Gone Girl

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Getting good reviews so far. The wife wants to see it and I'm avoiding the spoilers. Am I gonna be pissed?

Juvarisx

Florida
Saw it, and if it was directed by anyone other then Fincher I would have hated it. It looked and felt like a Fincher movie and man can he get actors to act to their maximum. The woman liked it more then I did, but it was a solid 7 for me, she would have given it a 9.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
this just in, bitches be crazy. jesus this movie is gonna set some skank off somewhere to go off the deep end

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
this just in, bitches be crazy. jesus this movie is gonna set some skank off somewhere to go off the deep end
It's really hilarious yet fitting that Fincher picked this movie, because it's literally the female version of Fight Club.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Saw it tonight. Bisi score: 8/10

That bitch is terrifying

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Totally worth going to the movies for, great acting all around and one hell of a ride.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
There were some crazy tone shifts in the movie
This drama/thriller feel at the start, later shifted into some very dark funny scenes, then straight up horror when she moved back into the house. Seriously - that woman terrified me at the end. I feared for Ben Affleck's life

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
All around amazing. Loved the sound usage for certain scenes, and the soundtrack overall definitely enhanced the experience.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I give it a 6/10.

Felt like I was getting jerked off towards the end but then the woman stopped and said "bye"

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
I hadn't read the book and knew nothing about the plot outside of the basic "Wife goes missing and husband is accused of murder" angle. I think David Fincher is a bit of a genius filmmaker, so I went to see this on his merit alone and was not disappointed. The acting was superb, the plot shifts caught me off guard and the atmosphere of the film was pitch perfect. After watching the film, I read that spoilered synopsis on the first page and it really just doesn't do any justice to what you'll actually experience -watching- the film.

9/10 for me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
All the guys giving it high reviews, what are your thoughts on

the ending? It felt dumb to me that a guy would go "oh well, having kid gotta stay with her" after all of that. I did feel good when he slammed her into the wall though.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So after reading all the reviews of how well Fincher did with the material, I'm almost tempted to go see this.

Anyone here read the book AND seen the movie? I hated the ending of the book. Will I hate the movie or is it worth going to see because of Fincher?

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
So after reading all the reviews of how well Fincher did with the material, I'm almost tempted to go see this.

Anyone here read the book AND seen the movie? I hated the ending of the book. Will I hate the movie or is it worth going to see because of Fincher?
I haven't read the book, but it sounds like it ends rather similarly. So you're probably not going to change your mind there.

However if you're a fan of Fincher and his style, this has his fingerprint all over it. Worth the price of admission alone, for me. Elsewise, if I were you, I might wait for the disc.