First World Problems

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Went to Chipotle for Lunch and got a burrito bowl. Had to wait 5 minutes for white rice that isn't contaminated with Cilantro and then the bitch puts CHEESE on it instead of LETTUCE. That's literally the fucking opposite of lettuce.
Just get the brown rice. It tastes better and is way better for you and isn't filled with cilantro.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why? Other than the fact that they give you a lot of food, there's nothing fundamentally unhealthy about it, especially if you avoid the sour cream, the guacamole, and the tortilla.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Went to Chipotle for Lunch and got a burrito bowl. Had to wait 5 minutes for white rice that isn't contaminated with Cilantro and then the bitch puts CHEESE on it instead of LETTUCE. That's literally the fucking opposite of lettuce.
Holy shit, I didn't know that was an option. I might try chipotle again. I also didn't know they had cilantro free brown rice.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Why? Other than the fact that they give you a lot of food, there's nothing fundamentally unhealthy about it, especially if you avoid the sour cream, the guacamole, and the tortilla.
What's the fucking point then?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
You can get white rice without Cilantro? Do they have to make up an entirely new batch and give you some before they add the cilantro and lime? That seems ridiculous.

almost as bad as the lady I was behind once who wanted onions, but not peppers, from the fajita veggie mix. The Chipotle employee stood there for 5 minutes picking onions out, one by one, with tongs until the lady said she had enough. It's the closest I've ever been to murder in my entire life.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Some people are just fucking nuts. Working in restaurants when I was a teen I learned real quick to fucking hate people. Somebody always wants something special. There is always one asshole out of the bunch that does not like the onions or cilantro or whatever the fuck. Its one thing to order special shit at a sit down place, where your food is made to order, but when you have troughs off the shit pre-made for lunch rush and some asshole wants no onion, youre like WTF?

Also whats wrong with sour cream, guacamole, or tortilla wrap? Jesus Christ. MODERATION, people....

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I think meat would be a more appropriate opposite of lettuce than cheese.

Jilariz_sl

shitlord
I'm going to get a kickstarter going to do a new fast food restaurant called Darwin's Express. Everything will have gluten, nuts, milk, fish, latex, and whatever else the fuck all the pussies are allergic to these days. When someone comes in to order gluten free, all the staff are instructed to publicly shame the person and throw them out. Same goes for if you want the meal a different way. It comes the way it comes, if you don't like it, nobody cares, get the fuck out. If Apple can do it with hardware and software, I can do it with a value meal.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You can get white rice without Cilantro? Do they have to make up an entirely new batch and give you some before they add the cilantro and lime? That seems ridiculous.

almost as bad as the lady I was behind once who wanted onions, but not peppers, from the fajita veggie mix. The Chipotle employee stood there for 5 minutes picking onions out, one by one, with tongs until the lady said she had enough. It's the closest I've ever been to murder in my entire life.
They always have another batch of rice cooking since they go through it so quickly, so you'd just have to wait a few minutes until that ones comes up and then get some before they put Cilantro all over it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Some people are just fucking nuts. Working in restaurants when I was a teen I learned real quick to fucking hate people. Somebody always wants something special. There is always one asshole out of the bunch that does not like the onions or cilantro or whatever the fuck. Its one thing to order special shit at a sit down place, where your food is made to order, but when you have troughs off the shit pre-made for lunch rush and some asshole wants no onion, youre like WTF?

Also whats wrong with sour cream, guacamole, or tortilla wrap? Jesus Christ. MODERATION, people....
There's really nothing wrong with eating at Chiptole at all, as long as you consider that it's in place of 2 meals...

Even the maximum you can stuff in a burrito only rings up around 1200 calories. Fine if you're skipping lunch or dinner.

That said, cutting out the tortilla is nearly 300 almost completely empty calories (and worse, there's apparently trans-fats in the tortillas unless it's changed recently, and unlike glutten and every other bullshit, transfats are proven to be unhealthy in ANY amount.)

Notch_sl

shitlord
Friend discloses to me that he had a nightmare which woke him from his sleep. I ask what it was. His reply: "I dreamed I was on vacation with my girlfriend; we were at an Argentine steakhouse and the service was poor."

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm single and currently renting, so my only real "plan" has just been to amass money so far and buy...something? House/condo/whatever, not really sure what. But that also largely depends on if I want to stay in Chicago long-term.

Could still live comfortably if I was investing 30% in whatever, I just don't even really know where to start with that. I guess I could dump 30% in to my companies 401k plan but that sounds kind of retarded.
Despite what America "knows" or has been taught, tax-deferred investments aren't a great idea. They benefit the gov't, not the retiree. If you can get a match in something, contribute up to that match, but otherwise, pay taxes now and put it into something that'll be tax-free when you access it; Roth or life insurance (whole life or IUL).

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Despite what America "knows" or has been taught, tax-deferred investments aren't a great idea. They benefit the gov't, not the retiree. If you can get a match in something, contribute up to that match, but otherwise, pay taxes now and put it into something that'll be tax-free when you access it; Roth or life insurance (whole life or IUL).
That's not always true. If you're in a higher tax bracket now than you will be after you retire (pretty likely since you wont have regular income) then you'll come out ahead.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's not always true. If you're in a higher tax bracket now than you will be after you retire (pretty likely since you wont have regular income) then you'll come out ahead.
You think taxes will be lower when we're older? They are at historically low levels now and can only go up. When it's time to retire you don't have kids as a write-off and a lot of people don't have home payments to write-off like they used to; overall tax bracket is equal or higher in many cases.

Again, what America has been told and what actually happens are two very different things. If a retirement advisor or money manager tells you that you only need equities (managed mutual funds, stocks, 401k/IRAs) then they shouldn't be in business and you need to find someone else.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Alright shit this blew up while I was out let me clear up some things here bros.

- Cilantro tastes like fucking stink bugs rolled around in soap and then covered in blood from someone who eats too many collard greens.
- The brown rice also has the cilantro horse shit.
- You can just ask for "Plain White Rice / Brown Rice"
- The bowl I get has <500 calories, 20g+ Protein
- The guacamole has Cilantro so that's out and white shit is bad for you so cheese/sour cream is out
- I get a bowl with Lettuce in it
- No they don't have to make a new batch every time you ask, they keep a batch ready to go in the cabinet and when it's time to replace the brown/white they just throw the poison concoction on it

What's up, my name is Zach AMA.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Chipotle nutrition:

A chicken burrito with white rice and red salsa... nothing else added: 1875mg sodium. That's 81% of the UPPER daily sodium allowance.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
FDA sodium guidelines are totally out of whack.

Sodium Guidelines 'Need to Be Rethought,' Experts Say

There's a bunch of science that backs this up.

The problem is twofold. One, the sodium guidelines are actually lower than is healthy. They're also completely out of touch with reality, which then causes people to ignore them completely and go way overboard on salt consumption.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Chipotle nutrition:

A chicken burrito with white rice and red salsa... nothing else added: 1875mg sodium. That's 81% of the UPPER daily sodium allowance.
I am eating an entire rack of ribs from Jack Stacks (plaza)as we speak. What's the sodium bro.?