For All Mankind

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
All the shit he's done since the beginning of the show to pave the road to Happy Valley and Ed Baldwin is hung up on 'something that will be there for everyone else when he's gone' !?

lol.

I said 'BOOM' as he got shot, was expecting an explosion, but otherwise so clearly telegraphed. Like so many plans this episode, theirs had to go sideways too.

Finale next week, ready for it to end but I know I'll miss it - much of that is still just nostalgia from prior seasons. I'll be disappointed but not surprised if this is not renewed.

Wonder if they'll have the asteroid hit Earth or Mars.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Lmao intro scene not even done and I'm already wtf. So over the constant self sabotaging and reckless endangerment on a Martian moonbase every episode.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Just catching up with this still. Ed and Margo are quite annoying, Margo is especially annoying stupid considering shes in Soviet Union. However just wrapped up episode 7 and that silly lead in to the DMX song was so well placed.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Halfway through season 2, the show fucks. I could see it getting retarded, but the alternative Space Race shit is just cool.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Halfway through season 2, the show fucks. I could see it getting retarded, but the alternative Space Race shit is just cool.
Honestly you can just stop after S2.

• 1Like
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Stop at 2 and savor the good memories. 3 isn't a total loss but it's a big downturn and then you're going to feel like you're committed for the life of the show and go on and watch the pretty bad fourth season.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I dont disagree with anything bad said about S4.

But I'm just saying, they could still redeem this show for me if it ended in a big disaster.

People making hilariously bad decisions for hilariously dumb reasons? I live in Clown World; thats the default expectation. If it all ends in a big disaster and a buncha people die, it would all make sense.

I'm not saying thats gonna happen. I'm sure it'll be some happy nonsense and a brown woman will save the day. I'm just saying its premature to write it off when a single massive explosion could still redeem it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
fill in the gaps

i ff anything to do w/ nogger musk, does he just want to live on marks w/ ed?

no one finds it hilarious it's been 9eps and hide a nork in a crate so lonely nork can bang, is still on the table?

the kid is retarded cuz he's half russian right?

did they ever say what happened/fake story about the milf fucker?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
fill in the gaps

i ff anything to do w/ nogger musk, does he just want to live on marks w/ ed?

no one finds it hilarious it's been 9eps and hide a nork in a crate so lonely nork can bang, is still on the table?

the kid is retarded cuz he's half russian right?

did they ever say what happened/fake story about the milf fucker?
nogger musk wants to steal the big bicycle rock. he wants it at mars instead of earth to drive interest in mars cause that's where he's invested.

i think the plan is to smuggle her up, then have her claim asylum on international space station soil, then find her some job on another part of the compound.

the russian guy didn't seem retarded, I think the kid is just autismo (will turn out to be a super duper genius).

they haven't even touched that plotline since the kid offed himself. I think it's done. They haven't gone back to Karen in a while.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I thought they did the spy reveal pretty well last episode. Guys who have been on the fringes and never really hinted at instead of converting a known central cast member into 'surprise, im also CIA!'

But I'm just saying, they could still redeem this show for me if it ended in a big disaster.

People making hilariously bad decisions for hilariously dumb reasons? I live in Clown World; thats the default expectation. If it all ends in a big disaster and a buncha people die, it would all make sense.

I'm not saying thats gonna happen. I'm sure it'll be some happy nonsense and a brown woman will save the day. I'm just saying its premature to write it off when a single massive explosion could still redeem it.

Kind of with you here, in fact I suggested it back in October:

More like 'yay, we won and got it back to earth to properly mine' followed by 'oh no, because of an interpersonal conflict we fucked up it's orbit, bye Europe'

Cleanup begins, testaments about how humanity's strengths are coming together in the end regardless of how bumpy things get, blah blah blah... credits roll, sun sets on the series. and Europe

I feel like, this can't just end happily. They'll give a couple of the cast a good sendoff, but we've gotta have something really climactic to wrap this up. I don't see them doing some hopes and dreams 'it all came together for the better and life went on' finale. It'll probably crash into Mars if anything though, a product of interrupting something as they disrupt the communications and then neither side gets sufficient control and * crash *.

But hey, look on the bright side! Having it end up ON Earth or on Mars simplifies the mining operations.

DickTrickle

A big explosion would make people pay for their stupidity but it doesn't make any of the characters who weren't interesting suddenly interesting.

I agree that they can still make an ending that is intriguing but that only does so much for the way the show has gone. If this show advances another decade I don't see myself being interested in any of the current characters except maybe Dev.

A much bigger time jump that resets most of the cast as they begin a journey to Titan or Europa could be a fun pivot but given how they've hung on to the characters so far I don't really see something that radical happening.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Repeating season 3 finale seems dumb

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Anyone with half a brain investigating Sergei's suicide is going to look at that hamburger and how its all spread out and realize dude was murdered.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Fair point, but we live in a world where "Epstein didnt kill himself" is considered a conspiracy theory. It doesnt seem that setting up accurate and realistic suicide scenes is necessary at all in the real world so I'm fine with it being the same in TV world.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Finale spoilers. I guess I'm mostly OK with it, but the ending was as weak as the balance of the season was.

- Everyone is watching Margo, she had no opportunity to send the reset command. Entire premise for that was pretty dumb.
- So the search for life and everything Ed's daughter was on this season for was completely abandoned after multiple 'hey, this shit over here looks promising' scenes. So she was only there just for the interpersonal conflict with her dad and a vehicle to get Dev there. Lame.
- It felt like they intended for Poole to die, and then went back on it and decided to have her make it to retirement instead
- This has to be the worst stinger for a fast forward yet. 'they built on the asteroid' - though the station on the asteroid w/ a Russian name could suggest something more ominous, seemingly named after a Russian Admiral, but probably just reinforcing that Russia continues their investment, compelled by the asteroid in orbit.
- Part of me is kind of happy this wasn't yet another traumatic ending, though getting through these 10 episodes was trauma enough in some respects.

Unlike the first 2 seasons, this was a very forgettable 10 episodes. If it gets a season 5 which comes close to redeeming itself it might even be worth skipping this decade.

DickTrickle

What an aggressively silly final episode.

This really feels like a Sons of Anarchy arc for the show. All we need is Ed Baldwin riding a rocket ship into the sun to cap it off.

Beyond dumb to think that the Russians would let the Americans get Margo back so they could completely interrogate her about all the workings of Star City. In real life she would probably get the Navalny treatment.

I like how they think anybody gives two flying fucks about the Korean dude's wife, like we have any emotional investment in that storyline. Further, it's completely fucking stupid to think that you can smuggle on a dozen people and have it go off swimmingly when it's a 30-day trip.

Final episode was super sloppy about timing constantly. As an example, they said there was a 5-minute gap between Earth and Mars for uploading the code and they upload the code with something like two minutes remaining, which means it would have been too late anyway. You might think the NASA clock was set to account for the lag time but when Dani tells Palmer to go out it shows 75% remaining on Mars and 75% remaining when they get the message on Earth.

I like how they had something like 25 people ready to invade North Korea with weapons at the end after starting out with something like six normal people being deputized earlier in the show.

Just tons of shit the characters do that doesn't make any sense because they can't think of any better way to write it. Aleida leaving for a half hour or more shortly before one of the biggest missions in NASA history? No biggie!

Just in general how little any of them took the seriousness of their actions. Everyone involved with the theft should be looking at life in jail but it wouldn't surprise me to see none of them going to jail at all. Dev's just going to be able to live up there without any problems the rest of his life?

The end was very unexciting, as well. I didn't really expect much more but I don't think that's really much of a teaser for the next season. Can't wait to watch a bunch of factory logistics and transport being worked on! I thought maybe they would somehow work in a teaser regarding Kelly's work but I guess that was just a discarded story.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Finale spoilers. I guess I'm mostly OK with it, but the ending was as weak as the balance of the season was.

- Everyone is watching Margo, she had no opportunity to send the reset command. Entire premise for that was pretty dumb.
- So the search for life and everything Ed's daughter was on this season for was completely abandoned after multiple 'hey, this shit over here looks promising' scenes. So she was only there just for the interpersonal conflict with her dad and a vehicle to get Dev there. Lame.
- It felt like they intended for Poole to die, and then went back on it and decided to have her make it to retirement instead
- This has to be the worst stinger for a fast forward yet. 'they built on the asteroid' - though the station on the asteroid w/ a Russian name could suggest something more ominous, seemingly named after a Russian Admiral, but probably just reinforcing that Russia continues their investment, compelled by the asteroid in orbit.
- Part of me is kind of happy this wasn't yet another traumatic ending, though getting through these 10 episodes was trauma enough in some respects.

Unlike the first 2 seasons, this was a very forgettable 10 episodes. If it gets a season 5 which comes close to redeeming itself it might even be worth skipping this decade.
I really struggle to think of any drama that had a good start with a weak middle but was still able to finish up strong, especially one with a continuing character arc (versus something like an anthology that has a constant reset). Feels like once you go off the rails there's no getting back on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user