Ghostbusters : Afterlife

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You left out Dune.

It is indeed becoming a rather obnoxious pattern. There is nothing wrong with a white person falling in love with a black person. It is however in reality a fairly rare occurrence simply due to how people tend to group together. We notice the pattern because of its rarity in reality. Hollywood in all its political glory has chosen to embrace the idea to a point of exaggeration. I do not mind, but I also do not like a narrative being forced down my throat just because I enjoy a particular subject for entertainment.
more i think about it, every student at Spidey's school had an interacial romance, even Vulture. the bad guys cant even marry within their own race anymore. what a crazy world this is.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
You left out Dune.

It is indeed becoming a rather obnoxious pattern. There is nothing wrong with a white person falling in love with a black person. It is however in reality a fairly rare occurrence simply due to how people tend to group together. We notice the pattern because of its rarity in reality. Hollywood in all its political glory has chosen to embrace the idea to a point of exaggeration. I do not mind, but I also do not like a narrative being forced down my throat just because I enjoy a particular subject for entertainment.

I get that. But take a step back and ask yourself how rare it is, comparatively speaking, to have demons opening a portal into the world. Most movies are dealing with shit that would be pretty rare. It's part of the willing suspense of disbelief that we go with it. If you don't have the WSoD, then don't bother watching any TV, seeing any movies, reading any books, or playing any games. You won't enjoy them.

It's just a strange place to draw a line. Yes to demons and proton packs, no to interracial couples. I don't care if you want to hold the line on mixing races, that's your business. I'm just trying to help you enjoy movies more. (Not you specifically, speaking to everyone who is upset by this)

When it happens in a documentary I'll agree it's too far. Otherwise it's just people acting. If it makes you feel better, you can pretend the boy was acting black the same way men acted like women in greek plays.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ghostbusters, the original, was so woke with the Zeddemore diversity hire. What a terrible propaganda film. I'm shaking I'm so angry thinking about it.

He's fine and entertaining. Race mixing in everything is cringe.

Hope my post gave you the opportunities you needed to virtue signal. I'm cringin hard.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I get that. But take a step back and ask yourself how rare it is, comparatively speaking, to have demons opening a portal into the world. Most movies are dealing with shit that would be pretty rare. It's part of the willing suspense of disbelief that we go with it. If you don't have the WSoD, then don't bother watching any TV, seeing any movies, reading any books, or playing any games. You won't enjoy them.

It's just a strange place to draw a line. Yes to demons and proton packs, no to interracial couples. I don't care if you want to hold the line on mixing races, that's your business. I'm just trying to help you enjoy movies more. (Not you specifically, speaking to everyone who is upset by this)

When it happens in a documentary I'll agree it's too far. Otherwise it's just people acting. If it makes you feel better, you can pretend the boy was acting black the same way men acted like women in greek plays.
who's upset? if you notice and point out something stupid, that makes you upset? you sound like those people who call anyone a homophobe if they complain that superman and batman are gay now.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They put that black girl in, but it did not feel shoe horned (like carniverous plant one name bitch as MJ / Chani for example) and nothing felt out of place for a dead end midwestern town. They also never once brought up race this or that, plus the only "couple" were the white mom and the white Paul Rudd. This movie was not bad at all in the woke department. One side joke about Gozer, which I actually laughed at, was the only even remote nod to anything resembling woke in the whole thing. The girl did not do anything ridiculous (at least not without ghost grampa's help) the entire time and played the nerdy tomboy quite well. I don't even thing I recalled seeing a single gay person in the movie.

This, by the way, is how you mix a few non white people into a piece of entertainment (or any minority). Just put them in a character that fits and ignore the fucking woke preaching. No one made black jokes with Winston Z, he was just a working class dude who they hired. No one said "whats a stunnning brave black girl doing in this town?" she was just there as the Sherrif's daughter (love the actor who played him btw). And Podcast was hilarious. There are a lot of movies infected by woke shit these days, but this was not really one of them.

• 5Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I watched this tonight. And I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Good shit.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I avoided this, just like I avoided the other one released several years back. Wanted this part of my childhood left untainted. I was completely obsessed with Ghostbusters, had a giant collection of the toys as a kid.

The kids weren't too annoying, and the plot switched from struggling midwest single mother drama, into an actual Ghostbusters film pretty quickly. Just enough to give the characters some background & depth. Kid me would have loved the shit out of this movie I'm sure.

Worth the watch, made me feel fucking old. End hit the feels a little bit.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Finally saw this, but wish I didn't click this thread.

You guys spend more time being obsessed with race than progressive Twitter, and that's really saying something.

This movie was okay, and would have flat out sucked if the girl didn't nail being Egon's granddaughter.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Djay

Trakanon Raider
She was literally just a female version of Young Sheldon. The movie was good for nostalgia and an emotional farewell to Harold Ramis. They can't rely on those things for the sequel, so hopefully they put together a quality script, but I'm not holding my breath.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
She was literally just a female version of Young Sheldon. The movie was good for nostalgia and an emotional farewell to Harold Ramis. They can't rely on those things for the sequel, so hopefully they put together a quality script, but I'm not holding my breath.
If Young Sheldon fought ghosts with a proton accelerator, that would be a very different, potentially even watchable, show.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Djay

Trakanon Raider
1657564943449.png

spronk

FPS noob
huh didnt even know there was a sequel, coming march 29th 2024

looks decent, the night king in new york lol

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
It was a good continuation of the ORIGINAL Movies. not that disaster that was the remake ~4 years or so ago.

if you liked the original 2 ghostbusters, you'll most likely like this one since it is a direct sequel- a few decades later though. it did good enough in the theatres to greenlight a sequel(see above trailer). (205 million box office-which was great for COVID YEAR Box Office Numbers 10th highest grossing film of 2021).

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It was respectful of the original movies, their characters, and the general vibe, which is not something you can often say about remakes or reboots or continuations decades later.