Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Me3HK6P.jpg

• 16Like
  • 7Mother of God
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 27 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A long time ago when I first started using reddit - I used to be in some sub that would give you a writing prompt. This one person put up a story similar to this and it just made me want to find similar books but I just never found one that made me want to dive into it like this writing prompt did.

The whole story is told to you from a 1st person perspective. A deadly attack happens and you're called into a war meeting. Only to learn that what was attacking your ship was actually humans, and you're an alien. With bits of lore on Humans coming into the galaxy with low tech, slowly migrating to planets. They bargained and stole the tech they needed to get more and more advanced - now, their ingenuity has put them in a position of the most technologically advanced super predators in space. ... and thats when the prompt ended. Trust me when I say that what little I do remember, I did a disservice to what was written. I wanted the story to keep going so badly. I absolutely love the idea that Humans are the real true threat between all the universe - not the stereotypical reverse situation. Ender's game was a pretty close match to the stories situation, but I just got this social justice warrior, constantly whining, type of feeling from it and thats just not my cup of tea.

Y5LAP8I5Rux0DK4U92NopMF3OQWjTEMIL8LRTV9vrMQ.jpg

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
A long time ago when I first started using reddit - I used to be in some sub that would give you a writing prompt. This one person put up a story similar to this and it just made me want to find similar books but I just never found one that made me want to dive into it like this writing prompt did.

The whole story is told to you from a 1st person perspective. A deadly attack happens and you're called into a war meeting. Only to learn that what was attacking your ship was actually humans, and you're an alien. With bits of lore on Humans coming into the galaxy with low tech, slowly migrating to planets. They bargained and stole the tech they needed to get more and more advanced - now, their ingenuity has put them in a position of the most technologically advanced super predators in space. ... and thats when the prompt ended. Trust me when I say that what little I do remember, I did a disservice to what was written. I wanted the story to keep going so badly. I absolutely love the idea that Humans are the real true threat between all the universe - not the stereotypical reverse situation. Ender's game was a pretty close match to the stories situation, but I just got this social justice warrior, constantly whining, type of feeling from it and thats just not my cup of tea.

I get what you are saying about Ender's Game but I always read the tone and the ending as a soldier's regret, rather than Progressive/liberal/SJW/Marxist one. I was young when I read it and have never revisited it, so that may have been my 14 year old interpretation.

Cool personal thing about Ender's Game; that was the first place I remember reading about an Online world/MMO-esque experience.

Image requirement:
forever-war.jpg

Attachments

• 21611.jpg
    21611.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

pyrric victory alien story greentext.png

1694143586749388.jpg

1694117431997878.jpg

1693946943709862.jpg

1694082369518079.jpg

orange cassidy chimp.png

• 7Like
  • 2WTF
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
The 4Chan reminds me a little of the Greg Bear sequel to the "Forge of God", "Anvil of Stars"

1694215134632.png

Spoilers for the Forge of God in the summary for Anvil of Stars:

Both of these books are great, short for 2023 reads (less than 500 pages) Anvil came out in 1992.

Summary:
In the novel, volunteers from among survivors of the recently destroyed Earth are sent on a quest by a mysterious race of beings known as "The Benefactors" to find and destroy "The Killers", the civilization responsible for the Earth's destruction. The Benefactors' Law requires the "Destruction of all intelligences responsible for or associated with the manufacture of self-replicating and destructive devices."

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

1694215372072.png

This is the closest I can think of to what you're talking about.

Story is linked in its entirety.

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users