AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Marines-11_11_22-1-39.jpeg

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Reminds of jayne wayne day, basically bring wife/child/familymember to work day in the Marines. I personally got to enjoy being a "guardian angel" during all of it, that meant I was supposed to shoot someone if they started doing sketchy things with the demo weapons.

Since I was in an artillery unit, that meant going out to a firing point setting up a few 155mm guns and doing some "direct fire". Basically you shoot the guns straight at a target like a regular firearm more or less. Obviously you cant be close as 155mm rounds have a 100mm kill radius iirc so you have to be 1km maybe 2 from the impact area.

Well they set every thing up, not just the artillery guns but also a few 50cal machine guns and some m240s, some M-16s etc. to show off. Now from a visual perspective, 1-2 155mm guns firing a few rounds viewed from a kilometer or so away isnt impressive. Firing is loud yes and it is a bit of a ballet to see gun crews in action but the money shot is meh. Since they where basically firing into the side of a small mountain its just puffs of smoke with some dirt being blown around off in the distance.

But it was also jayne wayne day for an air unit. No idea if it was coordinated but shortly after my unit was done shooting a dozen or so 155mm rounds, 3-4 cobras and huey gunships pretty much flew over us and just unloaded with everything they had. Probably 40-50 70mm missles a dozen hellfires and hundreds of rounds from their cannons and miniguns all at once all while dumping some flares. It was fucking michael bay movie, just large explosions with big fireballs, shockwaves imitating from the impacts of the hellfires. Fucking beautiful Its like they where laughing at our pitiful display.

Cobra on patrol during my final mission in northern Iraq close to the Syrian border;

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0191.JPG

• 15Like
Reactions: 14 users