G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I like a lot of his movies really. Faster, Gridiron Gang, Journey 2 was pretty okay as was The Rundown. I'll watch Walking Tall if I see it on TV and I really liked his character in Be Cool.

And he latched on to the Fast and Furious franchise and Fast 5 was good and the new one looks like it'll be pretty good as well.

But yes, he's in a lot of shit too.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
well the Cobra Soldiers handing out recruitment fliers at the Smithsonian was pretty cool.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
... curious about the cliff side ninja scene that is in the trailer and it was nothing much (to be fair, I saw a corean action movie last week called The Thieves that has the most insane action scene on the side of a building since Tsui Hark's Time and Tides).
That scene on the side of the building in thieves has to be in the top 10 of all action sequences ever filmed.

spronk

FPS noob
ugh, just watched the "extended" bluray rip of this, what a waste of time. I love mindless action films, and there were 2 or 3 good fight/action sequences in here, but mostly just a real crappy movie. I guess not Atlantic Rim or Sharknado crappy, but nowhere as entertaining as Fast Furious 6 or even Last Stand (Arnolds latest crappy movie).

The first GI Joe was pretty shitty due to marlon wayans but had some cool scifi/tech in it. For the sequel they went back to a more military low-tech route which is fine, but Bruce Willis sleepwalked in this movie just like his latest Die Hard, and RZA as an old, blind Kung Fu master was fucking bizarre and awful.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah... i love me some willis as much as the next guy... but it's clear that he was cast as Bruce Willis. i assume the director told him to act more "bruce willis-y"

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
ugh, just watched the "extended" bluray rip of this, what a waste of time. I love mindless action films, and there were 2 or 3 good fight/action sequences in here, but mostly just a real crappy movie. I guess not Atlantic Rim or Sharknado crappy, but nowhere as entertaining as Fast Furious 6 or even Last Stand (Arnolds latest crappy movie).

The first GI Joe was pretty shitty due to marlon wayans but had some cool scifi/tech in it. For the sequel they went back to a more military low-tech route which is fine, but Bruce Willis sleepwalked in this movie just like his latest Die Hard, and RZA as an old, blind Kung Fu master was fucking bizarre and awful.
Pretty much how I felt watching it this weekend. RZA...ugh. He sucked the life right out of Man with the Iron Fists too. Interestingly enough, I hated the "kung fu" elements of this movie more than the rest of it, particularly the stupid as fuck rope swinging scenes. If I want to watch stuff like that I'll watch a good kung fu movie, not GI Joe, because a kung fu movie will focus almost entirely on that kind of stylistic fighting, not try to shoehorn it in like this one did.

Movie was fairly terrible. They even gave us a terrible reflection tease of Adrianne Palicki's sweet, sweet ass instead of the real thing. Bleh.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Just horrible from start to finish. I wanted it to reasonably ok like the first one but nope. I knew it was gonna suck when they start with long narration explaining who was who and. What happened. Very lazy writing did nOt give a fuck about the chars, even the ninjas who I loved as a kid.

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
Fell asleep about a hour and a half in, god damn long ass winded piece of shit movie would never end it seemed like
frown.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it would have been better if "the rock" played, "the rock" instead of roadblock. Who the hell even remembers roadblock? hell, they shortened his named to calling him "block!" most of the time, sounds just like rock. The black-fu really annoyed me, why they constantly let RZA shit on asian -themed movies/scenes i don't know. Hell, they messed up characterization SO much that between storm shadow and snake eyes... I was like "oh storm shadow is cool". (to byung-hun's credit he is a really good actor if you've also seen his korean movies, actually probably the most veteran actor since let's face it bruce willis just imported his die hard 1 persona) Really... the only good thing about this movie? there's no marlon wayans.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The best part that made this even watchable was that clown dying in the beginning.