Foundation

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

There's no denying this looks polished and visually stunning. I just struggle to get past the seemingly poor story (maybe I'm not smart enough to appreciate it) and the majority of really poor actors excluding Harris and Pace.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I don't think the books are really translateable onto the screen. It was inevitable that the show would be barely recognizable from the books. It wasn't inevitable that the show would be this disappointing though.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
sure they could translate coherently into tv shows, by doing a season x each time period. Would be waaay too long tho and way too expensive to risk it i reckon (as it would have to be a multiseason show a la GoT)....and yes books are considerably different, was my first sf saga i read and to this day my favourite.

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's a show all about the base level of cosmetics that most women wear on a daily basis.

• 1Worf
  • 1Rimshot

Goatface

didn't math chick end up like 100+ years later than strong chick on the distance planet?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
didn't math chick end up like 100+ years later than strong chick on the distance planet?
There's was lots of cryo sleep with strong chick and they ended up on the water planet together. It was dumb as fuck.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Isn't math black chick the mother of strong black chick..? Hilarious that I do not remember their names.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I can accept that the book as written is basically unfilmable. The merging of ideas from other books was something Asimov did himself, and where they did this with the Empire storyline it worked very well. Pallet swaps? Don't care if they could act (Magic Math and Magic Strong Wakandan could not) or it was well written. None of the Terminus stuff was well written or executed, just tons of plot armor bullshit. Math Chick in space was just outright retarded and shit they made up whole cloth just to add another magical space negro woman to the show, because one was not pandering enough.

Torn, because the stuff with Empire was excellent, but the other half of the show was garbage (except when Harris was on screen). I will give season two a try because Pace and Harris were so excellent, but if its Magical Space Sheeboon Adventures, I am out. Fucking waste of potential.

• 2Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Lee Pace is in great shape... Holy cow. Glad to see we are still getting a lot of Empire, though I somehow doubt the genetic dynasty will survive this season.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The show grinds to a fucking halt every time the Magical Space Nogs are on the screen. It makes zero sense because we are basically mostly completely off the reservation in terms of following the source material at the moment, so why is there such a disparity between the Empire and Henry stuff vs those two? I mean yes acting ability can account for some of it, but Jesus Hitler Christ the dialog and story parts of those two was SO far below the rest of the opening episode it was positively jarring. Do they have one set of writers doing one thing and another led by a retard handling the Magical Space Nogs? Because it sure as fuck seems like two completely different shows.

Anyhow, will keep watching as long as they don't fuck up the Empire stuff. Unfortunately for him, Jared Harris is stuck working with the other two.

• 1Solidarity

Goatface

Can someone remind me why Hari is pissed at math girl?
the 2nd copy of hari was in the knife, she took it from the ship, so there isn't a 2nd foundation. unless the ship had another copy.
1689540132730.png

she said she moved it from the knife to the prime radiant dealo while talking to strong woman

edit - prime radiant said he was damaged, guess from being stuck in there for 100+ years.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
just watch empire scenes and some Hari stuff and you wont miss anything important. other plots are so bad they make the show near unwatchable. I wonder if apple pays any attention to how many people are skipping past all the garbage. and if it is a meaningful number of people.