Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I just don’t give a shit about stuff like that anymore, probably because I’ve been retired from any serious raiding since 2005 or so.

A lot of times people don’t want to be called out, so speaking generally can help (works out better in the 8/24 mans). “Remember, save all your good dps cooldowns for X” “when boss does x, do y”.

People tend to be more open to help when they don’t feel like they are being singled out. You’ll find a surprising amount would like to do better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can I catch up by just buying Shadowlands? Or do I have to buy the other 2 expansions? I played Realm reborn on release and got to cap then quit.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can I catch up by just buying Shadowlands? Or do I have to buy the other 2 expansions? I played Realm reborn on release and got to cap then quit.
Starter Edition is $20 for ARR only (up to level 50)
Shadowbringers is $40 for HW, SB, and SHB it gives you all expansions
Complete Edition is $60 for everything

If you play on PC do not even touch Steam. Keep it separate.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I am trying to find my account but this shit is goofy as hell

They are saying the account is closed so I have a ticket in.

• 1Worf

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
You should frankly be trying for the fish every window whether you have the turn-in or not because the weather (Clear skies only) is not common and it's still a Fish Eyes - Mooch 5% catch you need to HQ.

What is the name of the fish? need to keep eye out for it.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else finds the Funmaker so enjoyable to play? I been leveling one as my 2nd job after my paladin. Gnb feels like a dps that can tank and Heart of Stone is so damn good.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think i'll be leveling gunbreaker next, but I need to focus on my gathering/crafting since I spent so much time getting my SAM and MCH to 80.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Didn't @a_skeleton_03 get banned for botting?
I took a 3 day suspension for some blatant afk bullshit. It was earned but I wanted to test some limits.

I was really running it to learn DPS rotations on jobs I had never really played. I saw it had an option to run gathering and tried it out. I came back from my suspension and went legit on gathering but still messed around with the DPS rotation bot

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What is the name of the fish? need to keep eye out for it.
Aapoak, in west caliban in The Tempest. Have to fish eyes mooch for it during certain hours and weather, but it's a shit ton of scrips. Remember collector gloves.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I bought a BLM boost because POTD/HoH is no interest to me lol
now to learn how to play a BLM, any good videos to understand the mechanics?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im "thinking" its the option "Turn to Face The Mob When Attacking" or something similar to that. My UI was super cluttered, so I set it to Default and cleaned it up from there. But last night, I was noticed that sometimes when running out of a telegraph, I would jerk to a position and eat the telegraph. If that is the correct option and it is because my character is just finishing an attack, will the attack still land if I turn that option off? I feel like its a QOL option for a DPS or Healer class. But even if its a QOL option, I still dont see myself using it with those classes.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I just don’t give a shit about stuff like that anymore, probably because I’ve been retired from any serious raiding since 2005 or so.

A lot of times people don’t want to be called out, so speaking generally can help (works out better in the 8/24 mans). “Remember, save all your good dps cooldowns for X” “when boss does x, do y”.

People tend to be more open to help when they don’t feel like they are being singled out. You’ll find a surprising amount would like to do better.
I typically go in to each new dungeon telling the people that I am new to the game, never done that dungeon, and welcome helpful tips. I know I suck at the game, so I welcome advice. Half of that is just my old man syndrome of not being able to remember which button to push at the right time on my gamepad,. and the other half is just the fact that I am so new to the game and simply don't know better most of the time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Im "thinking" its the option "Turn to Face The Mob When Attacking" or something similar to that. My UI was super cluttered, so I set it to Default and cleaned it up from there. But last night, I was noticed that sometimes when running out of a telegraph, I would jerk to a position and eat the telegraph. If that is the correct option and it is because my character is just finishing an attack, will the attack still land if I turn that option off? I feel like its a QOL option for a DPS or Healer class. But even if its a QOL option, I still dont see myself using it with those classes.
Holy crap I thought this was just me

I keep thinking my mouse is broken. Is it that setting?

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I made it through patch 2.2, and got about half way through patch 2.3 last night. I am hoping to finish up 2.3 tonight. Just about 55 more quests to go until Heavensward.

Once I get to Heavensward, I am definitely going to slow back down and do the things I really enjoy for a while... harvesting, crafting, Immortal Flames, etc

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll have to look when I'm home. Just once in awhile my character will snap back to the boss and I'll get hit

• 1Solidarity