Final Fantasy VII Remake

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Reviews are reading very similar to the first release I feel. All praise until the story gets to the ending point and then it's like, "Wait, what?"

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Expecting or wanting a 1:1 from OG would be dumb. While the ending of remake was different, I didn't mind it at all.

• 4Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Reviews are reading very similar to the first release I feel. All praise until the story gets to the ending point and then it's like, "Wait, what?"

Pretty much just what I predicted. Dammit. Well, we'll see what happens. Avoiding spoilers.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pretty much just what I predicted. Dammit. Well, we'll see what happens. Avoiding spoilers.

Yeah going to avoid any spoilers, but given how badly some reviewers/etc messed up some of the more obvious info/clues from the first part, not going to take anything said at face value until play through myself.

• 1Picard

Merrith

Not too surprised EA so high on it, but 9.5 for the overall review.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm really surprised because the demo butchered the Nibelheim Incident and put me off the whole thing.

Must be that the actual gameplay is amazing? I did like the battle system in Remake and thought it had a lot of promise.

Last edited:

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I'm really surprised because the demo butchered the Nibelheim Incident and put me off the whole thing.

Must be that the actual gameplay is amazing? I did like the battle system in Remake amd thought it had a lot of promise.

I was going to wait, but caved and finished remake and the demo now. I really liked it. Been a while since I played the original now, what was butchered about it? The demo isn't the entire thing either (Max stated that the demo he played was longer than the one released, continued on). All the stuff I remember from the game was there.

Once you finish the demo, the 2nd demo is made available which features more of the gameplay. And combat is definitely improved/expanded on.

PS: For people who haven't played the demo and are intending to, once you finish it there is a "press any button for a sneak peek" thing. Skip that. Press it then skip. They're too much.

I think I am leaning towards playing the game on 30fps graphical mode for my first run. The open world demo makes the downgrade of the dynamic resolution more apparent. Like a smooth filter is added on everything so it becomes hard at times to even see faces and I played the demo after they updated it.

Kind of like if you use glasses, then take them off after having worn them a while. Things become blurry, then you're in a tighter area and it's like you put them on again, things become sharp, then move away, and you notice it again. Graphics mode you just have to get used to 30fps. 60 feels a lot better, but once I noticed the graphics I couldn't unnotice it so to speak. Figure if I start at 30 I'll just get used to that. Really wish this was a day one PC release, though if any game is worth paying exclusivity for, I guess this is it.

joz123

Potato del Grande

Must be that the actual gameplay is amazing? I did like the battle system in Remake and thought it had a lot of promise.
You know this isn't the same as OG FF7 right....

• 1Slow

Chris

Potato del Grande
I was going to wait, but caved and finished remake and the demo now. I really liked it. Been a while since I played the original now, what was butchered about it? The demo isn't the entire thing either (Max stated that the demo he played was longer than the one released, continued on). All the stuff I remember from the game was there.

Once you finish the demo, the 2nd demo is made available which features more of the gameplay. And combat is definitely improved/expanded on.

PS: For people who haven't played the demo and are intending to, once you finish it there is a "press any button for a sneak peek" thing. Skip that. Press it then skip. They're too much.

I think I am leaning towards playing the game on 30fps graphical mode for my first run. The open world demo makes the downgrade of the dynamic resolution more apparent. Like a smooth filter is added on everything so it becomes hard at times to even see faces and I played the demo after they updated it.

Kind of like if you use glasses, then take them off after having worn them a while. Things become blurry, then you're in a tighter area and it's like you put them on again, things become sharp, then move away, and you notice it again. Graphics mode you just have to get used to 30fps. 60 feels a lot better, but once I noticed the graphics I couldn't unnotice it so to speak. Figure if I start at 30 I'll just get used to that. Really wish this was a day one PC release, though if any game is worth paying exclusivity for, I guess this is it.

Mako Vacuums.
Shinra Mansion is smaller, basement isn't hidden and no creepy spiral staircase.
Limping through burning town.
Sephiroth vs Mayor who doesn't shoot him.
Generally big pauses between everything.

Part of it too is that it cuts off the end of the incident with the reactor stuff, I don't know if that's just to save the ending for release or they actually cut it.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ya the townsfolk never shooting was pretty fucking weird and dumb. Idk what that was about.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Mako Vacuums.
Shinra Mansion is smaller, basement isn't hidden and no creepy spiral staircase.
Limping through burning town.
Sephiroth vs Mayor who doesn't shoot him.
Generally big pauses between everything.

Part of it too is that it cuts off the end of the incident with the reactor stuff, I don't know if that's just to save the ending for release or they actually cut it.

Vacuums - This was so dumb.
Mansion - Yeah it did have a different vibe.
Limping - Not sure who thought this was a good idea, felt like it was all designed to mask loading or something.
People not shooting - Yeah that was weird
Pauses - Again, felt like a lot of stealth loading was going on.

I wouldn't say "butchered" but it did have some issues that might be representative of the whole thing for all we know now.

I'm in agreement, kept switching between the modes (PS5 Pro plz) all demo. The framerate mode has a fuzzy filter over everything. Still looked a little better than I remember the first one looking on PS4, but graphics mode was like a whole 'nother level. It was jarring to switch to it though. I think starting on graphics and only playing that mode, vision will probably adjust to it like you said and the 30 FPS will stop being noticeable.

Merrith

This seemed pretty obvious they were saving rest for release.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I started playing remake in preparation for rebirth. Did it on easy mode and just main scenario no side quests.

I’m at chapter 14 in about 13 hours so should be done in time for rebirth.

I’m so hyped. I have nothing else to play until Dragon Dogma 2 so a month to put into rebirth, so plenty of time for a good thorough play through.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Anyone know if Rebirth will preload before the 29th?
Season 3 Episode 21 GIF by Friends

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Anyone know if Rebirth will preload before the 29th?
Hmm I'm batting a thousand today. I could always google it huh? Per inverse.com (never heard of them but)

Fortunately, Square Enix is making the game available for pre-load a few days before launch so even players with slower internet connections should have plenty of game to get it on their consoles before the game unlocks.

Pre-loading for Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth begins at midnight on February 27, two days before release.