Gaming Chairs

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Check craigslist as well to see if someone is unloading anything. I remember last time I looked at those Aeron, there were a few people unloading a few of them much cheaper than you could buy anywhere else.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I had one in an office once. Did not really care for it that much, I could just never find the exact right control settings to be comfortable for long and generally I don't like mid-backs. It was definitely more durable than the typical chair. I think you should try and find one to sit in or at least comparable dimensions. As I recall the worst thing (maybe I never found it) was that the seat was not adjustable front and back so the curve in the front actually just put the trim into my calves instead of into the back of my knees so it actually made it worse.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Comp USA, fuck we're all old.
My dad used to take my brother and I there every year before Christmas and let us pick out one computer game each. I remember getting Dark Forces and XCOM: Terror From the Deep there...

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been eyeballing that Aeron for about a week. I wish there was a show floor I could test it out.

Everything looks good, but you can't rest your head on anything. I do that sometimes when I'm lounging on my current chair.

It might not make a difference in the way that chair is set up tho.

Anyone on the board owns one?
The aeron model is pretty old at this point (15-20 years I think so may not be the best). When I bought my steel case the local dealers have loaners you can try for a week or something

I actually just put my Maxnomic Titan together this afternoon. So far it feels very sturdy and comfortable. Its no where near as gaudy as the DXracer and feels very well built. I am a relatively big guy at 6"4 and 270 lbs but this chair dwarfs me. My only current complaint at the moment is at the lowest setting my feet barely touch the ground. They have smaller sized chairs if your more, "normal" in size that have gotten decent reviews. Linustechtips reviewed one on youtube a few months ago and prefers it to the DXracer. Since I have only sat in it for 2 hours take my thoughts with a grain of salt but overall its comfortable and supportive, I could see myself sitting in it for many hours without to many problems.

That is the ugliest chair I've ever seen
It's not the prettiest but its definitely not the ugliest I have seen. Regardless of how it looks, this is the first time in my life I have sat in chair designed for taller people, and it feels wonderful!!

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been eyeballing that Aeron for about a week. I wish there was a show floor I could test it out.

Everything looks good, but you can't rest your head on anything. I do that sometimes when I'm lounging on my current chair.

It might not make a difference in the way that chair is set up tho.

Anyone on the board owns one?
You can get a headrest attachment for the Aeron.