Game Pass for Xbox and PC

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you have an Xbox you can autoredeem 10500 a month to get Game Pass Ultimate, that seems to be the 'cheapest.'

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Huh... looks like it happened two weeks ago. It does look like it's been removed for the Ultimate option only, but it cost 12k points with level 2 for one month.
Checking this reddit thread someone said it happens sometimes and may come back, but at the bottom someone else mentions it's been removed for the 12k option, and even that has been removed for the 35k, which we both seem to have.
Well that sucks, I was planning on getting the pass soon for pc only....
thanks for posting this. i hadn't noticed this until today as I usually redeem my new month's sub at the end of the month.

that really sucks... I guess the writing has been on the wall, as they've been steadily increasing the points required to redeem for a new month's sub.
The PC Gamepass platform has been growing in market share, it's definitely taken over more of my play time than Steam/Epic/other platforms, so the hook is definitely sunk. With MS's recent acquisitions and the reduction in lag between general launch and Gamepass launch, I guess they've gotta start increasing revenue

here's to hoping that the link comes back up soon...

Last edited:

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
aaaaand it's back today, phew!
someone on reddit was suggesting that it was pulled because a new batch of redemption codes had to be regenerated
anywho, we're back baby!

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Beat HiFi Rush this weekend after playing on and off for the last week. Mix of Devil May Cry style combat tied to rhythm for combat bonuses with surprisingly decent writing and great art/animations. Gamepass gem for sure.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've been looking for something to play, but I don't really know what. Something like Mario 64, a turn based game, or maybe some kind of interesting puzzle type game. Something good and engaging, but not infuriating.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
On Gamepass I think the closest to Mario 64 would be Pyschonauts 2 (was enjoyable) or Super Lucky Tale games (never played). Turn based the Wasteland series games are great. Return to Monkey Island was decent for a puzzle game.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Have you played Tunic? Isometric, pretty challenging. Leans towards infuriating, though.

spronk

FPS noob
play gamepass roulette, install 10 random games try each one delete if you aren't immediately hooked

its like being a kid and going to blockbuster on weekends but way, way faster

i still remember being super sad renting Xanadu thinking its a D&D kinda movie from the cover and it was some shit musical my sisters loved

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Or if you have a halfway competent connection you don't even need to install them, you can stream them.

This also lets you play some games that are otherwise console exclusive, like The Show, on PC.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Or if you have a halfway competent connection you don't even need to install them, you can stream them.

This also lets you play some games that are otherwise console exclusive, like The Show, on PC.
Yes. Playing stuff on the cloud is surprisingly good. Definitely good enough to try something out first before getting a giant download.

Caliane

most gamepass games I've played have come with DLC.

Skyrim had everything for the Anniversary edition.

Pillars 2 atm has seeker,slayer, survivor dlc, beast of winter dlc, forgotten sanctum dlc, all paid dlcs. and the free ones as well.
What you get in gamepass is Ultimate edition.

Depends on the release dates I suppose.

edit:
looking at some other games. fallout 76 is base game only, no dlc. outer worlds is base game only, no dlc.
humankind is base only.

dishonored is Definitive edition. game and all 4 dlc.

it DOES seem like its "definitive editions" etc that get the DLC included. single packages that have everything. not separate dlc's.
So no, Civ 6 won't have the DLC. theres no "definitive, ultimate, directors" cut version Also the image would say that if it were.

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's hit or miss to the point that I don' t think it's an overt strategy outside of the EA titles. EA has their own PC subscription that gives you the full version of everything while the vault titles are typically the base games unless they're old enough that the 'complete' version is now the only one offered.