Get a free Kyle Rittenhouse at Culver's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Can a judge actually do that? I thought that once a jury came back with a verdict, the judge's only leeway was sentencing.
The judge can do that. The judge can direct the verdict after the trial; but only in the not-guilty direction; judge can't disturb a not-guilty.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Without those 14 lbs. of makeup she has on, her cheeks would look like they were caught on fire and somebody put it out with a rake. Holy fuckin' acne, Batman.

Imagine not being all in on Rule 63 Ray Liotta. What are you, gay?

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They are on their honor to be good.

Humour Facepalm GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Found the Crowder clip I was looking for. I appreciate all the "fuck yous" he launched at the end.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 8 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
He is allowed to do interviews before the verdict? Are the jurors sequestered?

This follows the popular theory that the prosecution is doing everything they can to force the judge to call a mistrial and make him take all the heat for their failures.

I hope Judge Cookie Monster goes scorched earth on all of them for playing this game.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
This follows the popular theory that the prosecution is doing everything they can to force the judge to call a mistrial and make him take all the heat for their failures.

I hope Judge Cookie Monster goes scorched earth on all of them for playing this game.
I don't think the judge will call a mistrial. He may fuck the prosecution hard in the jury instructions and the way he charges the jury, pushing it back on them.

But he's not stupid... he knows that it will not resolve a damn thing if he mistrials it and Kyle walks as a result. On the other hand he's like 80+ years old, so he may not give a fuck.

The prosecution in this case has been abysmal - but I think you guys are too programmed by TV to think prosecutors are actually good lawyers. Maybe the top tier federal prosecutors that walk back and forth between biglaw and the DOJ are good (and I know a few that are) but your average ADA's and city attorneys? Fucking morons. Those jobs are TERRIBLE. First year associates at my firm make more than double what a 20 year experienced ADA would make in Dallas. It's ridiculous.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Without those 14 lbs. of makeup she has on, her cheeks would look like they were caught on fire and somebody put it out with a rake. Holy fuckin' acne, Batman.

People put makeup on their ass?

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't think the judge will call a mistrial. He may fuck the prosecution hard in the jury instructions and the way he charges the jury, pushing it back on them.

But he's not stupid... he knows that it will not resolve a damn thing if he mistrials it and Kyle walks as a result. On the other hand he's like 80+ years old, so he may not give a fuck.

The prosecution in this case has been abysmal - but I think you guys are too programmed by TV to think prosecutors are actually good lawyers. Maybe the top tier federal prosecutors that walk back and forth between biglaw and the DOJ are good (and I know a few that are) but your average ADA's and city attorneys? Fucking morons. Those jobs are TERRIBLE. First year associates at my firm make more than double what a 20 year experienced ADA would make in Dallas. It's ridiculous.
our 28% approval vp was a da...

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>

I can't wait for Making of a Murderer 2.0 'Making of a Vigilante'. The state and the prosecutors in Wisconsin are epically bad.

• 1Like

kinadin

<Gold Donor>

I don't expect them to be savants, but I do expect them to not make Mike Nifong look like a saint. So I think that's the most shocking aspect, at least for me.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

Found the Crowder clip I was looking for. I appreciate all the "fuck yous" he launched at the end.

Say what you will about me but that made me tear up, that was real. That was not fake, that was a kid reliving the fear he felt that night and the guilt he felt afterwards. That will stay with him for the rest of his life.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I don't expect them to be savants, but I do expect them to not make Mike Nifong look like a saint. So I think that's the most shocking aspect, at least for me.
I tried a few criminal cases early in my career and the prosecutors basically tried to cheat/lie to the court in 2 out of 3.

Prosecutors are fucking scum. I have no respect whatsoever.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.