Formula 1 and MotoGP - Racing

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah Stake Kick is the old Alfa Romeo. It's funny though that they can't even run the Stake name in some of the countries.

“We were Alfa Romeo F1 Team Stake in certain countries and Alfa Romeo F1 Team Kick [elsewhere],” team representative Alessandro Alunni Bravi told media including RaceFans at the team’s launch in London today.

“We will have also this year two different team names according to the different countries where we are going to race in order to comply with applicable local laws. Where Stake is prohibited because there are restrictions on gambling advertising we will use Kick within our team name.

And yes Alpha Tauri is now called Visa Cash App RB. So stupid.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I watched all of the first morning (4 hours). The testing show is really good! They cycle people in and out of the combox and Ted, Will Buxton, and the newish guy Sam Collins who continues to impress me (he's like a mini Ted) in the pit lane.

It's like a mix of the F1 tv people and Sky. The only thing missing is Brundle out at trackside. No Crofty either.

On the porpoising, Merc still looks rough, and Ass I mean Haas, but who knows it might be completely fuel dependent.

62 gigs just for 2 days of testing. I may not keep these after :emoji_laughing:

My racing collection is up to 4TB going back to 2010 when I got into it.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I watched all of the first morning (4 hours). The testing show is really good! They cycle people in and out of the combox and Ted, Will Buxton, and the newish guy Sam Collins who continues to impress me (he's like a mini Ted) in the pit lane.

It's like a mix of the F1 tv people and Sky. The only thing missing is Brundle out at trackside. No Crofty either.

On the porpoising, Merc still looks rough, and Ass I mean Haas, but who knows it might be completely fuel dependent.

62 gigs just for 2 days of testing. I may not keep these after :emoji_laughing:

My racing collection is up to 4TB going back to 2010 when I got into it.

you need to buy more HDDs

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The hulk in drive to survive looks a bit like Guile from street fighter :emoji_laughing:
Screenshot_20240224_123909.png

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm halfway into drive to survive. Love Claire Williams, glad they got her.

The main downer of this season is all the fake radio. For awhile I thought maybe they were just using clips from the broadcast, but then the generic "push" stuff keeps getting overused.

Most of the time they are telling them to lay off to save fuel etc. The real giveaway was "overtake available" when it was pouring with rain :emoji_laughing:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Not sure what you mean. I say "Mode, push" about everything in life, especially in the bathroom

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
i could dig up streams and stuff, but does anyone sub to F1TV? Any issues/complaints?

First time going into a sports season w/out a core TV service (had YTTV the last few years). Can leverage mom's DirecTV for some things, but probably going without and then will consider my options come football season.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I do. I don’t have espn or anything and I need my F1. No major complaints, but I’m easy going.

• 1Like

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
i could dig up streams and stuff, but does anyone sub to F1TV? Any issues/complaints?

First time going into a sports season w/out a core TV service (had YTTV the last few years). Can leverage mom's DirecTV for some things, but probably going without and then will consider my options come football season.
I've been using it for the last few years. It works well. My only complaint is that fast forwarding/rewinding on a Roku functions the same way a VCR does. You just have to do 1,2,3x speed and guesstimate it. The AppleTV version works fine, and you can just use the slider to FF/REW very quickly.

Oh and the price went up $5 this year.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
1709680766691.png

1709680773385.png

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Red Bull built a super fast drone that can keep up with an F1 car around a track. The chase cam footage is spectacular and I don't say that lightly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Thought someone might challenge red bull today but I guess not. They are going to run away with it this year. Good race by the 18 year old.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah Bearman really stepped up, he has a few more of those and teams are gonna throw money at him for next season.

Also, lol at Mag getting 20 seconds in penalties in a span of 2 minutes. :emoji_laughing:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Kmag making friends out there again haha. That was actually really entertaining with the brand new kid and the kmag fun.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Someone noticed from the onboard that the Ferrari kid's head was flopping around near the end of the race :emoji_laughing:

Impressive that he could keep it out of the wall with his noggin bashing his headrest in.