Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Tol_sl

shitlord
I vote gilgamesh as well. I have some friends who plan to play there and I'm kind of torn between malboro and gilg and haven't decided where I'm going yet. This would make things much easier.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I'm taking a lot of things for granted. I don't even consider things like queues. Games in 2013 automatically generate instances of zones so that we don't have to wait around, right?

Of course this one won't. It'll be stone aged shit and a really full server will probably be a complete mess at release.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The login queues are more of a concern than duty finder queues. Overflow vs high pop would be the accurate description of it.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
The login queues are more of a concern than duty finder queues. Overflow vs high pop would be the accurate description of it.
In theory wouldn't a majority of us be queueing together with insta-heal/tank hax anyway?
tongue.png

I'd rather not start on de-facto queue server myself, but rather something mid-high pop, if such can even be measured right now... Definitely not a Legacy server though.

That said, this is my count from the spreadsheet based on current data (even from people who apparently won't stay through Live):

Tank - 9 (~19%)
Healer - 10 (~21%)
Damage - 26 (~54%)

Undecided Role - 3 (~6%) (Listed as one role or another, based on class listing.)

Total - 48

Full Group Count
= 2 tank
= 2 healer
= 4 damage

Can fit 4 Full Groups. Excess is:
- 1 tank
- 2 healer
- 10 damage (!)
Also, everyone healing (except 1/2 people) is going Conjurer for now. Do I have to change to Scholar?!

Ferr_sl

shitlord
Speaking of the forum guild, I'll likely be throwing my name in the hat, though I am in Cuba for 10 days of the launch and was planning to see what everyone else rolled when I get back to see what I really ended up playing. Played Glad/Lancer to 34 in the last beta, but will likely either end up as tank or healer of some sort seeing as there is no DK type class announced yet.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess I am one of the few that actually don't care about login queues at launch. To me all it means is after the launch rush the population will stay healthy.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
I guess I am one of the few that actually don't care about login queues at launch. To me all it means is after the launch rush the population will stay healthy.
Login queues might be brutal with this game if they don't add an idle kick.

sidewayzzz

Molten Core Raider
signed up on the google document. Maybe we should think about a NA data center server? Since duty finder is cross-server, population only matters for crafting economy and raiding really.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Login queues might be brutal with this game if they don't add an idle kick.
People staying logged in when not playing was a major issue in original FFXIV and not just for login queues (caused lag, server issues etc). If it hasn't been sorted Gilgamesh will be a terrible choice. I'm 50/50 on joining the Rerolled guild (because I'm on EU times) so my opinion isn't as important as others but I'd suggest Gilgamesh seems a terrible choice all around.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Leviathan seems like a pretty good compromise for me. I tried playing on the "popular" wow server (illidan?) granted, the level of single serving friends is bad in wow in general, but it seemed even worse on an extremely overpopulated server. I'd rather play where people know all of the guilds and there is clear stratification in skill levels, not just "random hardcore mode raid guild 03)".

It would also be nice to play on a server with a high EU/AU/NZ population on NA servers just so the server isn't ever a ghost town even at 4am or 1pm.

Korgath in WoW had a great high end mentality as well as late night grouping options (easily find a pug after guild raids), I think that's the ideal for me. Can't believe I ever left it...

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll play wherever, as I always tend to play classes that are more needed than most. This tends to shorten both my queue time and my ability to join raids/groups by a substantial margin. I played on Pandemonium in FFXI, and it had some pretty gnarly high end action. I expect most servers to have lots to do at the top and middle, with the low being the "leveling" range where you meet most the scrubs.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
It would also be nice to play on a server with a high EU/AU/NZ population on NA servers just so the server isn't ever a ghost town even at 4am or 1pm.
I plan to play, and would gladly join a guild from here. GMT+1 timezone. Plan to be a Summoner (not written it in that list). As to servers, I will not join a PvP server if there are those, other than that I do not care. I usually join NA servers when I can because it is rare to get queues.

I am very casual though, and do not theorycraft the game to gain ultimate DPS or speed. I level slowly and just try to learn as I go along, and I am very unfamiliar with this game (only played the last 4 beta weekends, highest char level 20 or slightly below). If the goal of the guild is to progress to end game content as quick as possible, then I doubt I will be of any use except to group up with your twinked alts
smile.png

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
I plan to play, and would gladly join a guild from here. GMT+1 timezone. Plan to be a Summoner (not written it in that list). As to servers, I will not join a PvP server if there are those, other than that I do not care. I usually join NA servers when I can because it is rare to get queues.

I am very casual though, and do not theorycraft the game to gain ultimate DPS or speed. I level slowly and just try to learn as I go along, and I am very unfamiliar with this game (only played the last 4 beta weekends, highest char level 20 or slightly below). If the goal of the guild is to progress to end game content as quick as possible, then I doubt I will be of any use except to group up with your twinked alts
smile.png
We will, of course, be trying to beat the content the fastest on the server, but everyone from the boards will be welcome. Bros before randoms.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
We will, of course, be trying to beat the content the fastest on the server, but everyone from the boards will be welcome. Bros before randoms.
Nice to hear. Can count me in then. Would be fun to be in a guild that can do end game content. I started lurking the FoH forums when you guys entered Time. Remember seeing a picture of the FoH guild standing in front of the portal to time and some sort of WTF caption and mad rant fom Furor. Only read about world firsts, never experienced them. I thought Rathe sucked enough as is, think it was relatively nerfed/fixed before we started butting heads against it (around the time the expansion with the Xiiczlixszxcc names came I think).