Good LGBT movies

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I highly recommend As Good as it Gets. Nicholson is hilarious in it.

Also I thought Brokeback Mountain was a great emotional film.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I have never seen Brokeback Mountain and most likely never will. I am personally not a fan of LGBT movies or tv series. ;o

spronk

FPS noob
priscilla and bird cage are 2 awesome movies

agent smith does not look good in drag tho

Szlia

I have never seen Brokeback Mountain and most likely never will. I am personally not a fan of LGBT movies or tv series. ;o
The presence or absence of LGBT themes/characters in a movie has no impact on its quality really, so it's not a question of being a fan of LGBT movies or not.

What can be argued though is that some of these movies have a 'made by the community for the community' feel that can be alienating for some (even if you are supposed to be part of the so called community). But even movies created in this spirit can be very good.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Bird Cage was ok.

Too Wong Fu was also ok. The one with Swayze in drag. I haven't seen the one it was based off. I didn't know it was a remake, I thought it was a book become movie.

Thelma and Louise?

Brokeback Mountain?

As Good as it Gets? Didn't Kinnear play a gay who got hatecrimed in that?

There's not a lot of mainstream gay themed movies that I can think of. They exist.
pretty sure the guys robbing his apartment were all gay prostitutes thinking they had an easy mark and one of the guys busted him with a lamp post because he had caught them in the act.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It is a decent movie about relationships, regardless of the specifics. And Heath Ledger is really good in it.

I don't like movies that are just niche genre to be niche genre. Like I am not into Tyler Perry movies, but I don't judge them, whatever, some people really like them.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Priscilla Queen of the Desert.

"Kneel before Zod", in a dress.

Also, Dallas Buyers Club.