GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
When Jaqen said a girl is now no one, I took that to mean she is now a legit faceless assassin. Even if she leaves she still has the facechanging power. I don't think Jaqen at Harrenhal was toting around a half dozen faces inside his tunic. I think he maybe did the de-facing ritual on the fly or had straight up shapeshifting facechanger ability. So Arya should be able to do the same.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ok yeah I can't find anything about someone circumnavigating the globe. Not sure where I got the idea one of the Greyjoy leaders did it.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
That had to be the worst episode of GoT to date-- never before has there been such a startling contrast in writing/directing/editing between episodes imho. Everything but the Sandor storyline was total anti-climactic dogshit.

- Arya: We're supposed to believe the actress is not only a trauma surgeon, but that Arya healed to Full over the course of a few days-- to the point where she can basically acrobat through the streets? And of all people she decided to go to the actress, the one marked for death that she should have known would be targeted again? Also, the whole "waif terminator" with the thundering bass every time she jumped/landed? Fuck off.
- Tyrion: His whole season has been dogshit, but this episode was particularly bad. The "let's tell a joke" scene was cringeworthy
- Daenarys: The timing of her arrival was horshit and just weak writing
- Edmure/Jaime: "I know you're a really bad person". "No, I'm actually worse than you think". "ok, take the castle then". Wut?
- Blackfish: "I will go down fighting like a hero" scenario. Felt so forced and clich?

It was probably the first GoT episode where I was constantly rolled my eyes and wanted it to be over. Such a disappointment to so many storylines. It felt more like a ScyFy production than GoT.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Why do we feel like the greyjoys are going to show up and fight the masters? Aside from it just being a plausible turn of events. Seems just as likely that dragons burn the ships in a matter of minutes and dothraki clean up any ground military and Ironborn show up in the aftermath.
Because the fleet is already heading to Mereen and it is instant trust with Daenerys if they fight against the Masters.

Even though Euron said to build 1000 ships, why is everyone taking it literally? I do not expect any fleet to be built in time. What likely happens is Theon/Yara return to Westeros with Daenerys before Euron even builds 1 ship. Maybe we get Yara/Theon taking back the Iron Islands at some point.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I kinda feel like dragons + wooden ships is a very clear outcome in favor of the dragons.

It's not like they have patriot missiles or some shit.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
The littlefinger transporter will be used so hard core the next two episodes, it will be just as retarded as the Waif aka T-1000 chase.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Because the fleet is already heading to Mereen and it is instant trust with Daenerys if they fight against the Masters.

Even though Euron said to build 1000 ships, why is everyone taking it literally? I do not expect any fleet to be built in time. What likely happens is Theon/Yara return to Westeros with Daenerys before Euron even builds 1 ship. Maybe we get Yara/Theon taking back the Iron Islands at some point.
Then why introduce Euron at all if you're just going to completely ignore what he's doing? This show has no subtlety left man. He says he's gonna build a lot of ships so he can ally with Dany. That's what he's trying to do.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Not saying the writing is great or bad, just saying what's obvious. They needed a way to get the Iron Fleet to Mereen. This was a quick way to do that. Random uncle appears, tells everyone his plan, takes out the King and replaces him. Forces Theon/Yara to steal fleet and use his plan instead. Without Euron they'd be dicking around still and no fleet going to Mereen.

It's just too obvious. There's no reason in the show to have a 2nd fleet built.

Caliane

he is a man.

Yara has a fleet, is going to get there first, and as noted, just in time when Dany needs a fleet to fight off the Master's fleet. Now dragons vs masters fleet does seem predictable. But as noted, if dragons burn the fleet, Dany still needs ships. Yara.

so, where does Euron fit in?
Dany is almost certainly going to accept Yara, and their fleet. Euron shows up too late, and what ?offers his fleet if she marries him? She has been forced to make some actual diplomatic choices, but that is laughable.

So, either he murders Yara to claim all the fleets. or, the dragon horn thing suddenly shows up, and its a total shitshow. Dragons fighting dragons, both fleets burning. or, they just walk right over Euron and his fleet, making him pointless, save an excuse to push yara/Theon to Mareen and Dany.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Drogon is going to burn a few ships making the rest surrender. Greyjoys also show up and block the harbor just to have instant friendship with the Dragon Queen. They realize combined they have about half the ships they need. Sometime next season we get Euron. End of next season Dany sails to Westoros, finally!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Ok yeah I can't find anything about someone circumnavigating the globe. Not sure where I got the idea one of the Greyjoy leaders did it.
Euron went to Asshai and to ruined Valyria. Places people are not supposed to be able to sail to. That is probably why you are thinking that.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Or they confiscate enough of the Master's ships to where she'll have enough ships and in Ep10 we see them sailing off into the sunset as her final scene this season.

Next Season is her taking King's landing & establishing her rule there.

Season 8 is her and Jon teaming up vs the WW.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
That had to be the worst episode of GoT to date-- never before has there been such a startling contrast in writing/directing/editing between episodes imho. Everything but the Sandor storyline was total anti-climactic dogshit.

- Arya: We're supposed to believe the actress is not only a trauma surgeon, but that Arya healed to Full over the course of a few days-- to the point where she can basically acrobat through the streets? And of all people she decided to go to the actress, the one marked for death that she should have known would be targeted again? Also, the whole "waif terminator" with the thundering bass every time she jumped/landed? Fuck off.
- Tyrion: His whole season has been dogshit, but this episode was particularly bad. The "let's tell a joke" scene was cringeworthy
- Daenarys: The timing of her arrival was horshit and just weak writing
- Edmure/Jaime: "I know you're a really bad person". "No, I'm actually worse than you think". "ok, take the castle then". Wut?
- Blackfish: "I will go down fighting like a hero" scenario. Felt so forced and clich?

It was probably the first GoT episode where I was constantly rolled my eyes and wanted it to be over. Such a disappointment to so many storylines. It felt more like a ScyFy production than GoT.
Thanks. Was working myself up to post pretty much the same thing but you saved me the trouble.

Previous to this season the show was a reasonably decent rendition of the books. Now it's turned into a high production quality fan fic. They need new writers fast. Or they need to fire whatever studio exec is approving this shit. Every episode this season my desire to keep watching the show decreases-- which sucks.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I dunno, some of you just seem to be hate watching. The Edmure/Jaime scene in particular was very well acted and yet I see tons of hate for it. Also, people constantly seem to be not understanding what was actually going on in the scene.

For example, this summary...
"Edmure/Jaime: "I know you're a really bad person". "No, I'm actually worse than you think". "ok, take the castle then". Wut?"

ignores or handwaves what actually went on and the leadup to it. The Blackfish didn't take Jaime's threats seriously and Edmure didn't either. This was in part because of how long he was mistreated and the Frey's weakness to actually carrying out their threat. He thought it couldn't really get worse for him. Jaime did a good job in convincing him that it indeed could get much much worse for him and that Jaime was more than willing to carry out the threat. It was also very well acted by both parties.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Man, this thread is a testament to how bad the writing is and how bad the show is going to end.

Everyone is bickering and arguing about how stupid this or that will be and yet we have been getting writing that's even worse.

"That's your theory you fucking mongoloid?"

Monday morning:

"Holy shit, I would have preferred your terrible theory"

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I dunno, some of you just seem to be hate watching. The Edmure/Jaime scene in particular was very well acted and yet I see tons of hate for it. Also, people constantly seem to be not understanding what was actually going on in the scene.

For example, this summary...
"Edmure/Jaime: "I know you're a really bad person". "No, I'm actually worse than you think". "ok, take the castle then". Wut?"

ignores or handwaves what actually went on and the leadup to it. The Blackfish didn't take Jaime's threats seriously and Edmure didn't either. This was in part because of how long he was mistreated and the Frey's weakness to actually carrying out their threat. He thought it couldn't really get worse for him. Jaime did a good job in convincing him that it indeed could get much much worse for him and that Jaime was more than willing to carry out the threat. It was also very well acted by both parties.
It was well acted but the dialogue didn't support the outcome. I'll rewatch it tonight, but my first thought when Edmure ordered the guard to surrender was "huh"? Edmure knew full well the depths of what Jaime was capable of-- he literally tells him so. He's the kingslayer, he holds him responsible for the death of his family and the red wedding. I mean, how much more "evil" can one perceive someone else to be? Yet Jaime telling him that he'll kill everyone and will do anything for Cersei is some sort of newfound revelation to Edmure-- and to such an extent that he'll go from fully defiant to fully compliant?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Man, this thread is a testament to how bad the writing is and how bad the show is going to end.

Everyone is bickering and arguing about how stupid this or that will be and yet we have been getting writing that's even worse.

"That's your theory you fucking mongoloid?"

Monday morning:

"Holy shit, I would have preferred your terrible theory"
It is kind of funny we had all these convoluted theories on how Arya is fine after getting gut stabbed but the actual answer is "Nah she's just fine. Walk it off."

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It was well acted but there wasn't enough dialogue to justify the actual actions.
Jaime basically said I'll kill you, your wife, your kid and everyone else to get back home. Edmure, even given his situation and how the kid was born, still apparently wants to see his kid and also not be murdered himself. That's what I got from all that and why Edmure did what he did.