FireTV Stick

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
better than Chromecast, and I can use Prime video. I'm in.

Yikes doesn't deliver until 17 DEC.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Will streaming audio apps have a MOTHER TRUCKING SCREENSAVER SO IT DOESN'T RUIN MY TV?

Christ, nearly every TV I looked at (including the LG I bought) would eventually cause burn-in because built in smart TV apps are dumb. Granted, not as big an issue in the age of LEDs but it can still happen.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Also impulse bought one for $19. I'm interested to compare it to the Chromecast.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
From what I can tell, it doesn't look like FireStick has just general media streaming/casting from websites like Chromecast has? Look like FireStick basically requires specific mobile apps to be compatible with it, you can't just send random video from random websites to it like you can with Chromecast. And it looks like zero controls for FireStick via PC or Laptop, it has to all be done with mobile devices only?(hence, the apps)

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The mirror tablet/phone feature reads like it should basically be unrestricted....

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The mirror tablet/phone feature reads like it should basically be unrestricted....
But then just from tablet/phone right? There's no functionality for controlling anything from a desktop/laptop?

Just trying to figure out the major differences here. I'm about to buy a 2nd Chromecast but thinking about trying one of these out instead.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Will streaming audio apps have a MOTHER TRUCKING SCREENSAVER SO IT DOESN'T RUIN MY TV?

Christ, nearly every TV I looked at (including the LG I bought) would eventually cause burn-in because built in smart TV apps are dumb. Granted, not as big an issue in the age of LEDs but it can still happen.
Bro how long do you keep the audio app running? It ain't gonna burn in after a few hours

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If you have Prime, it will discount it before you pay. It will show 40 in your cart until you're at the last screen where it shows tax, shipping, etc. You'll see a line for a -20.00 discount.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hopefully should be ordering one tomorrow - killed this month's budget already (moving this far suuuuuuucks), but checks/Amazon Giftcards for my birthday should start showing up soon (Nov 2nd) - and I'll certainly use one for this.

Siliconemelons

Can it be used just to watch Netflix etc? or does it have to stream from a device-and this is just the TVs portal...that's why I didn't like chrome cast... I just want to plug it in and watch Netflix etc...20$ I can reclaim my Ps3 from my kids room.