is so quick. Otherwise it looks right.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Looks about right but Lionheart is the best SB RM because you take so many hits.

Your issue is going to be starting without AoE Haste since you need a Medica+Wall at the start and need to RW Alphinaud. Do you have a medica+haste like Eiko's SB? I actually dropped Onion Knight for Eiko's haste SB. I wonder if MBlink/Haste or Res/Haste (Garnet) could work too.

Another thing I noticed was most clears on reddit using a support with stackable attack/magic debuffs, usually Vaan I think and some Faris. I was in the minority doing it 100% tank.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Great! Now you need to learn phase 3, took me a good few tries after 10% getting more skilled with my rotations and proper healing.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Wiped under 10%.

I really wish I had Vanille's BSB. I think he'd be dead if I did.

Right now I just S/L until I get a good start with gauges. It's critical that I get my buffs up and Eiko's BSB casting just after the second power up. The first minute or so is all about stabilization until I get OKs BSB going. After that I hit Deployment Tactics and start to work him down.

Chris

Potato del Grande
What's your team? I did a few tiny changes which helped, like swapping Power Break for Lifesiphon. Or farming Squall's RM2.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Tyro: Wrath and Power Breakdown - SB Wall and Keepers Tome
OK: Full Break and Magic Breakdown - Blowback (damage and heal) ands BSB haste
Minfilia: Lifesiphon and Protectga - Last Stand spam
Eiko: Memento of Prayer - BSB heal
Aerith: Shellga - BSB heal

Tyro and Eiko start with SB gauges. Everyone else uses a combination of Knights Charge, Lionheart and Ace Striker for generation.

Eiko starts with Memento and then casts her BSB. Tyro starts with Wall and then Power Breakdown. Minfilia starts with Protectga and then focuses on SB generation. OK and Aerith start with mitigation and the soak damage for SB generation into their BSBs.

My team is essentially locked. I only have Aerith's and Eiko's BSBs so they are mandatory. Minfilia is my only source of Last Stand. Tyro is required for Wall and then alternating with his BSB. OK for haste and blowback to help with healing.

Eiko's USB or Vanille's BSB would be great but I don't have the Mythril to pull on banner 5 again. I dropped my last 100 when it landed and scored Jecht's BSB and Y'shtola's SSB (a dupe). Going back to back 1 / 11 with a dupe hurt.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Looks similar to what I was doing. Here are some of the tweaks I made:

Give one of the healers Haste, if a slow hits through your slow resist accessories, you can fix it without having to recast Onion BSB which will hopefully free up some SB casts for the damage/heal.

Swap Wrath for Lifesiphon on Tyro, it's a bit of extra damage. I never really had trouble with Counter Ultima unless it cast with someone on 1hp.

You can drop Power Breakdown. His physical attack isn't threatening compared to everything else (was under 1k damage for me). Give Tyro Full Break and give Onion Knight a Lifesiphon. You also deal marginally more damage via Reflective Shield if you take more (but manageable) damage.

I'd go Lionheart on Minfilla (can build SB even if waiting to time Last Stand), Knight's Charge on Aeris and Ace Striker on Onion Knight (self instant cast on BSB means he'll attack the most).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Shitty lucky draw for me. 2/11, dupe Minfillia SSB shield and a new Yda's SSB fist, which will probably never see use, even during CM's. I want my mithril back...

Been using all energy on summon orb dungeon since they re-opened without seeing a single major summon drop. It's just not my week!

Healthfood

Golden Squire
3 / 11, OK Sword #3 (First 8* weapon!), Ashe OSB (first too! though not too great without her BSB) and random Thancred SSB gloves.

Angel - hang in there! Phase 3 is about spamming all your stored SB charges. I'd recommend slowing Phase 1 down to build more charge - maybe hold back on deployment tactic until your guys have ~2 charges of SB Gauge? P1 is pretty light weight compared to the rest so you can slowly wittle his HP down until you're ready for the more taxing later phases. Having 3 charges of guts for spamming it may change the tides.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure if I'll get my name on the wall but...

IMG_0076.PNG

Vaan's BSB is godly. Once I got it up I never lost it and still spammed 4 ark blasts in P3. Bahamut was hitting for 15k with aetherflow refilling it as needed. RW was Edge.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I have about as perfect of a team for this Tactics torment cid mission that could be hoped for, so it went smoothly for me. Setup I used:

Roaming Warrior: TG Cid OSB
[xtable=skin4|600x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Unit{/td}
{td}Skill1{/td}
{td}Skill2{/td}
{td}Soulbreak{/td}
{td}Record Materia{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}TG Cid{/td}
{td}Lifesiphon{/td}
{td}Gaia's Cross{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}Lionheart{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Agrias{/td}
{td}Lifesiphon{/td}
{td}Shellga{/td}
{td}Cleansing Strike (-50% atk/mag){/td}
{td}Knight's Charge{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Mustadio{/td}
{td}Magic Breakdown{/td}
{td}Blind Shell{/td}
{td}Leg Shot (AoE 100% Slow){/td}
{td}Battleforged{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ramza{/td}
{td}Affliction Break r2{/td}
{td}Fullbreak{/td}
{td}Shout{/td}
{td}Ace Striker{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ovelia{/td}
{td}Curaja{/td}
{td}Protectga{/td}
{td}Magic Blink Medica{/td}
{td}+20% Def/Res{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
For trash, Cid used Gaia's Cross to tank and build gauge, then used his BSB for some extra free damage. Everyone else just normal attacked to save hones. Before final round I rebuffed everyone and went in.

Cid called in the roaming warrior mostly for thunder god mode (I don't have a native OSB), then he used his native BSB for dps. Mustadio's aoe auto-slow soulbreak was super clutch to keep the incoming damage from the small demons to a minimum. Ramza used affliction break to prevent all status effects from the main boss, and I kept the main boss fully debuffed with blind and Agrias's stacking soulbreak debuffs.

I focus fired down all three small demons before pushing the main boss into his weak phase. Maybe I could have bursted down the boss, but reddit made it sound like the small guys can rape face, so I took it safe and killed them all before starting on the big guy. Once all adds were dead, the main guy wasn't much issue, especially with a magic blink medica. Every status from the boss missed thanks to affliction break.

My first torment CM complete! Now I'm off to try my hand at D250's.

Video: Tactics Torment CM

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Mastered the D250 also, but it took a few tries and a team rebuild to pull it off. Team:

Roaming Warrior: Tyro USB
[xtable=skin4|600x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Unit{/td}
{td}Skill1{/td}
{td}Skill2{/td}
{td}Soulbreak{/td}
{td}Record Materia{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Beatrix{/td}
{td}Gaia's Cross{/td}
{td}Protectga{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}Lionheart{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Vaan{/td}
{td}Lifesiphon{/td}
{td}Lifesiphon{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}+30% Damage{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Tyro{/td}
{td}Power Breakdown Dance{/td}
{td}Magic Breakdown Dance{/td}
{td}Wall{/td}
{td}Knight's Charge{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ramza{/td}
{td}Affliction Break r2{/td}
{td}Fullbreak{/td}
{td}Shout, BSB{/td}
{td}Ace Striker{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Yshtola{/td}
{td}Curaja{/td}
{td}Wrath{/td}
{td}Aetherial Pulse, BSB{/td}
{td}Battleforged{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Video: D250 Tactics Belias Torment

My first attempt was a loss because Belias landed a petrify on Beatrix even through affliction break, so I took a Tyro USB RW for guaranteed status immunity on the final phase, which worked out excellent. I did the same basic strat as my CM run: focus fire down the small demons before working on the big boss.

This was my first D250, so maybe they're all this long, but I kind of felt like my dps was really bad. Not sure if I went overboard on defenses, or if that's just to be expected on D250's. I'll also be super glad when Wall finally gets phased out of endgame fights. I'm tired of slotting in terrible Tyro just so he can cast wall then basically twiddle his thumbs the rest of the encounter. Maybe on long torments like these Yshtola could do wall duty as well, but I'm already having her solo heal + handle shell/prot/regen with her SSB, so I don't think she can really fit in wall duty on top of that.

I wanted to go work on some older torment CM's and D250's, but they don't seem to be open? Wonder what's up with that. Guess it's back to the summoner orb fest. 8 greater summon orbs away from Bahamut r4!

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Got theFFT D200 CM. I crafted and honed Aegis strike and it was pretty damn useful, 4 uses + Gafgarion's BSB attack was just enough to kill the small demons with a few extra attacks, we get the motes anyway so I would recommend anyone to use it since you can't use summoners here. Working on the other torments now... man they are taking a toll on my wisdom and vitality motes :(.

Edit: FF7 down! Deployment Tactics so good for these, if you have native hastega. Will try X and V a bit later, they really take a while.