Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So is this where I ask how much am I begging to be bent over and buggered if I want to try to get to 4-star crafting when I'm finally managing HQ 1-star frequently? =p (Depending on Hasty Touch being a bitch.)
Eh, at this point of time, I'd say it's probably not worth it. The first thing you need is every trade at 50(well you could skip LTW and GSM as the cross skills on those aren't relevant for endgame crafting, for the most part). Then you need to craft for a while or spiritbind, so you get money. A lot of money. Then you want to find people who can craft crafting gear and buy the mats and get it crafted and melded.

For what you need to buy, it's relatively cheap jewelry/belt(aetheryte rings, militia bracelets are both like 10-20k each, Dodore Belt, Mosshorn Earring and Rose Gold Choker are more 80-100k) but the melds add up to like a million, maybe less depending on prices on your server. Then you need Artisan armor, which is about 500k per piece atm on my server, and meld that but luckily the melds on these are a ton cheaper, aside from the chest. Count 50k melds for the other pieces but the chest is like 1million(or more if really unlucky) melds. Now that you got that shit, you can craft like 3star maybe, but for 4star you'll also want an offhand which is like 1.5millions(don't need too many melds/any at all if you go Lucis) and possibly a supra which is like 500k. Can upgrade to Lucis for "free", though you need to farm a lot of GC seals or whatever you prefer to get the mats. You'll probably also need 500k or so to unlock the Master 2 book. Now you're ready for 4star.

You potentially could use a stopgap solution with the new turn in Artisan gear stuff in Mor Dhona and a Lucis, I haven't really checked. That'd cut your costs a lot, but you'd have lower stats so it'd be harder to craft.

And then you might be able to sell shit, but the market tends to be saturated for high end shit since there's not many buyers and it's very easy for high end crafters to make new items.

I'd say, just spiritbind shit, or look into selling crafted stuff in the lower tiers, there's a lot of money to be made from 1star and even pre 50 stuff if you look and diversify. You do need to sell more smaller items though, which means crafting for a longer amount of time, but eh.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
I'm asking about getting caught up to 4-star with respect to the fact I can make my own crafting AF/i55 gear as HQ successfully. I wasn't sure if I had to start by melding that gear and working LTW and/or WVR to be able to HQ 2-star so that I can get the master books to start thinking about getting Artisan gear. (Yes, I realize CUL is easier to do, but I'm asking in a vacuum here, and because LTW and WVR provide Forager's HQ gear later.)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I logged in several times on the free weekend, never saw anyone on. I'm sure there's tons to do, but eh, I can't bring myself to re-sub.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I transferred my character to Gilgamesh, but I never saw anyone from ISIS on either. I joined a free company called Valkurm Dunes. It's the most active free company on the server with people on at all hours. Hit me up in game of you want an invite. Mythri Jenkins.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Eh, at this point of time, I'd say it's probably not worth it. The first thing you need is every trade at 50(well you could skip LTW and GSM as the cross skills on those aren't relevant for endgame crafting, for the most part). Then you need to craft for a while or spiritbind, so you get money. A lot of money. Then you want to find people who can craft crafting gear and buy the mats and get it crafted and melded.
Doing the Ixal daily and selling the sealants is still a good way to earn money. Personally I'm not dropping another gil on further gearing up my crafting classes until the expansion hits. I feel unless your on the leading edge gearing up your crafter is just a good way to help other people make their millions. (unless your not using the AH at all and doing everything yourself)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Are Ixal oaknot dailies on a separate allowance from other beast tribe dailies? I could use the extra Gil, but I'm also using each of my 6 alowances per day to rush Amalj'aa rep for the mount.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yep Ixali is the same as other tribes, other than they have 4 "top tier" quests per day, the normal 3 per NPC and one that's like a crafting delivery thing(like the GC stuff) that gives even more rep than the top quests. They also have 7ranks so that's nice.

I haven't done an ixali quest since the patch though, I'm doing Amaljaa and Sapsa atm since they're not capped. Sealants crashed pretty hard and I really don't give a fuck about the money, or the sealants, so I'd rather just get every rep to max.

Today I joined a Shiva farm PF group to try to get a DRG and WHM weapon cause I didn't roll on them back when I was farming it a lot since I didn't want to waste inventory, but now I kinda want them. We killed it 3times before the tank that took 40mins to fill up left to do coil(he came only to help a friend of his) and I got the Shiva pony. No weapons though, so I'm not very pleased since I don't quite care about those mounts, but eh, it's something. Wish I could sell it.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Some new information on the expansion and future updates from a new interview with FFXIV producer Yoshi-P that was posted on Reddit. Biggest takeaways are that the current patch cycle will continue and future expansions will come even sooner (approx every 15-18 months).

New YearFamitsu Interview w/ Yoshi-P.

Quick summary

• 3.0 series will be shorter than 2.0. 4.0 to be released sooner in comparison.
  • 3 month interval between patches schedule to be continued. 1 major patch followed by 2 minor updates as has been done the past 2 years.
  • No fan fests this year but hoping to have a big event after 3.0 launches.
  • Airships are heavily customisable. Looks or specs, choice is yours.
  • Airships can be bought at an extravagant price, or your Fc can build it bit by bit everyday.
  • Expansion volume is more similar to WoW and other western MMOs than XI. Basically almost an entire new game. But 2 years per expansion is probably not realistic anymore so they're shifting to an annual release schedule.
  • expansions and content releases will be more like blockbuster movies, Big, dramatic changes in short spans of time.
  • story and content has already been planned up til 3.5
  • you can guess when 4.0 will release based on our current pacing, probably.
  • blood and splatter is hard to do because of regulations and laws in each region.
  • Example, a new miqote npc that gets injured and loses part of his ear. Something serious and with consequences. But we aren't allowed to do that because our said regulations.
  • some places will not even allow npcs shot by arrows to be shown.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Expansion volume is more similar to WoW and other western MMOs than XI. Basically almost an entire new game. But 2 years per expansion is probably not realistic anymore so they're shifting to an annual release schedule.
Fucking unreal lol. I'm so used to Blizzard saying shit like "But 2 years per expansion is probably not realistic anymore, so they're shifting to a 3 year release schedule". Hearing the opposite just sounds weird...

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Fucking unreal lol. I'm so used to Blizzard saying shit like "But 2 years per expansion is probably not realistic anymore, so they're shifting to a 3 year release schedule". Hearing the opposite just sounds weird...
Well, if FF14 can't keep people's attention for two years, it makes sense to change up the game every year.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm Blizzard actually said the contrary for the next expansion I think, something about only doing 2 raids in WoD then going into next expansion right away rather than the usual 2 years wait.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Honestly, with how the patch cycle has been for 14, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. If 3.0 is as big as 2.0 as reported by sites, then it's really safe to say they've invested in labor for content delivery and are arguably setting the MMO standard for product deployment.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Not sure how it happened, but I was doing my regular old linkshell trolling last night and an hour later, I became the leader of a new Coil static. We're gonna carry our WAR through T5 and then officially start progression on T9 in a week or so. I hand picked six of the members, one comes highly recommended, and we're just looking for our 8th.

Our Paladin is the master of the linkshell I formed this static from and is very dedicated to the game. He was at the forefront of the Coils before he took a break.

The Warrior has always been more of a solo-type player, preferring to enjoy content he could comfortably DF, but his aggro control, cool down usage, and DPS are all really good.

Our White Mage is kinda loud but he's also very clutch. He's very good at watching the tanks' buffs and debuffs and I think he even mentally keeps track of their cool down usage. He Esunas Pacification without the Warrior even mentioning that Berserk is active.

I haven't gotten to interact with our SCH yet, but she comes highly recommended by some of the other static members so I hope she will be a good fit.

We have an incredible Monk. His DPS is amazeballs and he's always on top of mechanics. His DPS is often slightly better than mine, so that pushes me to do better.

Our Bard was originally a WHM main and is still gearing up. He's a super cool guy but his DPS is quite low, even for a Bard. Hopefully it'll increase as we catch up his iLevel, 'cause I think his positive attitude is gonna be really good for our static.

And then there's me (a NIN) and we're looking for a BLM for our last spot. I'm also trying to think about who a good shot-caller would be (if we need one), as everyone kinda seems apprehensive about it.