Gold: Panning, Prospecting, Treasure Hunting

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Salmon. I don't think any of the old mining towns around here were for gold but it still gets me thinking.
There is arivercreek near Salmon named after my family. Apparently 5-6 generations back we were a rich powerful family. The generations somewhere in between my Great Great Great Great Grand Pappy and my Pops pissed it all away.

EDIT: creek not river.

iannis

Musty Nester
If you strike it rich you need to remember that one time that I let you have my spot at Frenzied.

YOU OWE ME.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That discovery channel show where they run half a mountain through a 9000hp separator and end up with a spoonful of flakes really puts a damper on the scene for me.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Obviously they chose no-gold mountain. You're supposed to go to gold mountain.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
There probably be money to be made putting sand and rocks in buckets and selling them as stuff you can pan from the comfort of your home.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
There used to be a show on the outdoor channel, it still may come on. Guys would travel all the way to AK and vacation for a few weeks and rent equipment and such. Work their ass off mining on a site that the organization had rights to (gold panning whatever organization) and when they pooled it all together you could barely see it in a tiny ass container and they would shake it and you would see some "color" float around in the water.

Still remember the annoying ass song gold gold gold fever. I think one time I watched for the entire season (all summer I assume) each particpant got $40 of gold.

The real money looked like it was in selling and renting the equipment they used.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
There used to be a show on the outdoor channel, it still may come on. Guys would travel all the way to AK and vacation for a few weeks and rent equipment and such. Work their ass off mining on a site that the organization had rights to (gold panning whatever organization) and when they pooled it all together you could barely see it in a tiny ass container and they would shake it and you would see some "color" float around in the water.

Still remember the annoying ass song gold gold gold fever. I think one time I watched for the entire season (all summer I assume) each particpant got $40 of gold.

The real money looked like it was in selling and renting the equipment they used.
This is obviously a conspiracy by Big Gold to keep me out of their gold game.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Gonna try to go rock hounding this weekend. A couple guys I work with went poking around an old old opal mine and found a few sweet fire opals. I am in the Gem State, might as well give it a shot.

Pics of an old silver/gold/lead mine I found a few weeks ago hiking and a mining claim that was in a glass jar at the summit a thousand feet above the mine shaft.
rrr_img_109211.jpg

rrr_img_109212.jpg

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
That's not mine dude, fuck. I was taking the picture. Also we just scrambled about 1000' feet up the north face of a 10,000' mountain. Fuck.