Gaming Chairs

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I'm on mobile, delete thread if one already exists but my search wouldn't load - sorry.

Anyway, I need help with a quality gaming chair. I am looking for something similar to the DX Racer chairs but I'm trying not to pay $500 for one. The only feature I really would love to find is adjustable arm rests because it helps me mitigate my current injury. Anyone have any suggestions or am I going to have to pay a shitload of money for a good chair?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I could have sworn we had a desk/office chair thread somwhere...but I can't find it in this forum or the product review forum. Maybe we've just discussed it a bunch in the Desktop Computer thread...dunno.

Anyways, I'm not much help at all. I love my Herman Miller Aeron chair, most comfortable chair I've ever owned, but the arms are not adjustable up & down, so that wouldn't work for you at all :/

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Would love to find a chair that has an armrest that isn't made out of foam/rubber/whatever material. The fucking thing starts cracking and falling apart well before the rest of the chair.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How do you define the differences between a gaming chair and a normal chair

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have Costco's executive leather chair.

Sit like a boss
While you be the boss.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
There is a thread in product reviews somewhere but if I recall it was more office oriented rather than gaming.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
My Desk chair broke 6 years ago, I moved an old lazy boy to my desk and never looked back, its a bit low but I am tall so it works out and is freaking awesome.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I could have sworn we had a desk/office chair thread somwhere...but I can't find it in this forum or the product review forum. Maybe we've just discussed it a bunch in the Desktop Computer thread...dunno.

Anyways, I'm not much help at all. I love my Herman Miller Aeron chair, most comfortable chair I've ever owned, but the arms are not adjustable up & down, so that wouldn't work for you at all :/
I believe this is the same chair I have. If it is, 9.5/10, would also recommend.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I use a Steelcase Leap which is pretty expensive, though I work from home so....

In general if you live in a larger city there may be local store(s) that buy office used equipment and you'd be able to pickup a high end chair (Aeron, Steelcase, etc.) for a couple hundred bucks.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Don't buy a DX Racer or any chair marketed to gamers. I bought one when it went on sale and I regret every dollar I spent on it. I rather spend the extra dough for a Steelcase or Herman Miller. Off topic, I saw some real estate place have 20+ Steelcase Think yesterday. It looks really sleek in person.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yeah sadly, though the newer model is supposed ot have air conditioned seats, I hear.

Column_sl

shitlord
Its crazy, but I bought My AK chair 10 years ago from Comp USA, and it still works perfect today.

Wish I could find another one. I really like the mesh material on it.

7675456_ra.jpg

I want to buy another chair, but I haven't liked anything yet.

Does anyone own the new AK racer chairs?

Orcus_sl

shitlord
Timely topic for me. My Neutral Posture chair finally bit the bullet, plastic in the back cracked completely in half. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on an Aeron, or even possibly an Embody. Herman Miller on their twice a year sale right now, 15% off til dec 14th. 12 year warranty for 24/7 use. That is badass. $800ish bucks to save your spine and posture over 10 years, isn't much at all.

People balk at spending money on their computer chair, but it and your mattress are the two things I would not skimp on. I've seen the light after using that Neutral Posture for 5+ years. Will never go back to made in China junk from Staples etc. I have a bad back, maybe if you don't it doesn't matter.

There really is almost nothing in between. It's either junk, or it's a Leap/Aeron/Zody/Freedom etc. Maybe the Ikea Markus? It's on sale atm too, around $150.

My only concern with the Aeron are the uptilted sides. I like to sit in the lotus position/indian style whatever you call it frequently, and I won't be doing that in an Aeron. Then again, maybe it will break a bad habit for me.

Column_sl

shitlord
I've been eyeballing that Aeron for about a week. I wish there was a show floor I could test it out.

Everything looks good, but you can't rest your head on anything. I do that sometimes when I'm lounging on my current chair.

It might not make a difference in the way that chair is set up tho.

Anyone on the board owns one?