Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Feels like the cleaned up and removed some quests from the ARR MSQ when Endwalker hit. This feels to be going much faster then last time I did it and I haven't been skipping scenes other then dungeon's so I dont keep my party waiting. If so they did a good job other then that leaving in stupid banquet questline before Titan.
recently they cut a lot of the filler in the MSQ Between ARR -> HW , I've heard they did a pretty good job with it also, but I don't think I could ever play thru a 3rd time =p

Juvarisx

Florida
recently they cut a lot of the filler in the MSQ Between ARR -> HW , I've heard they did a pretty good job with it also, but I don't think I could ever play thru a 3rd time =p

Yea I think they did more too cause after you get Cid's airship back you get a crystal shard cinematic and it was the first one since the first one. Was very confused how I had 5 of 6 lol

Found it, they did it in 5.3

Goonsquad Officer
Yea msq was smoothed again. And the early non lenier dungeons were made faster. And praetorum is now 3 separate things instead of an hour long

Cybsled

Best you will get is Hilda being a halfie but you don't "meet the parents"

Hilda was from an elf highborn and a human servant. The highborn got the servant pregnant then kicked her out and she later died after giving birth to Hilda. Arenvald was half roe/half Garlean. The game also talks about (but doesn't show) other mixed race people in the game. I think they mentioned that half-Miqote either look human or look full Miqote with Miqote/Hyur matchups if I recall correctly. There was that one sidequest chain in SB where the Garlean conscript had the Miqote lover and I think they talk about it there? I might be misrembering exactly where in the game they mention that.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Best you will get is Hilda being a halfie but you don't "meet the parents"
That reminds me of an old discussion of racial advantages in AD&D.

"So elves are long-lived, dwarves are strong and resilient, but humans?"

"We fuck anything, and we make babies with them no matter what"

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Logged in the other night on my PS5, probably over a year since I last played.

All my saved UI and gear sets gone... urgh!

Tried various ways to get it back but no joy. So far I've set up my PLD gear/keys. I can't face AST just yet.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
There's no interracial relationships in this game afaik, I think it's taboo in the lore.

Moenbryda and Urianger. (Implied) Y’shtola and Runar. Magnai will hit on anything with a vagina if he thinks she’s his Nhaama. Same with Gegeruju (rich idiot Lala guy who owns Costa del Sol.)

Possibly Godbert and Julyan, although we don’t know WTF Julyan is yet.

There’s a gay Miqo’te/Highlander? couple that act as the quest-givers for Wanderer’s Palace HM, and they left home because they faced discrimination in their rural village IIRC not for the gay thing but for the interracial thing. So they seem to have it modeled where while it’s taboo, it’s at least tolerated if you’re urban or rich enough.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hope you weren't counting on more beachwear / mounts

-9mWe0mUXqiJvOUHSXHThKU4Pg.jpg

• 3Mother of God
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Weird, they removed so much from the MSQ I got stuck right before the removed Cape Westwind dungeon and am having to do duty finder. Only leveled as one class as well, and I have the preorder earring. I do appreciate they added a Waiting List Number so you have some idea when you are going to be queued in.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Moenbryda and Urianger. (Implied) Y’shtola and Runar. Magnai will hit on anything with a vagina if he thinks she’s his Nhaama. Same with Gegeruju (rich idiot Lala guy who owns Costa del Sol.)

Possibly Godbert and Julyan, although we don’t know WTF Julyan is yet.

There’s a gay Miqo’te/Highlander? couple that act as the quest-givers for Wanderer’s Palace HM, and they left home because they faced discrimination in their rural village IIRC not for the gay thing but for the interracial thing. So they seem to have it modeled where while it’s taboo, it’s at least tolerated if you’re urban or rich enough.

There's the Scion that lusts after the Boulder Brothers, There's a Hyur trying to court Momodi, Miqo'te prostitutes are pretty common and will sleep with anyone, not to mention all the girls (including Lalas) being raped in Satasha.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well this took a turn in the direction of “hes probably fucking the queen like the one armed bandit he is” after all.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Holy fuck I forgot how tedious the post ARR MSQ is. Back forth back forth with bad writing then go help Alphinaud form an army cause these people will follow him for some reason. Then he whines about being cold in fucking Winterland and I figured they just couldn't put those models in different clothes but Minfillia shows up in one, just get these dude a fucking coat.

Get me to Heavansward already gaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Cybsled

I do laugh how in later expansions they sort of make fun of that. Like that one scene where Urianger shows up in his regular clothes and mentions he freezing to death as he shivers lol