General Gaming News and Discussion

spronk

FPS noob
lara croft will run around reverse tomb raiding, stealing from the british museum and returning artifacts to countries

"this does NOT belong in a museum!" will be her catchphrase

you also won't fight with weapons in the game, instead you will just yell at men until they walk away in shame. the first verbal combat game the world has ever seen

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
the first verbal combat game the world has ever seen
Quantic Dream hasn't been announced as a developer?

Wait nevermind... haha quick Wiki check, that place sounds awesome.

1715786618760.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
lara croft will run around reverse tomb raiding, stealing from the british museum and returning artifacts to countries

"this does NOT belong in a museum!" will be her catchphrase

you also won't fight with weapons in the game, instead you will just yell at men until they walk away in shame. the first verbal combat game the world has ever seen

Bonus scenes are watching the natives smash the returned pottery or statues and build latrines from the scraps

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Wow, Amazon really has perfected the formula of a.) buying a beloved video game/fantasy/sci-fi property, probably for an obscene amount of money b.) spending a metric fuck ton of money on production/development/filming c.) ruining it all by choosing directors/writers/producers/actors who flat out state that they will change all of the things about the property that the fans know and love. What a fucking joke.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Wow, Amazon really has perfected the formula of a.) buying a beloved video game/fantasy/sci-fi property, probably for an obscene amount of money b.) spending a metric fuck ton of money on production/development/filming c.) ruining it all by choosing directors/writers/producers/actors who flat out state that they will change all of the things about the property that the fans know and love. What a fucking joke.
Fallout is the only one I can think of that they did right. I wasn’t even planning on checking it out until I started hearing good things about it. My expectations for Amazon are just dumpster fires, so I don’t even look.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tomb Raider is 100% being made by the Rings of Power/Wheel of Time/Jack Ryan side of Amazon MGM and not the Fallout/Terminal List/Reacher side.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Fallout is the only one I can think of that they did right. I wasn’t even planning on checking it out until I started hearing good things about it. My expectations for Amazon are just dumpster fires, so I don’t even look.

Fallout is a weird one because there are hardly any "main characters" to get wrong. I said in the Fallout TV show thread that I thought they absolutely nailed the feel of the universe. Having thought back on the show, however, there are hardly any memorable parts to the season and the story fell apart once you asked yourself one or two simple questions. As a popcorn show about a world where you can make up just about any story you want? They could've done a hell of a lot worse.

• 1Like

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

I enjoyed the series, but you still have the inevitable white girl/black guy romance, non-binary squire, and racially diverse Vault secondary characters to check off all the necessary liberal boxes.

So they still managed to shoehorn in their agenda. The only thing saving them was that the world-building was so strong to begin with it was hard to fuck it up if they stayed to true to the gameworld. Kind of like The Last of Us, which I also enjoyed, and to a lesser extent The Witcher series.

If they didn't have good lore to build from, then it would have gone completely off the rails like so many other shows have.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I dont know anything about her. Is that legit a good thing? Or is this sarcasm at the highest order?
She had a series called Fleabag and another called Crashing that were legitimately great. They were completely different from something like James Bond and Tomb Raider though.

• 1Barf

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Fallout series absolutely did not do the games justice. Not at all the same type of humor, woke, and the dialogue is so badly written it hurts, it is even worse than... and may god forgive me for uttering this word, Fallout 4. The ghoul is supposed to be a badass but just comes off totally annoying and cringe. the white men are all either scumbags, get killed, or in need of saving.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
They didn't hire a women crew of Wahmen to write it?

I might check it out.

I was so disgusted by what they did to Witcher that haven't watched anything on Amazon since they released Season 2

Goonsquad Officer
They didn't hire a women crew of Wahmen to write it?

I might check it out.

I was so disgusted by what they did to Witcher that haven't watched anything on Amazon since they released Season 2
Yea the characters are likeable and the plot is....not worse than fallout 4. This may be a "wait for season 2 to drive the woke knife in" scenario, but season 1 is pretty fun

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Witcher is a Netflix show.

Not to say that Amazon doesn't take a giant shit on most things they get their hands on too, but still...

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I enjoyed the Fallout series and I don't watch or like anything done in the last 5-10 years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

the guy who wrote most of the GTA games left a few years ago and announced this week the bones of his new game too... sounds familiar

• 1Like