Poll First Retro Game of the Month

What game should we play first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
So we're going to try doing a Retro Game of the Month Club, where we select one retro game each month (most likely NES, SNES, or Genesis), play it, and discuss it. Because I got more suggestions than I was expecting, we've got a big list this month to choose from. Next time we'll get 1 suggestion per person with a cap at 10 titles.

You can choose up to 3 titles, the one with the most votes wins game for November. If you're not sure or you don't care which game gets picked (they're pretty much all excellent choices), might I suggest Soul Blazer, an Enix classic that deserves more attention!

The poll's open 3 days because I want everyone interested to get a chance to vote, but I don't want too much of the month to be gone by the time we get started.

• 8Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 8 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
ayy this will get me some use out of the snes classic, voting soul blazer~

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

I voted for three games I own and have never beat. I might try and replay Soulblader / Soulblazer if it wins, but it's a bit of a dull grindy game. It has some great music though.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
It'd be kind of interesting to play Super Mario RPG or Chrono Trigger seeing as I never played them. They never came out in the UK when I was growing up, and I've never had the time to go back and play them even though I play tons of JRPGs and consider it my favourite genre.

It'd be interesting to see how they feel to a completely fresh perspective.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Shining force should almost definitely instead be shining force II

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
1 just had a few huge problems that 2 fixed, mainly the incredibly slow movement/terrain penalty, and the absurdly random stats on level up. You could legitimately end up with characters that are unusable in 1 if you don’t get some attack in their first few level ups and progress a few battles. Then they will be stuck doing 1 damage to everything with no way to really level. Bleu was the biggest culprit, ends up being probably the best character assuming you don’t get unlucky (or just not level him the first battle).

2 has some good and bad chars, but they are pretty much always either good or bad every playthrough. Slade can be bad if you don’t level him the first battle or two after you get him, but I’ve never seen him bad when you actually level him.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm surprised at all the votes for A Link to the Past. I figure the vast majority of people would have played that one already, and probably multiple times.

• 1Like

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Let's play them both!
Well they are both in my Sega Mega Drive & Genesis Classics collections, so I'm game! I'm embarrassed to say I've never really played much of either.

• 1Salty