Gaming Chairs

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I am looking for a new chair. I want something that's going to be comfortable for long-term gaming sessions, but I've heard from several people those car racing looking chairs that 98% of streamers use are overwhelmingly terrible and not very comfortable yet they seem to make every single list for the "best gaming chairs" and such. I need to find some kind of alternative, or one of those kind of chairs that's actually good.

Requirements:

* Not vinyl, leather, nor fake leather either. Prefer cloth/mesh.
* Weight requirement is not a problem, 225 is only requirement.
* Needs to be able to recline similar to how an office chair does. I don't need a recliner, but would like to lean it back a bit to relax.
* Decent lumbar support.

Any suggestions?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I am looking for a new chair. I want something that's going to be comfortable for long-term gaming sessions, but I've heard from several people those car racing looking chairs that 98% of streamers use are overwhelmingly terrible and not very comfortable yet they seem to make every single list for the "best gaming chairs" and such. I need to find some kind of alternative, or one of those kind of chairs that's actually good.

Requirements:

* Not vinyl, leather, nor fake leather either. Prefer cloth/mesh.
* Weight requirement is not a problem, 225 is only requirement.
* Needs to be able to recline similar to how an office chair does. I don't need a recliner, but would like to lean it back a bit to relax.
* Decent lumbar support.

Any suggestions?

Might want to check out Computer Chairs and Office and gaming chairs

I got an Aeron last year and do not regret it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
1575791174479.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You can afford one of the good ones, so look at offerings from steelcase, herman miller, and humanscale. Expensive but the best when it comes to durability and comfort

• 1Solidarity

Janx

<Silver Donator>
SecretLabs Titan is always the answer. Titan . Just got one (cloth) and it is by far the most well put together and comfortable chair I've ever owned.

• 2Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
SecretLabs Titan is always the answer. Titan . Just got one (cloth) and it is by far the most well put together and comfortable chair I've ever owned.
I don't understand why that thing gets such amazing reviews. It looks no different/more comfortable than any of the other 100s of "racer" chairs out there. The only difference I can see is +leather.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand why that thing gets such amazing reviews. It looks no different/more comfortable than any of the other 100s of "racer" chairs out there. The only difference I can see is +leather.
Mine has a huge T on it. Makes my cock feel titanic.

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I've had a titan now for 1 year with zero complaints.

I went with cloth instead of the leather.

• 2Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Get a Herman Miller. Personally I use an HM embody. Best $1500 I ever spent on a chair considering I sit in it 12 hours a day. That Titan looks like any old fake leather POS office Depot chair rebranded for gamers.

Can't put a price on avoiding back pain. I will say it's more for productivity and long hours than comfiness and avoiding any discomfort sitting.

Last edited:

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Change your desk paradigm! I swapped to a home theater chair with easy-sliding pads under the table/desk feet so then the desk moves instead of the chair. After a week of this, you'll never want to go back to a rolling chair again. Probably going to swap the monitors over to articulated arms soon and do away with the desk entirely.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Change your desk paradigm! I swapped to a home theater chair with easy-sliding pads under the table/desk feet so then the desk moves instead of the chair. After a week of this, you'll never want to go back to a rolling chair again. Probably going to swap the monitors over to articulated arms soon and do away with the desk entirely.

A laptop desk with wireless m/kb in front of a big screen tv works as well

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
If cash is an issue or you don't mind an older Aeron, there are places that bought a shit ton of them off of companies that closed shop. I wish I still had the contact info for the guy that I got mine from. Paid $850 for two, one of which is fully loaded. They are built like a tank and will last forever unless you are in the habit of beating the shit out of chairs.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A laptop desk with wireless m/kb in front of a big screen tv works as well

I like a big screen for gaming, though for work, it feels like I need to be closer to the screen.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There are no sources of used high-end chairs here and it sucks. I'd be able to get one easily if I lived in Ontario, but the only source here in NS is brand new from a dealer, so we're talking 1k at least and that's before 15% tax.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
anyone that sits in front of a computer and streams or talks or games or does reviews gets scouted by all these "gaming chair" guys, and they get a free no questions asked.

look at how crazy they get for this one ruskie, asking what chair he was using playing a fucking truck simulator

giphy.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users