Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Asshat Caepan

Asshat of the Year 2020
rrr_img_90994.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
KB Toys and Funcoland were the shit. Toys R Us was cool back when I was a kid, but its pretty shitty now. Not just because im an adult, but because everything is super expensive, and their selection is garbage.

I had some great scores at KB's all the way up until they closed. They would always get the most random shit and just throw it up in a bin and surround it by those dogs doing backflips.

Funcoland was equally as awesome. I loved the dust sleeves they would send your NES games in. Too bad Gamestop bought everyone out, and turned the used game business in to shit.
I used to work for Software Etc/Babbages(Eventually to become Gamestop) back in the late 90s, and when we first started accepting used-game trade-ins for store credit, we gave a flat $1 for ANY old NES cartridge.

Well, Funcoland sold copies of Super Mario/Duck Hunt for 10 cents. And they had HUNDREDS of them. Me and a co-worker visited every store in the city and bought ~550 copies of Super Mario/Duck Hunt for $55 + tax and turned it into $550 in store credit at our store.

1 week letter a company-wide email went to all stores alerting them that we were no longer accepting trade-ins of Super Mario/Duck hunt for $1.

I bought a $300 8 MB 3DFX Voodoo 2 video card for what was basically a $30 investment.

diamondv2.jpg

I used to die a little inside when kids would come in and trade in awesome RPGs like Final Fantasy for $1, knowing full well that places like FuncoLand would pay 10 times that.

I used to work for Software Etc/Babbages(Eventually to become Gamestop) back in the late 90s, and when we first started accepting used-game trade-ins for store credit, we gave a flat $1 for ANY old NES cartridge.

Well, Funcoland sold copies of Super Mario/Duck Hunt for 10 cents. And they had HUNDREDS of them. Me and a co-worker visited every store in the city and bought ~550 copies of Super Mario/Duck Hunt for $55 + tax and turned it into $550 in store credit at our store.

1 week letter a company-wide email went to all stores alerting them that we were no longer accepting trade-ins of Super Mario/Duck hunt for $1.

I bought a $300 8 MB 3DFX Voodoo 2 video card for what was basically a $30 investment.

I used to die a little inside when kids would come in and trade in awesome RPGs like Final Fantasy for $1, knowing full well that places like FuncoLand would pay 10 times that.
Those were the days. Software Etc, EB Games, Suncoast, Funcoland, Warehouse, it was nice to have variety and competition. Plus there were a shit ton of independent game stores back then as well. I used to frequent several of them.

There is only one independent place by me now. They have an awesome selection of vintage stuff, but have asshole prices. Im usually cool with spending a little more for the convenience of being able to see what im buying in person an get it right away, but the prices are way beyond that.

Its no wonder "Collectible" shops are a thing of the past. I think they all forgot people have little devices in their pockets that give them access to the entire world.

rrr_img_91088.jpg

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Just found a pic of Bart Simpson, post tranny-op.

CoNaNIdb6Jcl.jpg

I'd still eat her shorts.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Those were the days. Software Etc, EB Games, Suncoast, Funcoland, Warehouse, it was nice to have variety and competition. Plus there were a shit ton of independent game stores back then as well. I used to frequent several of them.

There is only one independent place by me now. They have an awesome selection of vintage stuff, but have asshole prices. Im usually cool with spending a little more for the convenience of being able to see what im buying in person an get it right away, but the prices are way beyond that.

Its no wonder "Collectible" shops are a thing of the past. I think they all forgot people have little devices in their pockets that give them access to the entire world.
Kind of the same deal here. Game Over Videogames stocks Atari, NES, SNES, MEGA, Genesis, and sometimes some old Colecovision or super old shit, but the prices are generally ridiculous, and anything of any substance is always sold rather quickly.

rrr_img_91094.jpg