Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
For 3 years anyway.
Oldest was Miss Georgia 2019.
Miss Georgia? Reddit says these are Canadians...

t3_4l4y3n.jpg

• 17Like
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 21 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>

Reminds me of Dock Ellis.

37691_938x1596.jpg

Ellis was enjoying an off-day. On Wednesday, the Pirates had wrapped up a series against the Giants in San Francisco and were scheduled to take the field next in San Diego on Friday (when Ellis’ turn in the rotation came up.) An LA native, Ellis decide that the off day offered a chance to party with some friends back home and he rented a car and headed to the City of Angels. Wednesday night, legend has it, Ellis and friends enjoyed an evening that included LSD, marijuana and alcohol – finally winding down in the early morning hours. As Ellis tells it, he woke up Thursday and, confident he’d have plenty of time to recover before Friday’s start, dropped another tab of LSD.

To counteract the effects of the LSD, Ellis decided a sensible course would be to take a few Benzedrine tablets. Ellis would later say he pitched primarily in a fog, throwing the ball – which felt at times small and at other times unusually heavy and large – down a “multi-colored path” to his catcher, Jerry May. Among the stranger “events” Ellis later reported occurring during the game were at various points believing Richard Nixon was umpiring the game; Jimi Hendrix was at the plate with a guitar for a bat; and his exclamation of “Ooh, I just scored a touchdown.” after successfully covering first on a fielding play.

The final result (celebrated today) was a 2-0 win for the Pirates, with Ellis tossing nine innings, with no hits, no runs, eight walks, one hit batsman, and six strikeouts.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
  • 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users