General Gaming News and Discussion

spronk

FPS noob

1 year cooldown if you leave a family group before you can join another, so think smart. i wonder how long until people start to charge for steam groups. It also right severely restricts the games you can share, like no Baldurs Gate 3, GTA 5, or really most newer games

still i've got 5000+ games in my steam library lol

MySteamLibrary.jpg

• 2Mother of God
  • 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

1 year cooldown if you leave a family group before you can join another, so think smart. i wonder how long until people start to charge for steam groups. It also right severely restricts the games you can share, like no Baldurs Gate 3, GTA 5, or really most newer games

View attachment 520443

We all joining this motherfuckers group right?

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There has to be limitations to this right? IP locked? Based on profile name or credit card? No way you can use it in a random group to share games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

View attachment 520443

I already make use of steam family library sharing. Set up multiple Windows accounts on kids' PC, log into main Steam on one, kid on the other, share installs across both logins.

This is cool though, less clunky.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There has to be limitations to this right? IP locked? Based on profile name or credit card? No way you can use it in a random group to share games.
Same country(might be region? not entirely sure), and devs can opt out of family sharing at any point(which is why some games don't share atm). 1year cooldown for switching families, VAC bans are shared too so sharing competitive online games is a terrible idea, this kind of stuff. The main purpose is specifically actual family sharing, but it can be extended somewhat.

spronk

FPS noob
damn, sony views the bungie acquisition as a failed investment and destiny is apparently doing worse and worse all the time. no surprise, i fell off hard on D2 once it became harder than dark souls in raids, and these kind of games are the kind that once you fall off you never really want to ever go back

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
If I could figure out how to install the Steam client on a portable device, I'd be a happy guy. I can only do the Steam Link app.

• 1Seriously?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don't get it. The Abyss? All I remember from that is aliens telling people not to use nukes.
It’s an ancient FOH meme. Goliath was describing a movie he couldn’t remember. People kept telling him it was The Abyss and he kept saying no, then describing more of the movie which kept confirming it was The Abyss. It went on for way longer than it should have before he finally realized it was indeed The Abyss.

Anytime someone asks if anyone remembers some thing they forgot people respond with that pic.

• 20Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 21 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
It’s an ancient FOH meme. Goliath was describing a movie he couldn’t remember. People kept telling him it was The Abyss and he kept saying no, then describing more of the movie which kept confirming it was The Abyss. It went on for way longer than it should have before he finally realized it was indeed The Abyss.

Anytime someone asks if anyone remembers some thing they forgot people respond with that pic.
game of thrones agree GIF

• 5Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

There was also some rule or something where it is specifically the special edition version but I can’t find it anymore so maybe I made that up in my head.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Wasn't Goliath a tranny that offed itself with jerle?

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There was also some rule or something where it is specifically the special edition version but I can’t find it anymore so maybe I made that up in my head.
Pretty sure it was too. Like he looked into it and couldn’t find the specific thing he was talking about which was only in the special edition.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Wasn't Goliath a tranny that offed itself with jerle?
Nah, just changed forum name. He was the one posting all the pink haired BDSM pics no one was asking for. Eventually chilled out and is still around I think? Someone was saying they still gamed with him, not sure if he still posts or lurks here under some new name.

• 1Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Stardew Valley 1.6 is out. If AAA gave half as much love to their games as ConcernedApe does, we'd be in a golden age.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Stardew Valley 1.6 is out. If AAA gave half as much love to their games as ConcernedApe does, we'd be in a golden age.
Everyone who cares about gaming at all should buy a copy of this game even if it's not at all their type of game and they will never play it.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I See Data GIF by Star Trek