Get Out (2017)

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This movie was just named "greatest screenplay of the 21st century" by the Writers Guild of America.
Ratings are something very subjective, but how did this happen ?
It felt pretty average when I saw it, and I personnaly wouldn't rank it as first in it's own category.
But "Get out" is by no means even on par with any movies by Tarantino or Nolan just to give very basic examples.
How is this rated as being superior to No Country for Old Men, Inception, or Children of Men ?!? Fuck off
I liked it. It's a good horror flick. That being said its not even the best horror of that year probably. This feels a lot like they elevating something just because it was done by a Black man(who I think is hilarious by the way) and has a big black cast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I wish it didn't have the random comedy sketch right before the last act where the friend goes to the police station. For like 3 or 4 minutes it's a Wayan's Brothers tier comedy for some reason?

I do love the friend's last line of dialogue though at the end of the film. That bit of comic relief works great.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
This movie is good. I liked it. It’s an 8 at best made into a 10 because of faggots and their racial obsessions

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I made that joke earlier, but yeah I found the movie was pretty damn good. It certainly did all the right things and hit the marks for a compeling horror flick. I liked it quiet a lot.

A Black guy made the film, and he has a black guy as the main character. Makes sense to tell a story from 'your' perspective.

It's only that we're currently in this era of identity politics that there's a great desire to hold this up as something special and to be championed.

Shit man it's just a film.