Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Tyro doesn't get enough love in general. even if you don't have SG he's still extremely useful. i've often had him and Y'shtola standing right next to each other in my lineup.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I know Chris thinks otherwise but I'm still of the opinion that Sentinel Grimoire on Tyro is better than Thyrus. Here's why: Y'shtola is a White Mage and cannot really be anything else. Tyro can do everything but his stats suck. However that's fine for a Support character (like Sazh, Wakka, Or Setzer) because all of their stats suck. You bring them for Breakdowns and their SB and not for raw damage output. Tyro can do that just fine and still do respectable damage since he can equip anything. He's also useful why you need really weird ability combinations for Mastery.

Now a lot of people think alike where they have Thyrus so they want to grab her Robe for the group heal. The problem is that both SBs tend to be one or the other. Wall's duration is short enough that it tends to need refreshing as soon as the gauge refills. That doesn't leave a lot of room for the group heal.

With that said Thyrus is, obviously, top tier and should be pulled for if you lack it. I just prefer Sentinel Grimoire since it's much more versatile and I can have access to a group heal without worrying about balancing it with Wall. And for me Yuna is simply my favorite FF character so I tend to use her above all other white mages (thank God I got her Lullaby Rod so I can do this without sacrificing for her).
Ok, how do you guys level all of these tertiary characters? I've got my main party all at 50+ (fuck you aerith memory crystal), but it's a pain in the ass to try and level others (and really slow).

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Thyrus on the first celebration banner is clearly the best, if you have it go for Golem Flute.

Healers Robe on the beginners banner is best if you don't have an AoE heal. Air Knife has a medium sap proc bosses are never immune to, so Bartz can "poison" bosses - FF5 has the first Misfortune fight too and is generally a higher difficulty realm. If you have that go for realm synergy or Luneth's Dismissal proc sword.

Enhancer makes a suboptimal build better, just don't put breakdowns on Terra and use a rod instead!
Enhancer is a rod for anyone who can use it. The attack stats are meaningless. It's one of the only BLM items on the banner.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Ok, how do you guys level all of these tertiary characters? I've got my main party all at 50+ (fuck you aerith memory crystal), but it's a pain in the ass to try and level others (and really slow).
The Sunday daily is "leg day." Never skip leg day. A new player can (and should) skip other dailies to focus on clearing dungeons for stamina and clearing events but never skip Sunday. It's very rare for me to spend stamina elsewhere on Sundays. 99,000 experience per wave (divide that by 5 characters) and 5 Growth Eggs for completing the last version of it and you level like crazy. It's worth noting that the + difficulty is actually a LOT easier than the Heroic version. It's worth pushing through and doing whatever it takes to beat the Heroic version one time just to open up the + version. Other than that we've had two events with increased experience: Festival of Gold WAY back in the day and Orbfest (also a Festival of Gold) a month or so ago. Again you run these over most other events because the rewards are better than almost anything else for established players.

Different people have different advice but, personally, my recommendation is to put together an A-Team and get them to 65 first. Character Synergy is much less impactful than Weapon Synergy (Cloud getting 10 extra levels in a VII realm isn't as strong as having his Buster Sword gaining synergy from being in a VII realm). Once you have that team all at the level cap you can focus on others.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the next Orbfest is happening very soon btw, for you new guys. when it opens, focus all your stamina into it. its absurd how much you'll progress through the duration of the fest.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Man I am so indecisive about my Mythril right now. I've gone from planning 150 to 200 Mythril on SSB Celebration to spending 0 and everywhere in between... My biggest needs right now are a Universal BLM weapon (i.e. a Rod) and Physical weapons.

Banner 1: I don't need Thyrus so that's not a concern. It's a Mage Banner. I really need a solid BLM weapon but I need one that is more universal which this banner doesn't have. The BLM weapons are thrown and the Rods are have WHM stats. Shear Trigger is really good for a physical weapon and I need VIII synergy but the rest of the banner is lackluster for me.

Banner 2: Again, I don't need SG either. Organics would be awesome. Rune Blade (Celes) is solid but I don't need VI synergy. Buster Sword is also solid but other than Organics I'm OK with VII synergy. All Rounder isn't as useful for me with Sazh as my Support (transitioning to Tyro) and Ashe's Runeblade suffers the niche BLM weapon situation I explained above.

Banner 3: Strongly considering this one. I know the SSB for Tidus isn't as strong as others but I need X Physical Synergy so Auron's blade is also good for me. Polymorph Rod is, finally, a really solid universal BLM weapon and so is Cypress Pile. Butterfly Sword is a good consolation prize since it has a really high, neutral realm, attack. My IX synergy isn't the worst but not the best. Odds are I'll end up with Golem Flute though which I don't need since I'm drowning in WHM weapons.

Banner 4: Tyro's SSB is the worst of the bunch. I have Yuna's Lullaby Rod already. Golbez axe is even more limiting than the Mage Swords. Blazefire Saber is my current pick from the beginner banner. Terra's Bustier is decent but not worth pulling for.

Banner 5: This is a weird one. It's the other banner I am currently planning to pull on (easily could change my mind). Both SSBs are great but I'd prefer Cutting Trigger over Cecil's since I already have his Mythgraven Blade. Cutting Trigger is still one of the best Physical weapons / SBs in the JPN game. Lightning Steel is a good physical weapon for X (need synergy). Rinoa's Rising Sun suffers the problem of other niche BLM weapons but I'd still be happy with it. Now the problem is I already have Morning Star and Fabeled Harp. So it has some great items on it for me but also the most risk of picking up a duplicate, crappy, one too.

Also throwing a wrench in the works is Sephiroth's SSB tonight. His Katana would be awesome, Reno's Baton would be my universal BLM rod and Aerith's Ribbon isn't bad (but with Mog's Lance and Leon's Armor I've got some attack buffs already). I think I'm going to pull here even if Barrett's gun sucks.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
none of them look that good to me really (mostly due to already being pretty set on gear). i'll only be pulling if they are 25 mythril pulls.

new players should pretty much absolutely be pulling on these banners tho probably.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh yeah if you don't have a rod but have an AoE heal go for Enhancer or Rune Blade.

I egg every event character to 50 as soon as I get them (you get enough eggs from the event and bonus quests to do this), then have a leveling team to take from 1-50 or 50-65, takes about 3-4 weeks of the Sunday exp daily on + difficulty if you use most of your stamina on it.

First I just took turns getting everyone to 50, then I leveled specific teams of characters - first mages, then celerity (for dismissal) and now random notable characters like Sazh and Red XIII with good relics I may have one day. I'm picking up a few random 50s (like Firion) from dungeons so I'll need to level a 50 team again soon.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
none of them look that good to me really (mostly due to already being pretty set on gear). i'll only be pulling if they are 25 mythril pulls.

new players should pretty much absolutely be pulling on these banners tho probably.
The big draw is the SSBs but I'm back to spending very little on the banners again. I think 3 is my best one so I'll drop 50 there and call it a day (other than 100 gem pulls on each). SSBs become a lot more common on future banners and there is the Super Super Super SoulBreak Celebration a few months down the road too. So 50 on Sephiroth tonight and 50 on Banner 3 and call it a day.

Yes though. New players should be pulling hard on Banner 1 and 2 for Thyrus or SG plus anything else they can get.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the only SSB there i'd really want is P.Cecil's, but i already have several of the other relics on that banner.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hoarded growth eggs but now I'm like... who cares. With the new optimize option it makes it really easy. Just leveled Sazh from 1 to 50 instantly haha.

and then yes, I spend all day Sunday leveling new guys. Usually I growth egg them up to 30 and then I can get them easily to 45-50 if I pay attention and maximize my stamina on Sunday.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Tyro doesn't get enough love in general. even if you don't have SG he's still extremely useful. i've often had him and Y'shtola standing right next to each other in my lineup.
Tyrone is close to worthless without his SG. There is no reason you shouldn't have someone with much much better stats that can use whatever abilities you are giving him.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Despite my posting frenzy and pure, unadulterated, excitement today I am now seriously considering quitting. Pulled way more than I should have on the Sephiroth banner. 40 pulls in total which includes an 11x pull with gems (something I told myself never to do). I got Barret's gun and two precious watches. The gun is one of the worst relics in the game and the watches do nothing for me. The rest were 3 and 4 stars. I just feel defeated after that. SSB banners simply hate me.

Every time I do a pull I always tell myself not to get disappointed in the results but that's so much easier said than do. I knew the odds of getting Sephiroth's katana was really low but with 40 pulls I expected something good since there was so much on the banner I could have used. But nothing and now I feel sick. Not sure it's worth doing this to myself so I'm seriously considering quitting for good.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i went 1/44 on the lucky banners, including dropping some real world money and cashing in rewards points for a google play gift card. including the other banners from that time period i was like 1/50. and the 1 was Lenna's cruddy revive SB. hang in there man, shit happens.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Despite my posting frenzy and pure, unadulterated, excitement today I am now seriously considering quitting. Pulled way more than I should have on the Sephiroth banner. 40 pulls in total which includes an 11x pull with gems (something I told myself never to do). I got Barret's gun and two precious watches. The gun is one of the worst relics in the game and the watches do nothing for me. The rest were 3 and 4 stars. I just feel defeated after that. SSB banners simply hate me.

Every time I do a pull I always tell myself not to get disappointed in the results but that's so much easier said than do. I knew the odds of getting Sephiroth's katana was really low but with 40 pulls I expected something good since there was so much on the banner I could have used. But nothing and now I feel sick. Not sure it's worth doing this to myself so I'm seriously considering quitting for good.
So this is the stuff that scares me. I won't spend real money in that quantity at a single time, but I want to use the f2p currency wisely. I don't know if I should just save my mithril until the super banners or try to drop an 11x pull on this one.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Eh it's not a good banner, stop pulling for dps relics on pet characters guys. Sephrioth has limited ability and gear choices, Cloud is just better. You are not going to get good stuff pulling on bad banners.

100 gem pull only, use mithril on lucky draw and holy trinity relics. AoE Stoneskin/Cure/Haste. Eventually you will get them but it takes patience.

If you have that stuff already then save mithril for the AoE damage boost relics or possibly burst soul breaks that are months away. Imagine dropping like 500 mithril on the Ramza banners.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i've actually had the best luck lately just pulling for fun. its been awhile since i did an 11x pull. i've been doing single pulls and getting decent results.

imo pull when you're bored and don't hope for anything. =p that's how i got my Cutting Trigger and Scissor Fangs haha.