Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
It's interesting that they wouldn't have something like skill chains in beta 2 when the very definition of beta is "feature complete."
I don't disagree but they've stuck to their roadmap like a bible so it's not unexpected. Maybe it's because all the required classes/jobs weren't in untl this phase.i

Sythrak_sl

shitlord
They're real content jews. Don't expect anything in-depth content wise till phase 4/launch. Even phase 3 will just be the starter areas/dungeons again, this time with Limsa and Uldah.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Have they released any financial details on this rerelease? Square-Enix is flailing right now and this fucker right here (FFXIV as a whole) has been such a monetary burden. I still find it hard to believe they're dumping so many resources into a game that came out the gate with two broken ankles and a pair of busted kneecaps. I'd say that they probably crunched the numbers and saw that this was a worthwhile investment, but it's Square-Enix and they've proven to have no clue what to do with money.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Have they released any financial details on this rerelease? Square-Enix is flailing right now and this fucker right here (FFXIV as a whole) has been such a monetary burden. I still find it hard to believe they're dumping so many resources into a game that came out the gate with two broken ankles and a pair of busted kneecaps. I'd say that they probably crunched the numbers and saw that this was a worthwhile investment, but it's Square-Enix and they've proven to have no clue what to do with money.
After all the bitching about soulless companies that make games only thinking about the bottom line... But anyways, they based alot of thought that some of their edios titles were going to make more than they did. Most of their namesakes are still making them money and I believe only the online dragon warrior was a real issue for them. I'd think that the majority of the money was already spent on the first iteration, and the appeal of another MMO to give them a monthly out weighed the cost.

Malkavious_sl

shitlord
Sadly, the only bits of news that have been filtering in have been in regards to the new version 1 OST. Also, apparently there's some serious animosity going around because people who owned version one will get two weeks free, not the month that SE had promised before hand.
I expect with E3 and beta 3 coming up in two weeks, we will have a flood of new info coming in.
Also, keep an eye on FFXI Junkies. I have a great give away contest coming up soon!

gogojira_sl

shitlord
After all the bitching about soulless companies that make games only thinking about the bottom line... But anyways, they based alot of thought that some of their edios titles were going to make more than they did. Most of their namesakes are still making them money and I believe only the online dragon warrior was a real issue for them. I'd think that the majority of the money was already spent on the first iteration, and the appeal of another MMO to give them a monthly out weighed the cost.
The company is being ran into the ground so yeah, eventually you have to worry about making a profit before your company tanks. This ain't exactly the Squaresoft of the SNES era and Yoichi Wada got the boot after shitting up the company. Trying to breathe life into a corpse is a noble effort, but I question how financially sound it is.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Ridiculously good icon choice. If only SE would make a proper Chrono Trigger 2 (Cross is good, but I'm talking actual CT2), but they're too busy making Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts spin-offs (and focusing on iOS crap).

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm in! (also send me your e-sim shit).
Get in line, Valos has been bugging me for weeks, waiting for a decent offer/guilt trip
biggrin.png

Not sure how servers are working for Phase 3 but all our chars are on the Marlboro server, if people are thinking of rolling

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
If there is a endgame, I'll be wanting to start up a linkshell/guild for it.

Also, Chysa get back to playing e-sim! We're going to do big things.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, I'll reroll onto Marlboro.... what day does phase3 start?