Google I/O 2013

Spork

Bronze Knight of the Realm
bah, no new nexus 7 announced. Been holding off getting one cause everyone said they would announce V2 today. =/

Wolfen_sl

shitlord
I signed up for the streaming radio service. Seems decent so far. I also like what they're doing with Search and Google Now.

Turgur_sl

shitlord
Same. So far I'm finding that the variety in their radio feature is far better than Pandora and has a lot more features such as unlimited skips and being able to see what is coming up and rearranging it. I've been using Pandora for a few years but I'm really liking Google's new streaming radio and will probably stick with it.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yea I signed up for the free 30 days of the google play music stream as well. So far I like it. Always wanted to try spotify but not enough to make a FB acount so this seems perfect for me.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Does this mean that if we already have Google Music, we'll need to start paying for it now? Or is that only if we want the radio service?

Turgur_sl

shitlord
Does this mean that if we already have Google Music, we'll need to start paying for it now? Or is that only if we want the radio service?
The app will remain free. The monthly subscription is only if you want to add the following:

With our new All Access service (US), you can play millions of songs on Google Play, listen to radio with no limits, and enjoy playlists handcrafted by our music experts. Keep listening for just $7.99/month when you start your trial before 6/30/2013.

With both All Access (US) and Standard, the Google Play Music app lets you listen to your music collection anywhere. All your music is stored online, so no need to worry about syncing, storage space or offline playback.

All Access (US) features:
* Listen to unlimited songs
* Create custom radio from any song, artist or album
* Enjoy radio without skip limits
* Get smart recommendations based on your tastes

All Access (US) and Standard features:
* Add up to 20,000 of your own songs from your personal music collection
* Access your music anywhere without syncing, and save your favorites for offline playback
* Experience music without ads
* Buy new music on Google Play (18M+ songs)
* Share a free full play of the songs you purchase from Google Play with your friends on Google+.
* Learn more about Google Play athttp://play.google.com/about/music

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The updated Google Music app keeps crashing on my phone(S3, Verizon). It works fine on my Nexus 10. Fucking a..

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea I signed up for the free 30 days of the google play music stream as well. So far I like it. Always wanted to try spotify but not enough to make a FB acount so this seems perfect for me.
Since when do you need a FB account to sign up with Spotify?

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
For awhile now if you didn't have an account from before they required it.
Hmm guess I must have missed that since I have been with them since the beginning. Seems they no longer require facebook anymore. There is an option there to sign up with an email address. That being said what a stupid policy, wow.

blappie_sl

shitlord
lol fail
smile.png