Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

There are also plenty of free options for gear. The older trials/raid series get uncapped in terms of what you can loot per week, so you can get full sets relatively quickly if you really need to catchup to hit current minimum requirements for the current dungeon/trials

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Wish I had money in this game. only got 1 million Gil so can't buy the crafted catch up gear. The Tome stuff will have to do I guess unless I missed a step.

I think my MMO days are really over though. I get so focused on the rotation I can't seem to do any mechanics. :p

Playing Black Mage probably does not help but I really like the Job. I guess Sharpcasting Fire/Paradox to get a free Fire III can help getting some extra time in the fire phase.
Yea, you’ll always have to refresh Astral Fire with a Fire/Paradox, in order to have enough time to dump all your mana in Astral Fire phase. BLM definitely benefits from knowing the fights though. You really want to stay planted as much as possible. You can save your Triple Casts or Xenoglosy for movement. Worst case scenario, you can Transpose from Fire to Ice to maintain Enochian, using Umbral Soul keep your meter running when you're not casting. If you weren't already, use Umbral Soul between packs and before bosses to keep that meter running as well.

BLM can be punishing on fights, but there are tools to help with movement. Aetherial Manipulation, Between the Lines, Swiftcast, and Triplecast. Procs of Thunder and Fire III, Paradox while in Umbral Ice, and Xenoglosy can all be cast while on the run. It's very rewarding when you're bombing on stuff, but feels bad when struggling to maintain rotation because of mechanics. You'll get back in the groove!

Edit: and yea Surecast is good for your Fire/paradox, but you'll also want to be using it for Thunder. You can maintain Thunder via procs only if you sharpcast it every time.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Getting ready to sub for a few months, been planning to for a bit but group of friends wanted to do a Valheim play through, how difficult is the Sage class? Looking to play pretty casual and to my understanding Summoner is pretty braindead but I like to heal and several recommended Sage. So far, online has been fairly favorable to the simplicity of Sage but few seemed to share it was complicated late game. Any insight?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Getting ready to sub for a few months, been planning to for a bit but group of friends wanted to do a Valheim play through, how difficult is the Sage class? Looking to play pretty casual and to my understanding Summoner is pretty braindead but I like to heal and several recommended Sage. So far, online has been fairly favorable to the simplicity of Sage but few seemed to share it was complicated late game. Any insight?

Honestly the gameplay between Sage and Scholar is very, very similar.

The only downside of sage to me personally is that it's aoe is PBOAE with no special effect (again the same as Sch). Otherwise it plays almost exactly the same as Scholar.

Instead of pet healing, you have Kardia healing. Your shields are smaller, your individual DPS is higher, you have decent hots that SCH lacks. Your Druochole for burst healing is almost exactly the same as Sch's Lustrate. You also have better "oh shit" Emergency Buttons than Sch in Pneuma, Haima and Painhaima. They are also the only healer with a movement dash.

Weakpoint of Sage: Their resource stocks 1 every 30 seconds and you have only a single way to get more than that, which gives you 1 extra resource. This means if things start to go bad, Sage is the worst healer in the game at pulling things back from the brink. Once you're tapped, you're tapped.

I still play Sage as my healer of choice simply for the movement dash and because lasers are pretty. Sage also has the coolest weapons in the game. It's definitely not the most complicated healer in the game - That's Astro, and I would argue Scholar also has a higher skillcap, but it's a lot of fun.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Do you have any existing characters?

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Bought some crafted gear to catch up.

Whats the easiest way to earn Gil? I have no tradeskills so it have to be some farming option.

Cybsled

It used to be crafting, but the profit margins are much lower than they used to be.

Without crafting, world drops can sometimes be profitable. New orchestron rolls or pets, hairstyles, etc. Especially for content people don't run as much anymore.

Like when the newest Deep Dungeon came out, I bought a fuckton of the Allagan wall units while they were cheap because I knew the supply would drop once the # of people running it would drop. So I grabbed a bunch at 20k and now they're all like 200k lol

Chris

Potato del Grande
I do but nothing max level. Have a Dragoon, Bard, and a Healer (white mage I think) all in their mid 30's and 40's I believe. I may have a 50 Paladin.
I strongly suggest leveling as a Tank, kill speed isn't that much slower, often instant queues for dungeons, easiest role in dungeons. So I'd continue Paladin which imo is the easiest tank to play.

You usually get more exp than you need in the MSQ, especially if you do the roulette dungeons, so you can level more than one class.

White Mage is the easiest healer, Sage only unlocks at lv70 I think.

• 1Like

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bought some crafted gear to catch up.

Whats the easiest way to earn Gil? I have no tradeskills so it have to be some farming option.

‘it’s no get rich quick scheme but gathering components can sell decently in stocks of 99. There are always crafters too lazy to farm. Otherwise getting lucky on rare drops earns ok Gil. Lastly just do various missions, duty finder, etc. you’ll earn 10-50k a day just doing that

• 1Like

Cybsled

If you can get in on treasure map runs, those can be good as well. The crafting material drops from the newer dungeons usually sells for a decent price.

Juvarisx

Florida
you may hate yourself for it but the lvl 80 diadem mats sell for a good price and its atleast a few hundred k an hour. Also for something not as boring looking up where sidequests are with coffer rewards. Open them as a tank all the fending gear sells for a lot. Plus you get story which is fun. IDK gil making in this game is weird, its probably furniture in the end like windows or something

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I strongly suggest leveling as a Tank, kill speed isn't that much slower, often instant queues for dungeons, easiest role in dungeons. So I'd continue Paladin which imo is the easiest tank to play.

You usually get more exp than you need in the MSQ, especially if you do the roulette dungeons, so you can level more than one class.

White Mage is the easiest healer, Sage only unlocks at lv70 I think.
I have played tank for years now in WoW and one of my biggest headaches is the expectation that you know the quickest and most efficient route to clear a dungeon or everyone whines and freaks out. I really don’t want that…. Is that the case in FF14? I really haven’t done much outside of the MSQ and grouping with some guildies

I did enjoy playing a Paladin though.

Aazrael

I have played tank for years now in WoW and one of my biggest headaches is the expectation that you know the quickest and most efficient route to clear a dungeon or everyone whines and freaks out. I really don’t want that…. Is that the case in FF14? I really haven’t done much outside of the MSQ and grouping with some guildies

The Dungeons are quite straight forward. Some might expect you pull everything up until each "invisible wall" to AoE everything down.

I enjoyed playing Tanks for sure. Kinda anxious to queue for raids though with them.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

No, you pull 1 group with aoe ability, sprint, pull 2nd group with aoe ability and pop a long defensive cooldown and a short defensive cooldown. Then use aoe rotation. That's pretty much it.

Most dungeons are designed for this kind of 2 group pulling. If healer sucks do one group at a time.

Aggro is never a problem and I've done one tank swap in the entire time I've played.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Got the Majestic Manderville weapon done. These are really easy now. They could be a bit more advanced to do I feel like. But maybe not like the ARR and HW Relics which were kinda "hard" to get.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Appreciate it guys!! Thanks for the insight. Think i'll fire my Pally back up and keep progressing. Double checked... he's 53 and my highest character so I'm sure I have a lot of MSQ ahead of me. We'll see how raiding goes once I get to that bridge. Just going to kick around for now so not even going to worry about raid taking atm.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Appreciate it guys!! Thanks for the insight. Think i'll fire my Pally back up and keep progressing. Double checked... he's 53 and my highest character so I'm sure I have a lot of MSQ ahead of me. We'll see how raiding goes once I get to that bridge. Just going to kick around for now so not even going to worry about raid taking atm.
It's not WoW, raid tanking is really easy, so don't feel like you have to be cautious.

It's easier than DPS because you get healed first and as Pally can go invulnerable or self heal to save a fuckup.

Boss facing almost never matters and tank swaps are rare and in the higher difficulty levels.

• 1Like

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Finished the 6.0 MSQ its a 10/10, ARR -> 6.0 is probably my favorite FF story ever which is funny that's its an MMO but they did a fantastic job. Haven't started 6.1 yet, running around trying to unlock the stuff i skipped (like Omega raid) on this character which I had done on my old datacenter. First time I am doing the allied ARR beast tribe quest and dude just came out in a yellow speedo sayin this:

View attachment 490758

I actually laughed, this game just gives no fuck's, I think the blue hairs on the WoW dev team would run out of the room seeing some of the ARR writing lmao.
I just did the part with the 1st Legion and Quintus blowing his brains out with a gun and seeing the blood splatter on the Garlemald Flag. No fucks given in this game!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Getting there, just a little bit to go

1694992028896.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users