<Medals Crew>
WMA-06_09_24-MORNING-22_31.png

• 2WTF
  • 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Sadly all too true. I worked for an electrical contractor that's in the top 10 largest in the US. My brother , who works for a large NC electrical contractor, asked me if any of my fellow PM's has practical electrical experience. Sadly it was me and one other guy in our office. My brother said zero (0) people in his office have any work experience and he spends all day reviewing their work.

Real fun telling someone that not only is their idea not allowed by any electrical code but is also physically impossible.

GIS Electrician

Attachments

• 0fdbce72cbb55ba6c87495876d70f37e.jpg
    0fdbce72cbb55ba6c87495876d70f37e.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sadly all too true. I worked for an electrical contractor that's in the top 10 largest in the US. My brother , who works for a large NC electrical contractor, asked me if any of my fellow PM's has practical electrical experience. Sadly it was me and one other guy in our office. My brother said zero (0) people in his office have any work experience and he spends all day reviewing their work.

Real fun telling someone that not only is their idea not allowed by any electrical code but is also physically impossible.

GIS Electrician
I used to work for a sales office selling to mechanical contractors and plumbing contractors in NYC. We would spend all day with engineers on the phone designing stuff. I would then spend the all night on the phone with the contractor PM telling him how to install it. I would go walk the job site before inspection and half the shit would need to be ripped out and reinstalled. I'm talking stupid shit like backflow valves installed backwards when there is a fucking arrow on it. The construction industry as a whole is fucked.

b6ra828zd8ra1.jpg

• 9Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 9 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I used to work for a sales office selling to mechanical contractors and plumbing contractors in NYC. We would spend all day with engineers on the phone designing stuff. I would then spend the all night on the phone with the contractor PM telling him how to install it. I would go walk the job site before inspection and half the shit would need to be ripped out and reinstalled. I'm talking stupid shit like backflow valves installed backwards when there is a fucking arrow on it. The construction industry as a whole is fucked.

View attachment 532230
Sadly, not just construction. One of the parts vendors I used told me before he got into construction sales he worked for a medical device company. They sold replacement joint parts (knee/hip/etc). His job was to be on call at all times to attend surgeries that required installation of their products to make sure the surgeon installed them correctly. He told me most of the time the doctors (who do this for a living) would attempt to install the joints upside down.

9494.jpg

• 2Rustled
  • 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Those stupid fucking things were everywhere in the early 2010s. A buddy of mine was in a bike club where the entrance requirement was you had to build one. Some were legit 7 feet off the ground. I asked him how you stop at a stoplight with them and his response was “You don’t.”

IMG_5305.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users