Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I am not normally one to argue around here, but I had to say something in response to this nonsense.

Only the ignorant, or the ideologically driven, go around throwing these sorts of numbers around like they are fact.

PLEASE, educate yourself.

For starters, Testicular Cancer is not as prevalent as Breast Cancer, and gets far less attention.
It helps that even the WORST cases have a ~72% chance of survival BECAUSE OF CHEMO THERAPY.

rrr_img_48123.png

Yes, some cancers are almost impossible to fight and its sometimes better to just live as fully as possible until it either goes away or kills you. But not all.
rrr_img_48124.png

Saying ALL cancer is this way, only risks taking the hope that an equally ignorant person has, and helps fuel the ridiculous hate of pharmaceutical companies that create the drugs used to treat cancer.
They continue to do so, in spite of the MASSIVE costs and risks involved in trying to (often futilely) save people suffering from such deadly issues.

NO ONE (sane) likes to be told they are dieing. NO ONE likes to be fed chemicals that may not work in preventing their death. And NO ONE likes it when their friends and family die is SPITE of the steps taken to try and save them... But blaming the companies that create the chemo that failed to save them, is like blaming aspirin manufacturers for not stopping your heart attack, or antacid manufacturers for not preventing that ulcer from hemorrhaging. Or insulin manufacturers for not stopping your diabetes from destroying your vascular system, leading to blindness and amputation.

Its not their fault anyone gets cancer, and blaming them for not saving more is stupid.
Instead of being hateful, be thankful for those that get saved, and try to make the lives of those who aren't as full as possible, till the end.

/rant
No one is being hateful. It's just a statistical fact that chemo treatment groups versus groups not receiving chemo doesn't have a huge difference when you look at cancer across the board. Some cancers do respond better to chemo, others not at all. No one is blaming the chemo for not working, but it's simple math that it doesn't make a huge difference when you look at both the monetary and physical costs. If you have a cancer that responds well to chemo, by all means give it a try. But if you have one that only has a modest improvement from chemo when you look at the statistics, you need to do the cost-benefit analysis. It might extend your life a few months, but those months will be miserable.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Interesting info. I just found out that I have some genetic disorder that makes me deathly allergic to most forms of chemotherapy. Hopefully I don't get cancer and if I do hopefully it doesn't matter that I can't do chemo.

rrr_img_48129.jpg

apraetor

<Silver Donator>
Interesting info. I just found out that I have some genetic disorder that makes me deathly allergic to most forms of chemotherapy. Hopefully I don't get cancer and if I do hopefully it doesn't matter that I can't do chemo.

rrr_img_48129.jpg
You could still be treated with cisplatin, assuming you don't also have a platinum allergy.

What's the point of wearing all that armor if they aren't bothering to put on their helmet?
Several reasons actually. Some canonical and others nerd-o-logical.

On the canonical side all Space Marines commanders/sergeants/officers forgo their helmet for three reasons:

1) Better situational awareness as the helmet limits their field of view (i.e. Similar to how tank commanders in today's war theaters must poke their head out of their hatch to observe the battlefield on occasion)

2) To identify themselves as fearless leaders and inspire courage amongst their unit

3) There have been stories of Space Marines being able to smell their enemy (i.e. Identifying the stench of Ork filth etc.) without their helmets on far before making visual contact

On the nerd-o-logical side:It is a way of better distinguishing your hero-type characters to yourself and others on the battlefield when playing 40k in table top (not that I would know anything about that because that's totally for nerds).

Oblig:
tumblr_mvc4xyfqu61rcpwn9o1_1280.jpg

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
That shit bothers me, Louie shouldn't be the forefront of comedy idols. It should be Lenny Bruce as the main focal point with Pryor/Carlin below him then Stanhope, Hicks, Louie and I thought the black guy was Patrice but I looked again and have no idea who that's supposed to be. Not saying they are the greats but going off that picture, that would be my lineup.
rrr_img_48153.jpg

rrr_img_48154.jpg