General Gaming News and Discussion

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My point is that "killing millions in the name of progress" is communist talk, comrade. It's not a defense of other shitty cultures.

Yea totally true there's only two options, complete anarchy and degeneracy, or killing millions.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
My point is that "killing millions in the name of progress" is communist talk, comrade. It's not a defense of other shitty cultures.

Except that isn't the real story of what happened. The story goes "millions of people were being killed until enough progress was achieved that we started enjoying better lives than before and stopped killing each other. Except for Communists."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Except that isn't the real story of what happened. The story goes "millions of people were being killed until enough progress was achieved that we started enjoying better lives than before and stopped killing each other. Except for Communists."
Europeans have never stopped killing each other. There's a lot of video games about it. Look at Ukraine ffs, the largest military mobilization in Europe since WW2, all over one man's "legacy" and vague accusations of "you got your nazis in my fascist applesauce."

This idea that white people would stop mass-murdering each other once all the "lesser" races were out of the picture is hilariously fucking wrong. So shut the fuck up.

• 1Moron
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Imbecile
Reactions: 6 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Modern gaming in a nutshell
Gaming is going to be fine. New, leaner studios plus an actually diverse crowd of indies are going to topple the assholes that have been ruining the industry over the past 10+ years.

Valve is going to keep printing money. The "app store taxes" have to come down though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ya. Can you guys kinda move this to the gamergate thread? I am running out of "wholesome" threads I look forward to reading.
Mist is a hypocritical coward who wants to constantly argue about political shit but doesn't want to do it in the subforum specifically meant to keep political garbage contained.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mist is a hypocritical coward who wants to constantly argue about political shit but doesn't want to do it in the subforum specifically meant to keep political garbage contained.
No, people started posting GamerGate stuff outside the GamerGate thread and I came here to tip the dumpster over.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
But at least when the aliens show up and wonder why earth is inhabited by nothing but africans in mud huts surrounding old sky scrapers

That's a real image right there. I think it's pretty likely that "the meek will inherit the Earth" and not know what to do with it.

I learned from James Cameron's terminator future war mythology that in the event of a nuclear war, the only areas that would really be left alone from nuking would be Africa and South America. Course the nuclear chill would cause famine and take out the majority of everyone remaining, but they wouldn't be roundly obliterated.

So if the northern hemisphere all wipe themselves out, chances are Earth really will be inhabited by nothing but disorganized tribes of Africans roaming around Eurasia, with a more functional civilization in Brazil/Argentina that can't go anywhere so it's just down there doing its thing for a millenia.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Words to live by, but social media gave everyone a voice, dictated that they take a side and have an opinion, etc. Now all of those tendencies have bled over into the real world and nobody knows how to shut the fuck up anymore.

Nah. People pointing at social media with blame are like toddlers calling everything furry with four legs a dog. Social media is an easy scape goat :)points: doggy), but is a symptom, maybe a vector, not the actual disease.

The internet and social media isn't bleeding into the real world. The real world is bleeding and social media is just where people see it most. And are the most easy to process a scape goat. Blame the new thing that seems problematic.

Consider that studies show social media is more cloistered into echo chambers than most things when the government or media proclaim social media is ground zero for social discord and fights. What they're really saying is people are somewhat freely having exchanges of information that can't be controlled, so it gets blamed for generically being bad.

But but but that crazy family member that posts weird stuff and disagrees with things! That's called human interaction. We used to do it in person, and deal with it, and not just block people because our propagandized echo chamber told us it's bad to even talk to people with certain views and to not invite family members to Thanksgiving if they have "wrong" political beliefs.

See also, this very long post would in sane world be a few minutes of conversation, but is now an offense because people have been led to believe communication should best be in fast, one way adages and talking points. Not the fault of forums or social media, but a more subversive conditioning.

Social media has huge issues, and we're not really being taught to do it well, so of course it's being blamed for things it's not doing. That's just how people do. Most people want to just live an unassuming life without political or social drama.

The right was told we should all shut up, everyone keep politics out of the dinner table discussion, everyone should agree to keep religion out of school, etc. And while most reasonable people were in agreement and willing to just go about life in a live and let live manner, leftists were not playing by their own rules.

Now that the right is being assholes right back, suddenly the left and simps and cucks call foul.

Can't live and let live in a world where one side is trying to undermine and convert others while they aren't being watched or judged.

We can't just not care about the dev team if the game is good. We tried that and the gaming industry was infiltrated by a bunch of losers who clearly hated gamers. Now people pay attention and it's boohoo no fair leave us alone. And if course boomers and simps and cucks complain because can't we just go back to when games were good and it was socially acceptable to tease people for caring and complaining about the things they ended up right about.

Basically, the willfully ignorant missed gamergate 1 by design or folly, allowing gamergate 2, and a bunch of the same idiots are still saying it's not happening, but in many cases that it's great that it is.

Even this forum still wanting to censor and control discussion because some lame brains don't want to just deal with what's actually happening. Don't talk about what is actually happening in industries in threads about those industries, but then if course blame unrelated things or people or whatever.

People don't want to tackle difficult subjects, so we get more social discord, and then people blame the few places those discussions are or might actually take place. Very human behavior, but pathetic.

• 2Like
  • 1Hodjing
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Europeans have never stopped killing each other. There's a lot of video games about it. Look at Ukraine ffs, the largest military mobilization in Europe since WW2, all over one man's "legacy" and vague accusations of "you got your nazis in my fascist applesauce."

This idea that white people would stop mass-murdering each other once all the "lesser" races were out of the picture is hilariously fucking wrong. So shut the fuck up.

Intentionally misrepresenting facts to, again, make yourself seem like the smartest person in the room. How unlike you.

I was talking about the human population as a whole, not European's specifically. And, again, your first line is not the whole story. The whole story is "HUMANS, EVEN IF THE LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME, have never stopped killing each other.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Gaming news isn’t even about games or gaming anymore, it’s about bullshit that surrounds it. Well not 100% of the time but you get my point.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I was actually thinking of getting back into it. I heard the last expac sucked but they fixed it? And the expacs are on sale.

I moved my gaming laptop to the living room to act as a media server because I'm too lazy to set a proper one up, and I keep seeing my desktop icon for Endless Space 2, maybe one day I will finish it.

/back to FF Rebirth though, got a cruise ship to explore!