General Gaming News and Discussion

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I find this crazy because Hi Fi Rush was a big Game Pass title, wasn't it? Doesn't Microsoft need studios like this to create value for Game Pass? Unless they plan on getting rid of Game Pass.
As explained to me by someone who's successful studio was bought and closed by Microsoft:
The Microsoft managers have a certain promotion cadence, and if you're not launching your next product within that window, the cost of your studio is basically just an anchor around their neck, no matter how much money you'll make in the long run. The initial acquisition team likely needs you to make your money back for their reputation of course, but the more promotion cycles that have passed since your acquisition, the easier it is for someone to decide that their career is going to go better if they get you off of their balance sheet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
youngest is doing HVAC full time since he graduated.
Good career. #1 choice I'd say for anyone who doesn't want to go to college. The AI overlords will keep the HVAC techs around for servants long after they liquidate everyone else.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Good career. #1 choice I'd say for anyone who doesn't want to go to college. The AI overlords will keep the HVAC techs around for servants long after they liquidate everyone else.

Any of the classic trades, really. Plumbers and electricians can basically name their price these days.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
HVAC techs do.

aaa.gif

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
$1,599 was the FE and one of each manufacturers’s line up (that they barely produced). Most cards were $1,700 and up.

I need a separate computer for my sim race rig so I’ll be cons00ming whatever comes out that matches or beats my 4090 that I intend to move over.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Pro tip. As an uncle give the loudest and most anoying gifts to nieces and nephews. Also the fisher price or whatever it is tool set the wind up or electric toy drill can drill into sheetrock eventually or so I am told.
I always gave my nephew multiple hundred piece Lego and anything that made noise. I remember giving him a harry potter broom that made wooshing noises and him running around my house playing with it. We all thought it was hilarious until I reminded my brother that it was going home with him. Then for some reason he didn't think it was so funny.

Burns

industry death day

pretty big studios and no real shock about redfall but everyone loved Hi Fi Rush but I guess it didn't really do numbers. I suspect a lot of studios will be shut this year as other pubs will panic, if Microsoft with hundreds of billions in cash reserve is starting to focus only on profitability, everyone else has too now too.
More:
2024-05-08 22.06.43 www.bloomberg.com 167f46bb5368.png

2024-05-08 22.08.17 www.bloomberg.com c08f7568afbd.png

2024-05-08 22.09.58 www.bloomberg.com 5cd5ff47b861.png
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...lans-more-cost-cutting-measures-after-layoffs

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
We need more small team produced high quality games...so we decided to close the studios that made it big doing those until we forced them to make bloated wastes of time.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
"A fucking gut stab"

This is in fact what usually happens in France and London.

Meanwhile, Mr "Didn't Earn It" games sucked ass. Go woke, go broke for this faggot.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am sure Phil Spencer felt a gut stab when Dinga Bakaba delivered Redfall & Youngblood.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users