Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nevermind, it wasn't that bad. Just some grinding once you know the sweet spots. Finished mine tonight.
Did you do Alex normal or Savage? That's what I'm hearing as the 'sweet spot', particularly A4N.

The biggest thing I didn't expect about this patch is the level of SAVE HEALER LB butthurt in Dun Scaith, particularly on third boss. lol

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Did you do Alex normal or Savage? That's what I'm hearing as the 'sweet spot', particularly A4N.

A1S is robust growth by default, sturdy growth during bonus. Makes it one step higher than A4N at about the exact same clear time. The rough math is around 16 A1S runs = 1 Rune, so about 160 runs total.

I did have what I assume to be either a huge bug or someone sploiting something for about 2 hours one night. Both Faust and Oppressor had HP Down debuffs before we'd even pull them, no idea how. Faust died in literally 8 seconds, Oppressor in around 20 seconds. Kept happening consistently until we had a few people drop and reformed.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I read there's some way to apply Potd debuff thingies on normal mobs or whatever, there's been a bunch of exploiting around. Probably one of the guy was doing it.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
what do you get if you farm it

Once a week you can get all of the following: an i270 gear drop, a Demimatter that you can trade in for a Grade V battle materia, and a Shilling which is one of the items you need to turn in for the items to upgrade Scripture gear to i270.

The Demimatter and Shilling are guaranteed but you could run it 2-3 times and not see a drop for your class. The first time I went, 3/4 chests had DRG drops... And there were no DRGs in party.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
So finally got this thing to patch after having to use cyberghost to VPN the patcher, haven't played since 50 cap, is their a checklist of things to do for stormblood? They finally put RDM in which is what I've been waiting for.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
The good news, though, is that supposedly you can just pick up Red Mage on day 1 (in Ul'dah?) without needing to be current on the 3.0 story.

Malkav

French Madman
I hope they give more information soon on the combat redesign or whatever they are planning.

Right now some classes have way too many skills. Some trim down / consolidation would be welcome.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone have an active guild I can join on Gilgamesh? I haven't played since heavensward launched and came back last week to find myself in an empty guild.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I hope they give more information soon on the combat redesign or whatever they are planning.

Right now some classes have way too many skills. Some trim down / consolidation would be welcome.
I don't think they'll talk much about that until later. Next month is Frankfurt fanfest, I assume it'll talk about the story a bit and reveal the 2nd class and maybe show some RDM stuff, but the actual expansion info I think will come in the dev letter around april or may, I think it was like that last time too, they had a really long one that showed a lot of stuff about Heavensward.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think they'll talk much about that until later. Next month is Frankfurt fanfest, I assume it'll talk about the story a bit and reveal the 2nd class and maybe show some RDM stuff, but the actual expansion info I think will come in the dev letter around april or may, I think it was like that last time too, they had a really long one that showed a lot of stuff about Heavensward.
This. Including the theme of the expansion, showcasing the new and/or changed stuff, the job action trailer, and so on.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man, I'm going to have to reupp and catch up on story quests for Heavensword =/ Haven't played in almost 6 months. Red Mage hurray though!

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Zurvan Ex isn't as good as Sophia. He's like a loot pinata once you nail his mechanics, of which he only has like 4 or so.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Ive been clearing floor 200 on PoTD with some friends every so often since it was released and honestly it's my fav thing in this game right now. Been making mad cash selling glam weapons and mounts plus once you hit 170ish the floors are a decent challenge due to the randomness.

5 chimeras in a line no prob! Fun shit.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ive been clearing floor 200 on PoTD with some friends every so often since it was released and honestly it's my fav thing in this game right now. Been making mad cash selling glam weapons and mounts plus once you hit 170ish the floors are a decent challenge due to the randomness.

5 chimeras in a line no prob! Fun shit.
t.t I keep trying to get people to do PotD to 200 but they always flake out. There's no way in hell I'm paying 17mil for a pegasus that's kind of fugly. :p