GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You've used crazy death cult for the last 10 pages or so. We get it, you're retarded. Stop beating the same drum.
God forbid I use the words crazy death cult to describe a crazy death cult. I'm definitely going to waste my time coming up with a different phrase that means crazy death cult because you don't want to see the phrase crazy death cult. I mean I can't really see how the phrase crazy death cult would get on someone's nerves when you're specifically talking about a crazy death cult, but I suppose not everyone wants to talk about a crazy death cult, even when that crazy death cult and Arya's attempt to join said crazy death cult is the focus of one of the major subplots this season.

Also, crazy death cult.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
God forbid I use the words crazy death cult to describe a crazy death cult. I'm definitely going to waste my time coming up with a different phrase that means crazy death cult because you don't want to see the phrase crazy death cult. I mean I can't really see how the phrase crazy death cult would get on someone's nerves when you're specifically talking about a crazy death cult, but I suppose not everyone wants to talk about a crazy death cult, even when that crazy death cult and Arya's attempt to join said crazy death cult is the focus of one of the major subplots this season.

Also, crazy death cult.
Wait, Arya's joined a crazy death cult? When did that happen?

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Dothraki feel roughly modeled after the Mongolian Horde. We know what happened when the Mongolian Horde sailed 1000 ships to Japan. I bet the same fate is in store for Dany on her Ironborne ships.
Typhoons are going to wreck them? Sick.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The new released chapter was pretty cool. Told from Aeron's perspective (Euron's brother if you don't recall).

Basically, the cool Pirate King has Valyrian steel heavy armor on and preparing to do some supernatural shit in the Reach. Still a bit sad that Euron in the show is lame in comparison... so far.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My guess is they'll kill each other, just like the Mountain's previous fight.
or the writers are fucking with us and tommen is gonna be their champion to fight mountain. cue airhorns.

TJT you are exceptional with your untagged book spoilers. were you born that way or were you dropped on your head a few dozen times as a child and turned exceptional?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Three dozen times. Are you counting how many times I have offended this rule sir?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I like the part where Astro doesn't want "spoilers" from a preview chapter, reads the first sentence including the words "newly released chapter", then goes ahead and reads the rest of the post.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
soo... believe in a non existent god and get power, that is "nothing more" than "magic"... don't believe in a god because they don't exist and have no power and or magic?
Plenty of people in the show have not believed in a god and tapped into the same kinds of power, Dany being the most obvious example. People always attribute what they don't understand to gods, or some other force, because its comforting thinking there is some greater plan or control. Really though? The red priests just seem like Wizards, who know a specific spell which gives them visions, nothing in the show or book really leads me to believe there is some god behind it all.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The visions are kind of weird throughout the series. The Ghost of High Heart/Red Priests/Warlocks seem to have true "magical" visions which are used as literary devices to allude to coming events sometimes.

But at the same time, half the characters seem to have similar dreams/hallucinations/etc that do the same thing and have no magical roots at all. They are just used as literary devices.

Best not think of it too hard IMO.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The visions are kind of weird throughout the series. The Ghost of High Heart/Red Priests/Warlocks seem to have true "magical" visions which are used as literary devices to allude to coming events sometimes.

But at the same time, half the characters seem to have similar dreams/hallucinations/etc that do the same thing and have no magical roots at all. They are just used as literary devices.

Best not think of it too hard IMO.
Maybe all of those people are just receiving visions from the 3 eyed raven, much like Bran did to Hodor. Bran just didn't know what the fuck he was doing and turned Hodor into a retard. Gotta' break some eggs to make an omelette.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The 3 eyed raven made it pretty clear in the book he was never able to influence anyone through his visions, he was only able to witness. That seems to be something special to Bran.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You people are Lost'ing this show and book series and not realizing how bad of a writer GRRM is.

There are going to be times you have to hit the "I Believe" button that it all works out.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
You people are Lost'ing this show and book series and not realizing how bad of a writer GRRM is.

There are going to be times you have to hit the "I Believe" button that it all works out.
I believe!

media.media.0767ae33-3603-4485-a594-cbef8034ebec.normalized.jpeg

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I really do believe GRRM isn't writing anything anymore. He's just stealing fan theories.

It's goddamn brilliant. He's basically kickstarting the rest of his books.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What I really want to know is the Marge angle in the whole High Sparrow storyline. She is obviously playing something but I can't quite seem to understand what her end game is. I highly doubt simple release was her goal and paying so much for her freedom. There has got to be something else going on there.
My take is.

Her Brother is close to death that is her primary motivation and she will sacrifice her husband in order to save him.

She has also undergone a likely character transformation in the time she was held. The good queen wanting the approval of the public is now gone and a more ruthless Cersei type persona will emerge.

iannis

Musty Nester
Plenty of people in the show have not believed in a god and tapped into the same kinds of power, Dany being the most obvious example. People always attribute what they don't understand to gods, or some other force, because its comforting thinking there is some greater plan or control. Really though? The red priests just seem like Wizards, who know a specific spell which gives them visions, nothing in the show or book really leads me to believe there is some god behind it all.
And quite a bit in the show leads you to believe that there is not a pantheon behind it at all.

Jaqen and Thoros are the only two good-faith disciples of a God that we have seen, and BOTH of them are like "Iunno. shit works somehow i guess". Other than that you have the red witch, who's just a witch -- and you have the high sparrow who is just bernie sanders.